Chapter 13

He drove me back home and before I got out of the car, he asked....

-Maddi ?
-Yes?
-Will you be here tomorrow? I mean... at your house?

Why is he asking this? Does he want to come? What for? My brain works really fast as I'm trying to figure out why he asks this.

-No... not all day... I'll work at the boutique tomorrow... why?
-Oh... for nothing.
-Shawn you're hiding something to me... I say with a smirk
-No... he says, sounding so non-convincing.
-Ok... keep your secret then! I say with a small laugh

I close the door and he waves me goodbye before I enter the house.

-Hey Connor, I'm home! I say.
-Hi Maddi! How was your date with Shawn? He asks.
-That was NOT a date and you know it.
-Come on! He says, teasing me. You and him, alone in the studio... I know you like him!
I turn to the kitchen to grab something to eat and I think of his last words. I don't like him as more than a friend... do I?

-By the way! Connor says. Shawn never invited Shirley to a night at his studio...

This makes me stop in the middle of my movement. Shawn never took Shirley to a romantic date at his studio?
I try to get my head around it...

-She doesn't look like a singer. Why would he take her there?
-I don't know, I was trying to make you realise you are special to him...
-I'm not special. He just wanted to hear me sing again.
-Oh really? He says. Open your eyes Maddi!
-Connor stop. End of discussion. There is nothing between Shawn and I. He has a girlfriend and I'm not ready to have a boyfriend.

I take my meal to my bedroom and let myself fall on my bed.
What is happening? I can not let my feelings take control of me. Love only brings broken hearts. Anyway. Why am I talking about this? I am not having feelings for anyone!
Oh I am such a mess!

I get up, eat what I took from the kitchen and get in a boiling shower.
Feeling the hot water run on my skin, I think of my family and friends I left in France. I think of my mom and dad, my amazing brother, my best friends... and eventually I think of him.
I think of the last boyfriend I had, and how he messed up my entire life...