Chapter 110: Forward and backwards.

----- NO ONE'S POV -----

The group sat down on the bleachers watching the other schools compete with each other. Some of the players of Karasuno high were busy watching the game while the others talked quietly with (y/n). (y/n) sat close to the edge. At this moment she didn't have her fox mask on, only the other one that covered the lower half of her face. 

"So what is it like being in UA?" Yachi asked.
"It's a lot different from mine." (y/n) Shrugged. "Sure we had history, math and stuff like that but the one back home made more sense to me since it was necessary in battle." She said in a low sigh. 
"So your old school was just about fighting?" Hinata asked.
"I guess you could say that?" It was like that more or less. Sure the academy days they were mostly in the classroom learning about the human body, basics of jutsus and chakra control but it still about the battle..
"Isn't that a little bit too extreme?" Asahi asked. She chuckled at his comment remembering Momo's words. If he thought that was extreme he should look at the other villages. One village had to kill their classmates as the final exam so they can graduate. Of course, (y/n) only thought of it, there was no way she could say that to anyone. 
"If you live surrounded by other villages who try and oppose our home you'd be in ninja school too." She said shrugging.
"You mean there are people from other villages who try to invade yours?" Kazuhito asked.
"Thats one way to put it." She agreed. "We've had our fair share of invasions here and there but nothin our village can't handle." She smiled proudly.
"One question." Daichi said.
"What is it?" She looked at the team captain waiting for his question.
"During the UA sports festival when you went one on one with that Todoroki guy. Did you actually lose or did you let him win?" 
She chuckled remembering that day. She paid the price for doing what she did but she didn't regret it. She smiled to herself.
"I let him win." 
"WHAT?!" Nishinoya and Ryunosuke exclaimed.
"Heh. Pay up." Rei said looking at the two at the back with a sly smirk on his face. He turned to Hinata, Chikara, Hasashi and Kazuhito. "You too." The shorter male huffed pouting reaching for his wallet. Then they gave Rei the money which he then shared it with the rest of the team. 
"Why?" Nishinoya whines pouting teary-eyed.
(y/n) Smiled apologetically. "Like i said to someone, Sometimes you have to lose to win." She simply said.
"What?" They looked at her confused.
"You guys work as a team. I don't expect you to understand what i mean." She paused. "I may have lost the competition but i gained something much more valuable."
"What's more valuable than winning?" Tobio asked.
"I rescued someone who needed help and in turn i gained a friend." She smiled warmly looking at the pendant that hung on her phone. Of course one of the reasons why she won was she proved a point against Endeavor which made her want to boast and rub it on his face but she had too much self respect to do so, so lets not dwell on that.
"It looked more like her burned you to a crisp." Rei said bluntly. (Y/n) chuckled.
"Again, i dont expect you to understand but saving someone from their own demons or rescuing someone from the pit of darkness they placed themselves into is better than winning that competition." She smiled remembering Gaara. "Lets just say, ive rescued someone with the same problem back then." She paused then snickered. "Or maybe because i didn't really mind the competition that's why i saw it as a win." She said giggling to herself.

The whole team was silent after what she said. After hearing her side of the story their hearts fluttered leaving a warm fuzzy feeling in their chest. Their lips curved upwards forming a smile. Maybe because after that, she made them restore heir faith in humanity. Made them believe theres still good in this world. Not just dead end jobs, or villains gaining power since All Might's retirement and stuck up heroes who are only doing their job for fame, money and pleasure. No doubt the world needed more people like her to shine brighter than any star in the dark sky, someone like her to shine down a ray of hope and faith because that's all they need to be free from the so called darkness.