Chapter 45 |•|traps

Snow's pov.

"Have a safe trip gilda.. don!" I patted their backs as i hugged them tight.

Hayato seems to go back to normal as he was smiley among the kids.

I nodded secretly at ayshe to which she spoke in a language that everyone thought maybe dog language... idiots.

"Dont worry.. I'll keep them safe."she said casually that it didn't seem like she was talking to me. She made it clear to me that she didn't want anyone to know that she can speak both languages.

"Hayato?.. are you still upset?" I asked him as i smiled at him.

"No.. can never do that to you ok?.. im just jealous i guess" he said jokingly as he ruffled my hair giggling.

We bid them goodbye and a safe trip as they left to find my two entity friends.

I watched as norman wore his cloak. Barbara and the others are already waiting down the hide out for him.. they're heading out to the capital.. the plan is moving drastically fast.

"Norman?" I called out before he can leave the room.

He turned around catching me as I literally jumped to him. He stumbled back a bit .. looks like he's still the wimpy kid i know..

I hugged him tight to which he chuckled a bit.

"Stay safe please?.. i dont know what I'll do if you die.. I don't know what I'll say to emma if you disappear.. so stay safe ! Ok!?" I said sternly as tears threatened to fall but i sucked it up.

"I promise.. and dont worry..I'll never lose a battle of wits" he said smirking at me. " but you.. you have to be safe here ok? I dont want to leave the burden of keeping them safe to you but.. if things get worst.. dont try sacrificing yourself to them ok?.. i dont know what I'll tell ray if they ever lay a finger on you." He joked soflty as he rubbed my head.

"You have to come back ok? Besides your still planning to marry emma right?" I joked at him making him blush hard.

He smiled at me in determination as he lifted his hood up before leaving the door.

I walked to the balcony as the kids bid farewell and goodlucks to them. I waved slightly at barbara mouthing a goodluck as she smiled at me.

And they're gone..

Im currently in the woods.. my instincts.. im having a bad feeling so suddenly.. that's why im doing my best to make as much traps as i could that would only harm the demons.

I've already warned the kids to stay at the hideout and not to wander around. I've also sent a message to hayato's group and norman's group about the traps im laying.

I wonder what my instincts are telling me.. my guts still doesn't feel good.

It's already been a two days since norman left and after checking the hideout i headed to the woods laying traps everywhere.

It's already night fall but im still trying my best to kill the stray demons to keep the kids safe.

I walked back to the hide out after making sure everything's set.. this should be enough to kill anyone who tries to mess with us.

But i still need to make rounds to make sure i didn't catch the wrong ones.. if worst happens hayato's idiot enough to get caught in my traps.

But it shouldn't be that worrying since gilda and don is with him and ofcourse ayshe.

I neared the hide out but i stopped upon hearing horse hooves.. what?

I told them to not fvcking go outside!

I quickly ran to where i heard them .. shit they're near one of the traps.

I ran quicker as i saw them.. was that oliver? And e-emma!? They're back?!

I quickly held my hand out letting a hoard of frost create a wall high enough to stop them.

They all shrieked stopping their horse immediately.

I jumped down infront of them as they all flinched

"I told you to stay inside!!" I said frustratingly out of breath as i heave heavily.

"SNOW!" I turned to emma as she literally jumped on me.

I was quick enough to catch her as she hugged me tightly.

"OH M-MY GOD! Y-YOU'RE BACK!" I said hugging her .

Shit.. im so glad!

"Im glad your safe" ray said as emma handed me to him.

I hugged him back happy that his safe.

"So? What happened? And where are you heading? I'll go come with you-"

"No! Stay here... the others need you.. and you're safer here ok?" Ray said to which i shook my head.. oh come one they're leaving me again!?

"We've managed to make a new promise snow.. its still on hold so we need to hurry to norman now!" Emma said.

T-they did it!

"Im so proud of you." I said smiling.." now hurry.. I'll make sure the kids are safe ok?" I said as i touch the ice instantly melting to the ground as they climbed the horse.

"Be safe oliver! Nijel.. gillian!" I said nodding at them as they all nodded back before leaving.

I told them the quickest and safest route that didn't have my traps.. they should be able to make it.

I ran back to the hide out making sure everyone's ok...

There's not a single one of the strong kids as almost all the kids my age that came from lambda is with norman.

Im left with the toddler and the other kids from the different plantations. Most of the populations are the smaller kids and i made sure to place them all upstairs... way up.

While the older ones are placed down below. Jemima and the others insisted that they'll stay down here with anna and my other siblings.

At first i didn't want to let them but they just had to be darn cuties with puppy eyes.. oh well I'll just make sure they're safe then.

We dont have look out for tonight since I didn't want any of them outside the hide out.. so all i can depend on is my traps.

I stayed at the middle of the floor here at the hide out staring at the only entrance inside this place. The exits are hidden from anyone who doesn't know the place.

Nat and anna are still with the others at the lab trying to figure out what's with adam.

My ears perked up.. w-was that footsteps?.. that kinda sounded a lot.. the ground shook beneath me as i slowly stood up.. this cant possibly be an earthquake.

But there's no way they'd find the hide out easily ..

Right?