Chapter 34: Kakashi Sensei

Start from the beginning

The rest of the dinner went off smoothly, some jokes where made, light friendly threats, and even some memory throwbacks. Now we paid for the meal and left. We walked home enjoying our time since Kakashi sensei was going back to Konoha in the morning. 

"Hey there hot stuff." Ino got pulled to the wall by a random person. 
"Watch it!" Ino said angrily.
"I always liked it when they fight back." He licked his lips. Ew.
"Hey let go of her you creep!" i said but i was pulled into the alley by the side walk. 
"Awe you're jealous cuz your friend has the attention? Don't worry i'll give you some attention." the guy said pinning me to the wall.
"I wouldnt do that if i were you." I warned.
"What your guy friend over there?" He looked back at the sidewalk where the boys where standing looking at us. "They don't seem interested to save you or your friend." He turned back to me with a weird look on his face.
"Oh. It's not us you have to look out for." Kakashi sensei said stuffing his hands in his pockets.
The two unknown males looked at them blinking.
"Its them." Asuma sensei finished his sentence.
The guy looked back down at me. "So whats the word now Sensei?" Ino said, You could almost hear the smirk in her voice.
"Go ahead." Kakasi said. "Just don't kill them." Asuma smiled lighting a cigarette.

We left the two men beat up and tangled in the alleyway unconscious. Ino and i high fived  proud of out work.
"Some people just have no human decency." Ino said
"Serves them right." I said patting my palms."
"You guys might have over done it a bit." Asuma said.
"They're lucky they only left them with a few bumps and bruises. For all we know they could have left them with a broken rib or two. Or perhaps a jaw." Kakashi sensei said in thought.
"Okay now that's over doing it." Yamato sensei said.

We continued our stroll and luckily enough it was peaceful all the way home. We each had a warm bath and watched a movie until it was time for me to sleep.

"I know why you really left Konoha." I was currently almost sunrise. The sky was blue, The sky was in a dark shade of blue. I was standing outside to see Kakashi sensei go off. 

"What do you mean?" I asked pretending not to know what he meant. As far as ive know i haven't told anyone.
"You left Konoha but being a hero was only part of it." i looked away guilty.
"Is that why you came here?"
"Partly. I was also tasked to see how you were doing by the Hokage." He said.
"I see."

It was silent for a moment. Only quiet shuffles and the sound of a zipper closing filled the silence
"I think you should know. Naruto has been distracted ever since you left." I looked at him concerned.
"Is he alright though?"
"Yes." He turned to me "You should visit sometime." 
I nodded and smiled. "Of course i will." 
He hummed sending me a smile and a waved before jumping on the gate and disappearing from view.

I couldn't help but worry for Naruto. No matter what i will always have his back as does he. We made that promise long ago. Way before we became a genin. Now that were apart its hard to comfort him but i'll drop everything here and run back if he calls me. 

'Even if the sky does fall
Even if they take it all
There's no pain that I won't go through
Even if I have to die for you.'

I remember singing that with him and we meant it. No one else knew him better than i do. No one knows me better than he does. We my have had nothing bet at least we had each other. People tried to rip us apart, people like Zabuza, Orochimaru, Kabuto, even Itachi when he came back to Konoha with that Akatsuki friend of his.

No matter what crossed our paths we managed to overcome it. 

Im sorry Naruto. I can't come home just yet. Just hold on just a little while longer.

I looked at the sky sending a quiet heartfelt message and hope that it reaches Naruto whereever her is, what ever he's doing, i hope it soothes whatever is bothering him. I want him to know i still care, im still here.