Chapter 14 |•|she died

Snow's pov.

It's already been a month.

"You sure you dont want me to come with you?" Oliver asked as he handed me my bag of supplies.

I giggled softly at his stubbornness as i placed one of the guns on the strap at the side of my thigh.

I wore the mossy green jacket that nijel gave me on my first day here. Gillian also offered me a few of her black sleeveless shirts to which im thankful of since it made it easier for me to move around.

I wore shorts that reached just an inch below my butt. Oliver was kinda against it for some reason but i was more comfy to move around and it also made it easier to place the straps where i placed my guns around my thighs.

I tuck the loose strands of my now short white hair behind my ears. I cut it off last night.. i feel like my waist long hair could get away with fighting.

My hair now reached just above my shoulder with the fringe parted in the middle moved slightly to the side.
It was a whole new look for me .. sometimes it made me feel like a whole different person.

But I'm still snow.. i have a lot to do.

"Dont worry oliver! Those maps you gave me would come in pretty handy! Thank youu" i said as i hug him goodbye.

We were inside my room as i prepared for my escape. Lucas already gave me the pathway were his friend yuugo was able to escape to. But upon exploring the place there was also a long way around through the tunnels below... and that's where im heading.

"Do you even have a plan yet? Where you'll be searching first?" He asked me as i stood up from sitting on my bed.

"Yup!" I said as i sat down on the floor to wear my shoes.

"Where exactly are you heading first?" He asked as he crouched down infront of me with worried eyes.

We've really been close for the past month and it felt good to have a family.

"Lambda.." i said as i finished wearing my shoes.

"The plantation where you were experimented on.." he stated blankly in shock.

"Lucas told me that they got the pen from one of william minerva's allies posing as workers on their farm... william minerva might have an ally at lambda and i need to get a pen from him.." i told him as i stood up.

He spreads his arm wide as if asking for a hug so i rolled my eyes playfully before hugging him.

"Be careful out there frost.." he said calling me by my nickname .

We went outside to head to the underground passageway.

In a few hours the music will play again and while everyone is having a ruckus with the hunting i should make my way out of goldy pond to escape.

The passageway is inside the forest under the roots of a big tree.

"Goodbye frost.. comeback soon please we'll miss you!" Olive said as she hugged me along with the other younger kids.

I smiled and hugged them back tightly.

"Be safe while im gone ok? I'll comeback for you i promise" i told them as i let go.

I stood up and stared at nijel and the others. I've already said goodbye to lucas whose hiding inside the windmill. I hugged them all and smiled at them with determination written all over my face.

"Goodluck out there.. oliver's going to miss you" nijel said to which he was knocked on the head by oliver.

I sweat dropped a bit at them before laughing.

I waved goodbye before heading to the woods running fast to the passageway. As i arrived i heard the music played once more before i slipped inside . I placed a wrong foot and shrieked as i fell down scrapping a big piece of my black sleeveless shirt off.

I bled a little .. ok maybe a lot but my ice numbed body made it easier to numb the pain and stop the bleeding fastly so i quickly tore my shirt off leaving me wearing a sports bra. It was fairly enough to cover my body. I finished attending to the wound on my belly wipping the blood of with my discarded shirt. I simply left the shirt by the roots of the tree to make it seem like i was dead .. this way the demons wont look for me.

I hope they blame one of whiney face's servants.. he tormented a lot of the kids.

I simply shrugged and continued my journey to outside.

These tunnels connected to the 'cave like' tunnels of dead trees from outside. Lucas said that the trees here were alive and they feed on the animals lurking around. They eat them from below thus creating this tunnels.

If i follow this right id be able to head near lambda without no trouble.

Third person's view.

"Dont worry we've hunted enough for today.. instead head back and show this to  your friends ok?" Lewis -one of the demons- said to olive as she trembled.

She was cornered by the demon . She had no where else to go . But she was lucky . He needed her to give the news to the other kids.

She trembled tremendously as she reached her hands out to where lewis placed a shirt filled with blood.

Olive's eyes widened at the all too familiar shirt. It was frost's shirt. Snow whom they all called frost that saved her for the past month. She supposedly should have escaped already. But from the looks of it looks like archduke lewis has already eaten her.

She cried as the music played again and the demons was gone. She was heartbroken . She taught that frost was not going to get caught. She ran back to the others as they all were being treated by zack and oliver.

"O-OLIVER!!" she screamed as she cried arriving at the center of the village. Everyone stared at her while she ran to oliver hugging something bloody to her chest.

She was in hysterical as oliver checked her body for serious injuries but despite the blood and scratches there were none.

She sniffed as she handed oliver the black bloody ripped shirt. Oliver wasnt feeling good from the moment olive arrived crying hysterically. He felt something wrong happened. But at the back of his head he felt alright..

He examined the shirt and instantly froze to the realization..it was snow's shirt..
Covered with blood.

She died

That was what came into his mind at the moment..

Tears fell as he sobbed to which the other teens realized and came over to check what was going on. They all had stopped upon seeing the shirt.

It made them feel like hope was fluttering away from them... but they remembered her words drilled into their heads.

Never ever.. lose to the demons.