Chapter 36

"And the best male pop artist is... Shawn Mendes!"

-Oh my God! I scream, and turn towards Shawn to hug him. You made it! Congrats! You deserve it so much!

He climbs up the steps towards the stage with a huge smile. I think I've never seen him so happy! I watch him grab the prize and walk towards the mic. That's my boy! That's the gorgeous man I'm in love with! That's the purest soul on this planet!

-Thank you everyone, thank you so much ! I can hardly believe I'm here tonight, this is a dream come true ! First of all, I want to thank my fans, I would never have ended up here without them! Thank you also to Andrew and my crew for being the most caring people, to my family for encouraging me, always.

He makes a pause and looks at me in the eyes. Oh god, this is so intense. I love him so much!

-And most of us, I want to thank my amazing friends Brian and Maddi. I haven't known you for very long Madison, but you always were by my side to lift me up in the dark times of my life, and for that I am infinitely grateful!

He smiles at me and then walks back to his seat.
-Shawn... I begin, not even knowing what I want to say.
-Thank you for everything you did for me Maddi.
-Are you kidding? I did practically nothing! I laugh.
-It was way more than you can imagine! Without you I wouldn't have had the inspiration for my next album.
-Hold on... what did you just say?!
-Hm... nothing! He laughs, faking to be looking somewhere else.
-Shawn! You either said too much or not enough! Tell me!
I try to make him talk but he won't say anything. He says it's a surprise, but I want to know!

*****
The dinner ended an hour ago. We went back to the hotel to get changed for the after party. I put on a black sparkly dress and let my hair fall down in beautiful curls. Tonight is going to be the best night in my life!
Shawn is already here when I enter the room. The party started a few minutes ago. I see him sitting on a table, talking with Niall Horan. I think he already had a few drinks!

-Hi! I say when I meet them.
-Here's the beautiful one! He says. Niall, please meet my friend Maddi! She's the best designer ever!
-Nice to meet ya! He says, giving me a wink.
-Hey guys! I hear behind me. I got four mojitos for us!
I turn around and see Lewis Capaldi holding four glasses in his hands.
-Yeah! Thank you man! Niall says, handing us the glasses.

As we drink them, the alcohol makes me a little dizzy and I let go of my shyness. A few drinks and shots later, I end up standing on a chair with Taylor, Shawn, Lewis and Niall, screaming the lyrics of "She looks so perfect" together. We are so drunk right now, but everyone is! So... why should I care? We are dancing like no one's watching, singing our hearts out, living like it's our last day on earth.

-I'm going to fetch some beers! I shout so that Shawn can hear me
-Ok! He answers.
I get down the chair and walk towards the bar. I try my best to walk straight and not to bump into people. My head is spinning, but in a pleasant way. I order four beers and while the barman prepares them, I turn around and look at Shawn. Well... I did not expect to see that...