Part 2, chapter 21

-Oh Shawn! Look how cute these tiny PJs are !

Maddi is sitting on the bed of our hotel room, unpacking boxes and showing me a tiny blue baby outfit. She has been overexcited every day since she joined me on tour, and I am very happy to see her like this. Having her as my fiancé and costume designer is the best experience ever! She is working hard for me to look perfect on stage, even though I'd like her to rest. I can see how it's getting harder for her to walk up the stairs, or even just walk, but she keeps on coming with me at every show and sews my costumes every night.

I got her the best doctors to make sure she and the baby stay healthy. Now, my beautiful Maddi is 5 months pregnant, with a nice round belly.

-It is cute indeed, where did you get it ?

-I got it from your fans, and there are a lot more ! She says, pointing towards the table, where tens of boxes are piled up. This baby already has a closet bigger than mine!

-Maddi ! How many times will I have to tell you to...

-Be careful ? I know, but your fans are really caring ! They were waiting outside the hotel with gifts for us! There's nothing to be afraid of!

-I know, but...

-Shawn, listen. I know you are worried for the baby. I am too, but since you told your fans that we are having a baby, ther are overprotective. They would never harm the baby. They are not the ones you should be afraid of. I promise!

I can't deny this is true... Since I posted Brian's video, when he filmed Maddi telling me she was pregnant, « Baby » is the only word the Mendes Army has in mind. I don't like talking about it, I really want Maddi to be safe and have her privacy during her pregnancy, but she seems to be less anxious about it than me. I do not see myself posting pregnancy pictures on instagram, yet, she keeps telling me it would be nice to do it... But there is no way a man can argue with a pregnant woman, I know she will win this one...

-By the way, I got you raspberries on the way back. I say, taking off my shoes.

-OH MY GOD ! YOU DID ? THANK YOU ! She screams, jumping out of bed.

-Hey ! Careful ! You are not alone in that body anymore!

She runs to me and squeezes me in her arms.

-I love youuuuuu ! She moans.

-I know, I know, I'm the best...

She takes the box of raspberries and devours it in less than a minute... Wow. She impresses me! How much raspberries can she eat in a week? She must have already eaten two kilograms since last Sunday! Once, I was still at the concert hall, and she texted me at 2 am, asking me to get her some. 2am! I had to leave the whole staff, spend an hour driving around the city to find the only open shop and buy her a 5$ box of expensive raspberries. And she had NOT fallen asleep, she was really waiting for me to come back! Yeah, once, I bought her ice cream at 1am and by the time I came back, she had fallen asleep... So I told her she would have to pay for my coffee and donuts the next day. Which she did! Come on! I need to sleep too! But I'd do anything for Madison... Next months, she'll have to go back to Toronto, cause she can't take the plane after 6 months of pregnancy, and I'll have to wait another month before coming home too. So I enjoy her presence here as much as I can.

POV : Maddi.

Shawn stares at me from across the room before sitting next to me on the bed. He gently wraps his arms around me and burries his face in my neck, making me fall back.

-Stooop ! I chuckle, as he starts kissing me. You're tickling me!

-Hm... I love you so much !

-I love you more !

-You taste like raspberries... he whispers, kissing my lips...

Shawn is so amazing, I love him more every day! I wish I could stay in this bed with him for ever... Just him and I, with his hand running across my baby bump, and my cheek against his chest, feeling his heartbeats...

-Sweetheart ? He asks.

-Yes ?

-Do you remember the day I first showed you our house?

-Of course I do. You came to fetch me at work and drove us there...

-Are you still okay with our deal ? Cause I am...

-Our... deal ?

-Naming our kids Skyler and Simon.

-I can't believe you remember I wanted to call my son Simon....

-Of course I do ! How could I forget!

-I'm just surprised. But if you want to know, yes, our deal is still working!

-YESS ! He screams. I'm sure it'sgonna be a girl!

-Not so quickly Mendes ! I say it's gonna be a boy!

-Hm... I bet pancakes it's gonna be a girl !

-Pancakes ?

-If it's a girl, you'll have to bake me some pancakes!

-Okay ! And you bake me a brownie if it's a boy!

-Deal !

He grabs me and kisses me all over my face, starting to tickle me again.

-Stooop ! You're horrible! I hate you !

-I know !

His hands wonder in my back and grab my T-Shirt to slowly pass it over my head, and I do the same with his. My heart pounds in my chest when my fingers venture across his perfectly shaped abs. His soft lips pressed against mine, we let ourselves fall on the bed, before rushing to the stars.