Chapter 11 |•| an escapee?

Snow's pov.

"This place is owned by mister baron.. its a secret hunting ground for him and the four other monsters " oliver further explained as we walked to the windmill .. he said he wanted me to meet someone.

As we entered the windmill the first person i saw was that big guy I arrived here with.

"Oh heyyy.. your still alive huh?" I said jokingly.. but he just stared at me.. hm well that's rude. I sweat dropped a bit while he just stared at me.

"Dont bother.. we tried talking to him but he seemed to never understand us" oliver told me before holding my hand to pull me to the door but he immediately let go of my hand.

"Woah! Your hand.. are you ok?!" He said panickly checking my forehead for my temperature.I looked at him confused.. i knew he was a weirdo but not to this extent.

"What's wrong with my hand?" I said staring at it.... ohh maybe i accidentally let a few frost out when he held it.. self defense i guess?

"You're freezing!" He said holding my arms as frost covered the entirety of it. I just shrugged it off tho rubbing it off with the heat from my other arm... i seem numbed with the coldness and hotness of my body.

"Nah im fineee" i said shrugging it off with a carefree face. " so let's go meet himmm" i said eagerly at him.

I wonder what kind of person he is?

He worriedly stared at me while he opened the door and guided me in. Inside were children of different ages but either way i think they're all either my age or older than me.

"Its you!" One of the girls shouted pointing at me.

"You know her?" Oliver asked the girl.. she seems to be my age.

"Yeah i saw her back in the woods carrying and hiding a few of the children.." she said with disbelief at me.

"She was?" The boy scrutinizing a few guns asked as he looked away from his work.

I smiled sweetly at them raising my hand to wave at them.

"You seem like your not even afraid of those monsters..." she said still in disbelief. I watched as her eyes widen a bit as if realizing something. "... oh! My name's violet! What's yours?" She said coming up to me and reaching her hand out to me.

I smiled widely at her shaking my arms a bit to get rid of the frost before holding her arms and shaking it. Im glad to meet more friends here.

"My name's snow, it's nice to meet you!." I said shortly before letting go of her hand.

"Oh! He's here! Lucas id like you to meet snow!" Oliver said as he tugged me once more to the guy standing at the other door at the other side of the room.

I was about to smile but i froze in my tracks as i stared at the guy in front of me.

"A-an adult.." i whispered.

They stared at my reaction confusedly. A few minutes of silence passed as i glared at the guy. This cant be real.. there's an adult here too? And now that he knows im here it may become harder to get the kids out .. specially oliver and his gang since they seemed to trust this adult.

"Snow dont worry! Lucas is our savior and most importantly our ally!" The boy from before said assuring me.

Savior? Ally? Im fucking confused
0_____O

"What do you mean?.. he's an adult .. adults are allies of those demons.. just like mama" i said as the last phrase was almost unheard.

"Wait.. you know...dont you?" The adult said in disbelief . I just stared at him warily as he slowly sat down at one of the chairs.

"What exactly?" I asked him confusedly.

"The truth about the orphanage and plantations?" He asked once again.

"That we were all raised to be eaten? That the adults were all allies of the demons? That there are really no 'new home' or foster parents? That we were all just cattle children.." i said smiling sadly.

They all looked at me with disbelief from all i know.

"Who exactly are you? Mr lucas?" I asked him . Is he a traitor from the demon's side? Is he here to help the children escape?

"Just call me lucas.. im an escapee from 13 years ago" he said as he smiled softly at me reaching his arms out for me to shake.

My eyes widened at what he said.. an escapee? So he is an ally! I cant believe this! So it's possible to escape the plantations.. i knew it. Emma.. everyone. You can do this!.

My eyes shone with hope as i came closer to him shaking his hands with delight.. i feel like tearing up a bit tho.. hehe.

"Come snow.. i have something to show you" he said as he stood up carefully.. that's when i noticed that one of his arms.. was missing.

We went underground hidden from the demons as he said and that's when he told me how he got here and what the outside world is like.. something the cattle children up above didn't know.

"Outside is a very dangerous place snow.. there are demons freely living their lives out inside the forest." He stated as we walk.

So we actually cant live freely outside after all. I knew it .. as what ray told the three of us back in the grace field woods.

If farms for human meat were created for the demons that can only mean that the outside world could be full of them. That's why i always wonder..

"Lucas? What happened to humanity this past 15 years?" I asked him. All the books that i read in the grace-field house was published as early as 2015... 15 years ago.. since that books there wasn't a single book published in 2016 and so on. I wonder what happened 15 years ago.

"Im not sure snow but from what we've come across outside .. the world seemed to be like this for a very long time..but we do have an ally out there" he stated as we come across a door at the end of the tunnel like cave under ground.

"What's behind this door?"