Chapter 1

-Your plane has landed at the Toronto Pearson Airport. It is currently 3:26 pm. Thank you for choosing the Air France company !

I feel my heart racing as I look through the window. I am really here ! I can see the skyscrapers reach for the sky, the famous CN tower and the Ontario lake. From now on, I am starting a new life !

As the plane stops, I gather my bags and walk down the aisle, following the flow of passengers to the luggage belt. I am feeling so nervous ! I am leaving everything behind me to move to a whole new country, I don't know anyone here, but luckily I'll have a housemate, and I can't wait to meet him ! As I see my suitcases arriving, I lift them up and my arm nearly detaches itself from my body because of their weigh. Damn I am such a cliché girl, carrying my life with me everywhere I go... But tell me, would you move out to another country without taking everything you have ? No. So I drag my bags to the car service and get the car my company gave me. Yes, I am moving here because of my job. I had a huge promotion, so here I am, and my company gave me this great blue Mustang car. <3 I love my job !

The car company's service man helps me put my bags in the trunk, I hop on the driver's seat and enjoy the sound of the roaring engine. Off I go to a whole new life.

Houses rush by as I drive along the Toronto streets. Buildings, passerbys, tourists... everything here brings me joy. This town is full of life, and there are so many places I would like to visit ! Gardens, zoos, karaoke clubs... I take the time to enjoy the growing excitement in my chest as I drive further from the city center. I enter a residencial district and I hear my GPS's voice. «you have arrived to your destination». I turn my head and...

-Oh my... I whisper.

Well, I think I could get used to live here ! The house is just huge ! It is all white and modern, with palm trees at the entrance and a huge bay window at the first floor. Living here will certainly be really cool !

I park my car down the aisle and hear the front door opening. My housemate is here !

-Hi ! Welcome home ! He says, walking down to me.

-Hi !

-Nice to meet you, I'm....