I Was A Fool

Song: I Was A Fool - Tegan and Sara
_________________

Kellin

It was karaoke night at the local café Vic and I used to go to on dates. We ended up breaking up because we just couldn't be together anymore. We couldn't stand each other anymore. I loved him, yet I hated him. I was completely surprised when he performed. Finally it was my turn to go up and sing.

I walked up stage and stood waiting as they gave me the okay to start. Once the DJ nodded at me I nodded back.

"Um...my name is Kellin, and I'll be singing 'I Was A Fool' by Tegan and Sars. Just in one of those moods. So yeah." I said. I looked around at the audience as I waited for the song to start, when my eyes caught sight of him. Vic. I think he knew I was singing this about him. I started singing as soon as I had to, keeping my eyes on Vic.

'Do you remember I searched you out
How I climbed your city’s walls?
Do you remember me as devout
How I prayed for your calls?

I stood still is what I did
Love like ours is never fixed

I stuck around
I did behave
I saved you every time
I was a fool for love
I  was a fool for love
I was a fool
I was a fool

Then you blamed me and blocked me out
How long did you think I’d last?
Then you disappeared for weeks to pout
How many times could I pack?

But stand still is all I did
Love like ours is never fixed

Still I stuck around
I did behave
I saved you every time
I was a fool for love
I was a fool
I was a fool

If you’re worried that I might've changed
Left behind all of my foolish ways
You best be looking for somebody else
Without a foolish heart, a foolish heart

But stand still is all we did
Love like ours is never fixed

I stuck around
I did behave
I saved you every time
I was a fool for love
I was a fool
I was a fool
I was a fool
I was a fool
I was a fool'

I stopped as soon as the song was over. I teared my gaze from Vic and walked off stage. I went to my table in the back and drank my coffee as I watched the other people sing. The sight of Vic still etched in my mind. This went on til about 10 when it was over. I got up and grabbed my jacket, slipping it on. When it was on, I turned around to see Vic standing in front of me.

His face held pain and sadness. It hurt to see him like that. To just see him in general hurt. I felt my face fa a bit and I felt like the walls were caving in on me, about to suffocate me and collapse around me.

"Can we talk?" he asked. I couldn't speak, I physically felt my lips get heavy and uneasy to move, so I just nodded. We both sat down and he began talking.

"Look, Kellin. I'm sorry about the way things had to go. I wish I could take back everything and start over. I just wish things never went the way they did. Can you forgive me?" he asked.

"Vic, all that is in the past. I loved, no love, you like a lot. I don't think I can forget all the moments we've ever had, because quite frankly, they were either the best or the worst. I can forgive you though." I said.

"Kellin, I want us to start over again. A new clean slate. I just want you back. I need you." Vic said.

I looked at him and really stared into his eyes. I couldn't say no to him. I couldn't resist him. I nodded my head fast. He smiled and stood up at the same time as me. We walked up to each other and hugged each other tightly. He pecked me on the lips as he lifted me up slightly.

I smiled into the kiss and melted into it. I missed this a lot. The way his tender and soft lips moved in sync with mine at a perfect rhythm. He put me down and we left the place.

_______________

Tegan and Sara are amazing and I love them. I need to see them one day.

Didn't proofread

♥Senpai♥