Chapter 5

I put down the mic and look across the flat to see... a tall and handsome young man step in.
-Hey! Everyone exclaims, greeting him.
-Damn, you should have come a few minutes earlier, you missed Maddi's amazing karaoke performance!
-Maddi?
-Let me introduce you to my new housemate! Connor says, grabbing my hand and taking me to the young man.
I know him, I already saw this handsome face and these beautiful hazel eyes... he is...
-Shawn Mendes! He says.
-Nice to meet you. I'm Madison!
He looked in my eyes with such an intensity that it gave me shivers. He is so impressive, and tall! But he seems very sweet and kind at the same time.

We walked back to the living-room where music was playing and alcohol bottles were being opened.
-Here you are! A boy named Josh said, handing us out 3 glasses of beer.
-Thanks!

We went to dance with the others and I drank the content of my cup, but my head soon felt dizzy asI hadn't eaten anything before. I walked to the kitchen and helped Brian prepare pizzas for everyone. By the time we finished, everyone got drunk, so I grabbed a piece of pizza, sat on the couch and watched everyone dance and talk nonesense.

-Hey, may I sit next to you? Someone asked.
I looked up and saw Shawn smiling at me.
-Sure!

He sat down, grabbed the whole pizza box and we started discussing.
-So, you're Connor's housemate?
-Yes!
-How long are you staying here for?
-I don't know. Maybe a few months, maybe more. It depends if I can keep the job promotion I've been given for these next months.
-Oh! A job promotion! Nice!
Someone suddenly came, offering us 2 glasses of alcohol.
-No thanks, I politely refused. Tomorrow is my first day at work. I don't think getting there drunk would be the best idea!
-Haha true!

Shawn also refused because he also had work tomorrow. It seemed like we were the only two not to be dead-drunk. We then moved to a quieter and more peaceful room. Shawn sat on a stool and grabbed a guitar while I found paper and a pencil. He let his fingers play some random notes, and I started to draw a sketch of him. The view was perfect and I didn't want to let this moment slip away. We continued talking while he was playing and I was sketching, and when I was done, he got up and walked to me.
-Can I see your drawing?
-Hmmmm... I don't know... I laughed.
He smiled at me and gave me puppy eyes I couldn't resist to.
-Oh fine! You got me! Here you are! I laughed, giving him the paper.
-Wow! It's really good!
-You can keep it if you want.
-Thank you!
(Drawing in media)

I checked the time and realized it's already past 1am. I should have come home earlier if I don't want to be tired tomorrow...
-I should be going Shawn, sorry...
We walked back to the party and found Connor already fast asleep on the sofa.
-Well, it seems I won't be able to take his car...
-It's ok. I can drive you home. He said
-You would?
-Well, we are the only ones who are not drunk. And I need to go home anyways.
-Thank you! I say, giving him a hug.

We walked to his car and listened to some Niall Horan songs during the whole ride home, Shawn singing out loud with the music.
-Sorry, I can't help but sing when I hear music! He laughed.
-It's ok! I said. I understand.
I am like this too, but being next to a worldwide famous singer, even if he now is my friend, makes me nervous, and I am too shy to sing. So I stayed silent, enjoying the moment. Shawn is very kind, and amazingly handsome. Seeing him living his best life in the car right now makes me realize how cool he is. I like spending time with him.
We arrive at Connor's house and Shawn stops the car.
-Here we are miss Madison!
-Thank you Mr. Shawn! I said.
I opened the door, and before I got down, I gave him a friendly kiss on the cheek.
-Maddi wait! He said as I was about to exit the car...