Part 2, chapter 6

POV : Shawn

-AAAAH !

The cry just came from upstairs. My blood freezes in my veins and the plate that I was holding escapes my hands and shatters on the floor. Madison. Something's wrong. As I stay petrified, another cry tears the house's silence apart.

-NOOOO !

This time, I rush upstairs as fast a I can, hoping she just had a nightmare.

-Madison where are you ?

There is no answer, and I have to guide myself with the sobs and moanings I hear. What the hell is going on? She is not in her bedroom. My heart races and my hands are shaking as I can feel the panic taking control over my body.

I run through the corridor, open the bathroom door and... my heart stops. There she is, all curled up against the wall. And on the floor, there is... blood everywhere... Blood on her... trousers ? Oh no...

-Shawwwn ! She cries. My baby !

I walk up to her and she buries her head in my arms.

-Hey it's ok love. It's ok...

Tears are streaming down her face and her breath is cut by sobs.

-My baby.... my little baby... she keeps on moaning.

I have never felt so desperate in my life, and I can't even imagine how Maddi must be feeling. All I can do is stare at the wall in front of me, as emptiness fills my heart. All the love I had for that child, the main reason I was smiling, now it all fades away as our teardrops cover the bathroom floor.