Midoriya Izuku: As Night Falls

Hey there, I am alive. And back for a while ahaha~ 

It really has been a long time since I've gone back here in Wattpad. To sum up my reason, well, online class is shit and my life has been nothing but shit recently. But I am alright. I've changed quite a bit actually, with writing in particular due to the amount of essays and term paper I had to write in the past. And now, I return with yet another Midoriya oneshot!

Last week or so, I discovered the game At Dead of Night when my brother recommended me Markiplier's gameplay of it. I didn't play the game, but I did watch Marky's whole play. I was honestly really impressed with the overall game. It was a mix of 2D and 3D graphics and the story was really good. And as I was alone with my thoughts yesterday, this idea sprouted. 

Reader's quirk would be different here, and just like before, I will not be mentioning it. It is based off of an old OC I have though. Also, this story is an AU where Midoriya remained quirkless and became a detective. Well then, happy reading!

A Detective!Midoriya x Reader. A serious crime has been let loose recently, and it needs to stop no matter what. 

WARNING: There will be mentions of drug overdose and graphic descriptions of violence. Yes, this is angst af.

Additional key/s you need to remember: F/H/D = favorite hot drink

><><><

"And for today's breaking news, the infamous murderer  'The Puppeteer' has struck once again. Another victim by the name Satoshi Minato was discovered dead in his residence last night at around 11:45PM. The authorities had received a report from the neighbors around the area about an odd smell coming from Mr. Satoshi's home, and immediately rushed to the scene. Police are still undergoing investigation in the area and so far, they have not discovered any traces left by the culprit. More information after the break —"

You shut off the television and tossed the remote carelessly on the couch. A long sigh escaped your mouth, exhaustion evident in the sound despite it being early in the morning and you being in your house still. You never should've opened your TV in the first place. That news alone was enough of a reminder that you wouldn't be getting home in time later. Another headache-inducing day. 

Your eyes darted to the clock perched on your kitchen counter just as you had finished buttoning up your dress shirt. As you registered the time, your body immediately straightened up in alarm.

"Shit, I'm late!" you exclaimed. You hastened to snatch your coat from your bedroom. You picked up your keys, bag and phone, slipped on your shoes, then rushed out of your apartment and into the already busy streets. 

><><><

"(L/N), you're late again!" the voice of your boss Chief Masahiro, was enough to shake you fully awake just as you were stepping into the office. Your hair was already a mess as you had to battle out with the crowded trains and your bag was almost slipping off your shoulders. Chief Masahiro eyed you down with quite a glare, the furrow on his brows wrinkling his old face. You lowered into a deep bow.