Chapter 15 |•|freeze you.

Ray's pov.

I haven't given up yet.

Snow died.. norman died. Emma's not responding to anyone. She's dead inside just like me. They tried to talk to me .. emma, gilda and don.

They still wanted me to come and plan the escape. They still think there's hope...but i know there isn't. Its already been a month since norman left .. only three weeks before my birthday.

"Im sorry guys but im out.. we'll all die in this place." I said smiling sadly at emma and the other two.They sadly looked at me before sighing deeply.

Snow.. i guess we'll meet again sooner than what you expected.

I had plans of my own. I've been preparing for this my whole life. I've been waiting for that moment for six agonizing years. Six years of watching my family slowly getting shipped out.

Im sure if snow was alive she'd want to freeze me up like she always says. I smiled a little at the memory..

"Wow ray your abnormally quiet today.. if only i could freeze you to stay like that" she mockingly said after catching me into a trap she made in the woods. She tied me up and tied a towel over my mouth.

I annoyingly tried to scream at her but to no avail it was useless. She laughed at my squirming to which i sweat dropped.

"Ray!! How dare you! I'll freeze you up!" She screamed as she threw snowballs at me while i ran away from her.

"Its just a stupid snowman!! I'll make you a better one!" I screamed down at her from up the tree while she continue to throw snowballs at me.

Her nose and cheeks were red from the coldness and frustration. She crouched down to make a big snowball. She stood up and leaned back to throw it but when she was going to throw it she tripped. She shrieked as she fell face down the snow. My eyes widened. I hurriedly went down and crouched next to her to check up on her.

"Hey? You ok??-WOAH!?" i screamed as she suddenly stood up to tackle me to the ground.

"I got you!" She screamed giggling a little as we both laughed.

She was always there to make me feel alive..to make me forget about the demons and about our fate... and now that she's gone.. i feel like dying.

But im not dying in the hands of those demons. I'll rather die alone with my own hands...and I'll make use of my plans to get them out of here. I know emma. I know she hasn't given up yet. I hope she already has plans of her own.

Three weeks later

Mama seems delighted as she announced my leaving earlier at dinner.she watched both emma and i for the pass two months and she seems assured that we have all lost hope of escaping.

I stayed at the library everyday seeming depressed... because i am. While emma was always under the tree. Phil and the others tried talking to her but she seemed to never response.

I sat down one of the chair inside the dining hall . My box of litters of gas rested on the table beside me as i awaited for her.

The door opened and emma walked in with her crutches. I smiled at her as she stand infront of me.

"You haven't given up right?" I asked her.

"Yeah Everyone's ready to go anytime... we'll leave tomorrow while playing before they could ship you out-"

"Let's leave tonight instead...we'll set the house on fire.. could you do it? Is your leg even well yet?" I asked her as i open the box showing her a lot of gas.

"Yep" she said letting go of the crutches and stomping her supposedly broken foot.

"Then lets get started" i said as i stood up grabbing one of the cans , littering the floor with gas. I poured each and everyone of it until one is left.

"But ray.. what if mama focused on keeping us alive rather than putting the fire out?" She asked me . To that i smiled and turned to her grabbing the last can of gas.

"Ive thought of that.. so.." i poured the gas  all over my head down to my body . Emma gasped at me.

"Ray! What are you doing!?" She asked bewildered.

Im lighting my self up with the fire.. that way mama wont leave the house while they attempt to escape..that way they wont have a single bite off me.

"Isn't this great emma?! I never really liked to read but i had to be the best meat they could ever want! And when they thought they could have a taste of me .. I WONT LET THEM!" I screamed while emma stared wide eyes at me.

"Now let's start..."i said as i light up a match ready to lit up the fire that would destroy this house.

Third person's pov

Isabella had already finished attending to the babies and decided to stay awake inside her office. She was delighted that ray and emma had stop attempting to escape. Tomorrow ray would be shipped out.. her real son.

Even though she shouldn't be she just couldn't put her guard down for any possibilities of the shipment failing tomorrow so she opted to stay awake.

But her ears perked up to a sound. She stopped writing on her desk and instead listened carefully . A few minutes passed and she relaxed . She sighed closing her eyes.

"RAYYYY?!!!" she jolted at the sound.