Chapter 13 |•| Bullseye!

Snow's pov.

"W-what kind of experiments?" Gillian's voice wavered as she reached to touch my arm.

I breathed out a little leaving a fog of cold air out of my mouth. Frost continuously covered my arm as i make an attempt to shake them off.

"Do you feel cold?" Nijel ask me offering me one of the spare jackets they have. I shook my head no but still accepted the mossy green jacket.

I slipped my arms into the jacket. It was a tad big reaching my mid thighs. I didn't zipped the zipper up since i didnt want the cold and hotness radiating off my body to be trapped inside the jacket.

"You're literally freezing are you sure you're not cold?" Gillian asked worriedly as she placed her hand on top of my shoulder.

"I feel really numbed when it comes to it to be honest" i told them smiling.

"Its settled then.." lucas stated at he carefully stood up beaming a sad smile at me.. we all waited what he was going to say as we were all confused about what he said. ".. we'll help you escape to find someone who has a pen." He said.

A series of gasp was heard from the three other kids inside the room. I smiled at Lucas thankful that he finally agreed.

"But lucas Its dangerous for her to travel alone" oliver said opposing the idea of letting me do it alone.

"That's why she wont go right away.. instead she'll stay for a month and train with the rest of you.. " he said as he placed his hand on top of my shoulder with determination in his eyes. "..we'll teach her everything that I've taught you for the past years... teach her how to survive here in goldy pond and also how to survive outside." Lucas stated.

So that's why he's been quiet fo the past few minutes -.-

"You can count on me guys!.. I'll find a pen and make sure no child will ever be hunted here at goldy pond!" I said my voice laced with determination as i looked at them.

"Ok then! Let's go train before those monsters show up!" Nijel said pumping his fist up the air.

Well looks like someone's pumped up huh?

I giggled before nodding my head in agreement as i followed them outside..

"The demons.. how often do they come?" I asked oliver as he guided me to the woods where gunshots were heard.

"Every three days .. they stay for 15 mins then leaves" he answered shortly.. is he upset? He seems to be.

"Are you feeling ok?" I asked him as i easily caught up to his pace.. he seem to walk faster.. he's not fucking trying to make it 'hard' for me right? cause if he is then he's doing very bad job at it.

"Heyyyyy im talking to youu" I annoyingly said as i poke his cheeks with a finger.

"Stop it" he simply said stopping in his tracks and grabbing my hand.. what's his shitty problem?!

"What's wrong with you? You've been so quiet and been such a sourpuss since we left the windmill." I asked yanking my arm easily from him as i crossed my arms together looking sternly at him.

He then stared back with the same intensity until he gave up and frustratingly ruffled his hair.

"Ugh! Do you really have to go alone?! What if you die out there? Your going to throw you life away for nothing!" He said frustratingly.

I was surprised at his reaction...so he's just worried then? I smiled at the thought.

"Its not for nothing.. its the only way to get you guys out of here with a secured safe future! And if throwing my life out there can be the way to get all this kids away from this stupid place then yes! I'll happily throw my life away!" I said staring at him.

He stared back at me furrowing his eyes brows until he breathed out and smiled softly at me.

"Fine then.. im sorry for being like that earlier" he said rubbing the back of his neck .

"For being a sourpuss?" I asked mockingly.

"Yeah for being a sourpuss" he said sarcastically .. rolling his eyes playfully as we continued to head to their training ground hidden inside the woods.

"Where'd you get all this guns and bows and arrows and just everything we could use to attack them" i asked in awe as i examined every weapon they had .

Its amazing to see all of this in person than just reading and looking at pictures inside a book.

"These are toys given by mr bayon.. he wanted us to also fight back.. we didn't want them to find out that we knew how to use these so instead we just did our best to run away so that they wouldn't suspect us" zack explained as he took one of the guns and started shooting the target.

"That only means this things wouldn't affect them that much then... we should try making much better ones using the parts from this guns" i suggested as i continue examining.

"Right ahead of you! Im already creating ones back at the windmill you should check it out later!" Nigel said as he tried to hit the bullseye.

"Come on snow! I'll teach you how to shoot!" Oliver said as he handed me one of the lighter guns.

I nodded and followed him.

Everyone already headed back at the village to attend to the children while i stayed here training.

I was already used to the guns after practicing. I already practiced on the demon earlier while they're hunting us so it was very easy to get a grasp on it while oliver was teaching me.

But i opted to a bow and arrow when they all left . I think it would be of much benefit for me since guns would cause too much attention to me once im outside and i will also have limited bullets .. I guess I'll only need a it when im in emergency.

My hold on the bow was wobbly at first but i used my head. All that reading back at the library came in use right now ^_^.
A series of arrows are seen all over the trees that surrounded me. You can say that learning by yourself doesn't usually go right the first time hehe.

Welp im no perfect piece of snack to be able to do it right away right? ^__^*

But i sure am a snack hihi.

I breathed in slowly as i placed the arrow and pulled the string of my bow. I looked sternly at the bullseye of my round wooden target filled with bullet holes from before and scattered arrows.
I breathed in once more before letting go of my grip on the arrow . I watched with focus as it reached the target... landing on the .... BULLSEYE!!!

"AHA! I did ittt!!" I said jumping up and down excitedly.

I smiled.. im getting more pumped up rather than getting tired.

I'll make it.. I'll survive and meet you again.

Ray..