Todoroki Shouto: Secret and Forbidden

Hi, hello, I'm bored and took a break for a while from working on my six fanarts challenge so I am here!

This is actually a snippet from a Todoroki x reader that I planned to write a long time ago. Just decided to make this as. . . a teaser? Ahaha

Also, reader's quirk here is supposed to be different, but because this is a snippet, I won't be leaving a description this time >vO

But anywho, this is also a request from fionathebanana. Enjoy~

A Prince!Todoroki Shouto x Guard!Reader. Apparently, love doesn't choose statuses.

P.S. If a dialogue is in italic, that means they're speaking in a different language. Just so y'all wouldn't be confused.

><><><

You walked through the seemingly long and quiet palace hallways in quick strides, occasionally adjusting your shirt. Some of the guards on standby spared suspecting glances as you passed by them, but you paid them no mind. You could only think about the sun almost peaking at high noon, and the look on his face once he sees you.

The heels of your boots clicked loudly on the floor. Each step felt like the path was constantly getting longer and longer, what with the nerves you were feeling. Until finally, you stopped in front of the huge double doors leading to the throne room.

You stared up at the huge barricade, a bead of sweat dribbling down your cheek. You made sure to neaten out your clothing, adjusting it again a couple of times before you heaved a long breath. Tense fingers grasped the doorknob, pushing open.

The newly cleaned floor was the first thing you set your eyes on, going up to the set of stairs leading to the empty throne, then finally, to the bi-haired prince, seated at the elegant glass table beside the huge window. He seemed to be having a conversation with Princess Momo as they indulged in their tea and luxury of foods, a glaze of seriousness plastered on his face.

Just the thought of seeing the prince right there, in the middle of his royal duties quite possibly without a single thought of last night's event, was enough for you to fully compose yourself. Straightening your shoulders, you stepped forward onto your usual post.

Upon hearing the sound of your footsteps nearing, Prince Shouto and Princess Momo stopped their conversation, turning to you as you stopped right in front of the two.

"You're late," was what the prince first stated, narrowing his mismatched orbs at you.

You lowered yourself into a deep, apologetic bow.

"Forgive me," you said. "I overslept. It shall not happen again."

Prince Shouto only hummed, clicking his fingers as a signal for you to come to his side. As you stood next to him, he then resumed his talking to Princess Momo. You drowned out their conversation as you dazed off with your gaze focused outside, where a beautiful view of the royal gardens laid, like a breathtaking canvas painting.

In your mind, you wanted so badly to go back to your chambers and rest. Your body felt sore, especially from your hips to. . . down below. When you woke up, you expected that you'd be in your own room, and that everything that happened was just you having a rather. . . lewd dream. However, you awoke with the reality of laying in the prince's bed, in his chambers.

Your initial reaction was through your face flushing a deep red, almost as if blood would come gushing out of your nose anytime now. Once your eyes caught sight of the time on the wall clock, oh did you knew you were screwed. You frantically got dressed, almost having that urge to rip out the door from its hinges, if you hadn't grasped onto the fact that you were in the chambers of a royal descendant, and that guards were probably already posted outside.