Chapter 2 |•| the truth

The song above will be mentioned and can be played along while readingg ^_^
Snow's pov

"Snow"
I turned around.

"Mama?" Im busted.. oh no..
The supply room is actually Usually locked hehe.

"Snow how did you opened this room darling?" She said smiling sweetly at me crouching to my height patting my shoulder.

"eh~ promise you wont get mad?" I asked her rubbing the back of my neck from the embarrassment of getting caught.

"I promise " she said smiling at me.

"Shaina taught me how to open it before she was adopted!" I told her.

Shaina was one of the old kids before. She was adopted when i turned 8 .Mama only smiled at me more before standing up.she ruffled my hair softly.

"Go to the dining hall.. " she said before leaving me .

I confusely looked at her back while she walked away.

Why the dining hall tho? I just shrugged and headed there anyway. When i entered the dining hall i looked around and noticed something on the corner of my eyes.

The piano!
I ran up to it and sat down. The songs that i learned and wrote where neatly placed on top of it.. thank you mama *^*.

I started warming up . I placed my feet to the pedals below . My hands glided to the piano keys pressing here and there creating the sweet sounds of my favorite piece ..river flows in you . I hummed along after that piece i continued playing a few more songs.

Singing a few .

I didnt notice the hour passing by. Its like ive been immersed into it like usual.It was already almost time for dinner but i was still playing some songs.

"Woahh!" I stopped .

What the?

"Shhhhh! Sherryy!" I turned around to see all of them. And i meant ALL of them exactly 38 of my siblings including mama who's been smiling. They're eyes widen upon seeing me looking at them like they've been caught doing something bad.

"Againn!!" One of the 3 year olds shouted clapping her hands and everyone started shouting and pleading for another song.

My face turned red again for the hundredth time today. I stood up smiling shyly at them softly fiddling with my fingers.

I glanced at ray who seemed to look happy for me.. i waved at him and smiled. He smiled back softly giving me a thumbs up.Our relationship is pretty weird to be honest but from what i read its kinda like a love-hate relationship.

"That's enough children its time for dinner.. snow go on and help emma and the others to get ready." Mama said to me shooing everyone away. And for once i am very thankful she did.

"Im gonna miss everyone of you! I promise to send a lot of letters!" Everyone was sad of conny's little speech inside our room. Everyone has already taken a bath and are all ready to sleep in an hour or two. Conny's almost leaving too.

It kinda crushed me a little.. she wanted to be a mother who wouldn't leave her child . It made me wonder if my real mom actually had a good reason to give me away like this.

Im praying that they'd forget about the piano thing before she leaves but at the same time id like to give conny a goodbye gift .

"Snow? Could you play me one of your songs?" Conny said.

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at her.

"Id really love it if you sing me one before i leave.. i like listening to them from outside the door every afternoon. I think its one of the things that Im gonna miss alot " she said.

I was beyond shock .. so she always stayed to listen to me playing? I smiled at her sweetly.. im gonna miss her so much.. she's like my real little sister.

"Ok.. which one would you like?" I asked carrying her.

"The one you sang yesterday! I really liked that one! Its my favorite!" She said excitedly. My eyes widened a bit before smiling.

"I liked that one too" i said smiling at her.

We walked to the dining hall . I sat her on top of the piano while she's hugging her little bunny Before sitting down.

Everybody sat around. I looked at emma and norman smiling at me . I turned and saw ray leaning on the frame of the door crossing his arms. He wasn't just looking at me. He was also looking at conny . His eyes are saying so much things that I couldn't comprehend.

He's always like that everytime someone's leaving.

I heaved a heavy breath before pressing the keys and started singing...

"Im coming home
Im coming home
Tell the world im coming home
Let the rain wash away all the pain of yesterday
I know my kingdom awaits and they've forgave my mistakes.."

The song ended. Conny jumped from the piano hugging me. I almost cried . We were close although i couldn't come to level with don when it comes to her.

Mama came in ...

"Goodbye everyone! Im gonna miss you!" Conny said before she turned around with mama.

The moment the door closed everybody was lead to their beds so that they could sleep. When emma gilda and i were done attending to the babies we went downstairs.

"CONNYY?!?" Huh?

I hurriedly went to where emma is .. im partly hoping that conny didn't actually left.

When i got there ray gilda and norman was already there.

"I saw the lights from the gates where still open if you run i think you'd make it" ray said to norman and emma.

"Yeah! Lets go now! Conny wont be able to sleep without her bunny!!" I said panicking.

"W-wha?! Snow?! Just stay here let them do it.. two is already enough anyway!" Ray said grabbing my arms. He looked me sternly in the eyes as if saying dont go.

What's the matter with him?

"Im the fastest runner here rayy so i think we'd make it if i come~ come on you guys we could still see conny if we hurry!!" I said excitedly running to the door.

Norman picked the lock then opened the door.. we'd just apologize to mom later if she caught us.

We're forbidden to go near the gates anyway..

"I wonder if they already left?" I asked myself as we explore the place.

"Nah the vehicle is still here.. its my first time seeing one" emma said.

"I think we should just leave little bunny here so they'd see it and send it to conny." Emma said moving to the back of the car opening it.

THUD!

I turned to emma who looked.. bewildered? Afraid? Whaa?

I looked down as little bunny was on the floor..what the hell? Conny wouldn't like it if it got dirt all over it.

"Norman..s-snow.." she said trembling not taking her eyes away the car. What is wrong with her?..

I stepped close to her and looked at what she was staring at.

My eyes widened.. my heartbeat stopped and I trembled in fear at what i saw.. N-no way.. this cant b-be rea-l right?!