Chapter 16 |•|the escape

Third person's pov.

She quickly stood up and ran to where she heard the continues screaming that seemed to come from.. emma?

She stopped at the door thinking that this may be a trap since its ray and emma but she covered her nose to the foul smell.. of a burning body. Her eyes widened. She quickly opened the door to see emma on the floor shouting at the wild fire .

"RAAAAYYYYYY!!" Emma screamed as she cried.

Isabela was dumbfounded.

He set himself on fire?

She thought that maybe it was part of their plan.. maybe their escape was kept too hidden from her . She opened her device and panicked as she saw the two red dots inside the dining hall .. indicating emma near the door.. and ray in the middle of the room.. burning.

She hurriedly took the fire extinguisher and sprayed it around..if i could save even just the brain!...she thought as she pressed the extinguisher but to no avail it was broken. Her eyes widened as she threw it away. She looked up the ceiling realizing that the sprinklers were also broken. Was it ray? Did he wreck the sprinklers and fire extinguishers? Was this his plan all along?.

"Emma! You should go outside and-" she stopped as she realize that emma was gone.. so this was their plan? But ray was in the middle of the room

She quickly pulled her device out only to sigh in relief as a dot was seen nearby to the sinks. She quickly went there and looked around.. but there was no one.
She went at the exact place that the device indicates where emma should be.

But there was only a bucket. She had a bad feeling about this. She moved it aside and her eyes went wider in shock as she picked up an ear as blood dripped off it.

She quickly ran to her office as realization hit her.. this is an escape. She scurried over to the bookshelves moving it to the side to reveal her hidden room. She needs to contact the people from the headquarters and report the escape. But she froze as she tries to enter her keys. The lock has been jammed and cant be opened.

The ravenette stared at his siblings as they all slid down the rope to the other side of the cliff.

It made him feel like norman was with them.. just come and I'll show you something amazing.. ray smiled as he felt that if norman was there he'd be wearing a smug smile at him.

Earlier...

"Nice catch eh?" Emma said to ray as she caught the match before it set the room to a blaze.

"Emma!?" Ray was confused.. i mean. He knew she didn't want him to die. But at the same time he thought she'd think he wouldn't do it for real.. so that she'd have no time to even catch it. Its like she knew what he was planning all along.

Emma came close to ray digging something up from her pockets handing him a letter. He irritatingly accepted it and read what's inside. His eyes softened upon seeing the familiar writing.

RAY's POV

" dearest idiot,
If your reading this.. don't you dare die out of stupidity... i know your plans ray..I've placed all the pieces together after knowing the truth and seeing you place all those oil under our beds every few months..so don't die you stupid hedgehog!Cause if you do, I'll personally make sure to make you regret it.
Smile ray :> . I know that you fucking miss me you little sourpuss. Just admit it hahaha.
Escape for me .. live your life with happiness. Live longer than I'll ever live.. live my life for me ray.. :>
I'll protect you guys.. im always around to make sure you all make it alive..

We'll meet again ray.. and even though id like to see you early.. i hope not so soon.

Love,
Sugar head <3"

I felt my eyes glossed up a bit but i snorted upon reading the mocking name i gave her sugar head . I traced my finger on the name smiling upon seeing the heart she always puts at the end of almost everything she writes.

"I wouldn't want her to hunt me if we let you die you know.." emma said placing a hand on my shoulder.." also, norman wanted me to tell you this." She said before coming close." .. just come and I'll show you something amazing" she said before a knock was heard from the door. I tensed up a bit. Have we been caught?

I loosened up as thoma and lannion came in with various of meats,a shirt and pigtails?

I gasped a bit.

"Those braided pigtails...." i trailed off as i pointed at it.

"Anna gave it.. this would make the foul smell so that mom would think you're really burning.. now let's take that tracker out of you" emma explained before coming close to me.

"Now .. lets begin norman" emma stated as she dropped the match.

Me,lanion and thoma headed to the forest and to my surprise all the kids 5 years old and up were already here.. wearing bags of supplies and ropes and other things.. they really are prepared.

Norman .. you're already gone but you were able to pull this off huh?

After a few moments gilda came... apparently she was the one left there who assisted the kids and babies outside so they wouldn't be caught on fire.

Minutes passed and finally emma came with a bandage neatly placed on her ear.did she... ripped it off?

"Thanks for waiting.. let's go!" Emma said as we all started climbing the wall.. they're all so fast.. this whole time... they trained for this.

Present...

I smiled.. this was something we wouldn't see every day right? Norman.

Looks like you made one of her wishes come true since you couldn't fulfill the second one huh?

I turned to jemima as her legs quivered while she hesitated to slide down the rope. I came up to her and carried her.

"Let's slide down together... emma! Can you tie us together with this rope?" I asked her .. she smiled nodding her head .

"Dont tell me you guys are afraid?" I asked lannion and thoma mockingly to which they both shook their head no, showing off their imaginary muscles.

I just smiled at them before grabbing tightly on the hanger as we both quickly slid down to the other side. After thoma and lannion finally slid down we watched in horror a mama arrived . She begged emma to stay.

"Goodbye mama" emma said as she slid down. We all quickly cut the rope before heading inside the forest.. running away from what once we called home.