Chapter 17 |•|exiled?

Snow's pov.

Its been three days of walking along the tunnels of the forest and everything seems to go smoothly.

From what I've calculated it should take me at-least 15 days more before i could arrive at lambda. But i lack information. I dont even have a map or layout of the place.. i only know a part of it. But there should be a sewer below it.. and that's what im using to get in. And if matters get worst then.. I'll destroy lambda and free all the kids... I'll let them stay hidden at goldy pond then try to threaten someone to give me a pen i guess. I know it's a stupid plan. But ill make a better one on my way there. At least i have a grasp on what i should do.

Today would be my last day walking around this tunnels .. after that.. I'll need to travel through the forest.

I practiced how i would erase any trace of my existence back at goldy pond . Having lucas as your teacher makes everything easier to be honest.

Being hidden and unseen was a piece of cake. I've done that a lot of times at grace field. Even mama couldn't find me easily.

I raised the hood of my jacket to my head to cover my face as i saw the light from above the big roots of a tree. Welp. Entered by a tree and exited by a tree i guess.

I raised the black bandana tied to my neck over half my face to cover it. It'll be hard if someone spotted a human cattle freely walking around.. a precious merchandise even.

I observed my surrounding and listened . Nothing. There was nothing but I didn't blew a sigh of relief off . I couldn't bring my guard down. The trees had long thick branches. The forest was dense so the trees were huddled closely together.

I opted to climb the trees and walk through branches to branches. It was easy to stay out of sight with my jacket's color similar to the leaves. I stopped as i looked down . A demon . Walking on all fours as it walked alone. I looked and listened around but looks like it strayed away from its group...

Time to practice i guess..

I took my bow placing a hand over it as if im already holding an arrow. I concentrated the coldness from my hand as it traveled out and formed a sturdy icicle . Pointed and sharp. It was the perfect arrow.

I waited for the monster to turn my way and when a few minutes of getting impatient came i let out a whistle...and it finally turned my way instantly running to get me.

I wasn't panicking at all. With ease i let go of the arrow . I watched as the demon fell to the ground dead. The arrow should melt after a few hours of dissolving into his dead body.

No one would suspect because there's no weapon found... perfect.

I continued to travel through the terrain for the next two days and as for Lucas' words i avoided going near the river.

I slept inside the holes of the trees when i come across ones but i was sometimes unlucky enough that i didnt sleep at night. I cant let my guard down.

I didn't avoid the demons i came across with unlike what lucas suggested me to do.

I stared down as a demon walked below me.

I jumped down its back and immediately let out the coldness from my other arm. The demon shrieked a bit before it froze to death. I still had to destroy it's core. But i opted to just let it go.

It didn't attacked me anyway.. I'll just let him freeze to death.

Its already been 15 days but im still a bit far ahead from lambda . I had to make a far detour after crossing over a nest of swarming demons. I still had a long way to go so i have to make sure to not use my guns.i haven't killed anything to eat but instead ate the supplies i took with me.

I hummed quietly to a birthday tune as i walked from trees to trees. It's already your birthday ray..i hope by now you've all finally escaped.

I stopped and hid behind the tree as i heard clashing and voices.

"Sung joo!!" I heard a female voice scream as i peeped out to see demons. They're not wild ones that I've encountered everyday.

There were 12 of them.. ten wore armor like clothes as if they're guards while the other two wore hoods . There was. Female and a man who i assumed was sung joo. Sung joo had one of his foot ripped off as it slowly regenerates. One of the guards held the female while the other was holding what seems to be sung joo's weapon.

But what took my breath away was the number of demon guards that littered the ground.. there were almost fifty. Did sung joo did that? Cause if he did damn his unlucky to even get caught

"You are to be exiled for having the evil blood and for running away!" The other guard stated as they removed the female's mask ready to strike down.

"No! Musica!" Sung joo shouted as he tried to stand up but were held by the guards.

I almost mistook them as humans.. they look so much like humans..

I quickly but quietly jumped down the ground placing my palms down to the earth releasing the coldness trapped inside my body for the last 3 days. Ice covered the ground freezing the dead bodies but also the bodies of the ten guards up to their necks.

"W-What's happening?!!" The guard holding musica shouted as he tried to move.

I quickly went to grab musica and pull her away from him.

"Are you ok?" I asked her . She just nodded before turning to sung joo and attending to his injuries.

I turned back to the guards as they tried to move but it was of no use. They cant escape my ice.

The heat from my other arm has been restless for a few days now... should i let it loose then??

"Who are you to do this to the royal guards!" One of them shouted at me.

To this i just smiled and came close placing my palm to his mask as he tried to move away.

"Have you had a taste of human meat?" I asked him to which he scoffed and answered me.

"Obviously " he said with a bit of a laugh finding my question to be oddly laughable at.

That was the only answer i needed to make up my mind if I'll kill them or not.

"Well sorry then." I said as i released fire from my hands blowing his head off as it melted along with his core.

Gasp where heard from the rest.

"Well then... who's next?"