Chapter 25 |•| look out.

Ray's pov.

It'll take us two weeks to get there but at this rate i guess it'll take us a week more.

The road we took was a safe zone for us. There wasn't any demons lurking around at all. It's already been two days and we were already far away from goldy pond.

We're currently resting to attend to the injured ones and also because the small ones are tired.

"Hey.. ray right? Is it ok if I'd check up on frost for a bit?" violet asked me as she pointed at the white haired girl who is surrounded by some of the smaller kids.

We were the ones In charge of look out for tonight and it seems like there's no demons anyways so i nodded at her as her face lit up instantly running to the girl.

I heard from lucas that she escaped goldy pond to seek for help but on the way to escape she was eaten by archduke lewis, sending one of the kids holding a bloody shirt back to the village.

But it seems that they were tricked.. the girl surely did escape and came back to help them.

I watch curiously as one of the smaller kids tried to pull her mask off . Im also curious as to what she looked like. She had some sort of device placed on her ears. What is that?

I watched as they slowly tried to pull the mask off but violet came over tapping the kid's hand .

"You know she doesn't like being bothered when she's sleeping.. so shush and shoo~" violet said shooing the kids away.

Snow also didn't like it when i blow on her ears everytime she sleeps.. i had a black eye at the age of 5 because of that.

"GASP! your awake! Do you feel ok? Does it hurt anywhere?-"  i turned my head as the kids surrounded her again while violet helped her up.

I was caught off guard when she turned my way as her eyes instantly widened. I flinched when she fastly stood up and ran to me. I stood up too.. why the hell am i getting panicked over this?!

That's when i heard a branch snapped behind me . I turned just in time as the wild demon behind me instantly froze.

I breathed heavily trying to catch my breath from the shock. Shit.

"FROST?! Are you ok?!" Nijel said coming over to the girl beside me as she just stood there staring at me.. her fringe covered her eyes a bit .. I couldn't make out even the tiniest detail about her face.

But there's just something about her that made me want to .. hug her.

Am i becoming a weirdo?

I watched as she held her hand infront of me. I stared at it realizing that i fell from the shock earlier and still hadn't stood up.

I took her hand as she pulled me up instantly with ease.

"Woah..Your burns are all healed already" nijel stated as he examined the girl's arm that's a tad bit whiter from where it was burnt.

I wonder what's under that bandana..

SNOW's POV.

"Im alright Nijel " i said my voice coming out hoarse from not speaking for too long.

"Whew.. we really though lewis ate you all along ya know... im glad your back" he said patting my shoulders.

I glanced at ray as violet shook him cause he seemed shaken up.

"R-right! Im sorry.. i was suppose to be a look out.. i zoned out a bit." He said to violet.

She just shrugged at him laughing a bit.

"You should go take a rest I'll go take over." She said patting his shoulder.

I felt a pang in my heart for some reason.

I should go reveal myself now right?.. why am i even hesitating?!

As i was about to make my way to him i stopped as the device placed on my ear buzzed continuously.

I walked away from them as i pressed it to answer norman's call.

"What's up?" I asked trying to sound casually even tho my voice is hoarse.

"What happened to your voice?" He asked me being wary that maybe it wasn't me.

I didn't get sick often back at grace field so it may sound new to him for my voice to be like this. I chuckled as i answered him.

"Ive been sleeping continuously for two days i haven't talked ok?" I said rolling my eyes.

"Have you found them?" He asked.

"Yeah im with them already.." i answered glancing at the kids behind me.

"Lead them here then.. what about our siblings? Emma? Ray?" He asked me.

I shook my head even tho he couldn't see me.

"Im not leading them there yet norman.. it could endanger the children you've managed to gather there.. emma and ray are ok.. well emma's injured but she's going to be ok... dont worry i have a plan.." i explained to him.

"I- i need your help snow... i ordered cislo and barbara to gather supplies at mass production no.5 .. i lost contact of them since yesterday.. is it too much t-to a-ask you to-" he stuttered.

Geez he really didn't like asking for favors .. i giggled a bit. I mean i tried.

"Dont worry.. im closest to mass production farm no. 5 .. I'll go get them.." i said .

I need to lessen the weight his trying to shoulder.

"But what about your plan? What's your plan snow?" He asked worried that it could break my plan if i leave.

"They should be heading to the underground cabin.. I'll just let them live there for now since we cant afford for the enemy to find any trail leading to you guys.." i said stopping as he asked me .

"Does emma and ray know you're alive yet?"

"Emma should be at the cabin by now.. and ray.. he doesn't know yet.." i said glancing as the dark haired boy as he sat under the tree.

"I think it's best if he doesn't know for now snow.." he said to which my ears perked up.

"W-what do you mean?"