Part 2, chapter 5

POV : Maddi

And in an fit of anger, he grabs a big ice cream pot and throws it at me.

-Madison ! Shawn screams and runs to me, as the ice cream pot lands right in my stomach, making me fall back on the ground.

-Maddi are you ok ?

-Yeah...

I try to focus on him but my head is a little dizzy, as it hit the shelf behind me.

-Come on, let's go home. You'll stay in bed today, I'll call the St Laurent boutique.

-Thanks. You're an angel.

Shawn quickly pays for the groceries while I rest in the car, and we rush back home. He seems very worried. He just keeps looking at me.

-Shawn please focus on the road. It's not the time to have an accident.

-I know. Sorry. It's just that... you don't seem very well.

-I'm just a little shocked... seeing him, how he acted...

-Who was he ?

-My ex. We've been together for two years, but then I realized that he didn't have any feeling, I sigh. He just wanted to spend good nights... So I left him, but he kept coming back to me... I thought I'd never see him again when I moved to Toronto...

-It's ok baby... he says, reaching out to hold my hand. I'm here now. I won't let him get near you again. Remember I swore to protect you...

POV : Shawn

I really care for my girl and I want the best for her and our baby. I don't understand how people can be so mean towards such a sweet girl. I don't know what to do. I always fear that when I look away, something will happen to her. I know it's the first incident in a year, but it really scared me, and the fact that she is staying silent doesn't help. He hit her really hard, but she keeps telling me she's ok, so I trust her.

I park the car in front of our house and she directly walks upstairs and lays on our bed to fall asleep.

-It's okay baby, I say with a kiss on her forehead. I'll wait for you downstairs and cook your favorite meal. Get some rest.

-Thanks... she whispers.

Maddi has been sleeping for a few hours now. The house is so silent... I put the meal in the oven to cook and start washing the dishes by hand. I know we have a dishwasher but right now I don't have anything else to do...

While cleaning the spoons, I start daydreaming about how this house is so silent, and one day it'll be full of children laughs...

But I did not know that at this very own moment, IT would happen...