Part 2, chapter 8

POV: Madison

-Babe, are you ready ? Shawn calls across the house.

-I'm coming !

Shawn and I spent every second of the last 6 months together. He has released his album and planned his World Tour, and now we are enjoying our last days together before he leaves.

-Where are you taking us ?

-You'll see ! He answers with a smirk.

I grab our picnic bag and we hop in the car for an hour long ride.

-I am so happy to be with you Shawn... I love you so much !

-If you only knew how much I love you! He says, parking the car on the side of the road.

-What are you doing ? Are we there ?

-Yes !

-But it's in the middle of the forest ?

-I know !

He walks out of the car and takes my hand to guide me.

Shawn has been very excited about that picnic we planned two weeks ago, and I totally understand it! Spring came, the weather is warmer now, flowers are growing, and Shawn leaves in two days... It's our last peaceful day together, as tomorrow he'll have to finish packing everything. I don't want him to leave... I love having him near me to cuddle every night, watch movies together, laugh, cry and have fun! He is my everything ! And thinking of living 7 months without him is torture... So I enjoy this peaceful moment with him...

He takes me towards the trees and leads me on a path... I wonder where he's taking me... Around us are green trees coming into buds, flowers, and I can hear the birds singing happily, glad that the beautiful days came back.

-There we are ! Shawn says excitedly, turning behind a huge tree.

What I see there takes my breath away... There is a big clearing covered in fresh grass and hundreds of colorful flowers, in the middle, next to a bright blue river is a weeping willow, a paradise on Earth.

-Shawn... this place is... magical !

-You like it ? He asks, with a bright smile, taking my hands.

As a response, I put my lips against his and let his hands make their way around my waist and mine around his neck. The moment is just perfect, but my rumbling stomach breaks the magic.

-Okay I got the message ! He laughs, breaking the kiss.

Mentally calling my stomach all kind of names for he broke this perfect moment, we walk towards the river hand in hand. I sit down and take off my shoes to dip my feet in the fresh water.

-Don't you come? I ask, noticing that Shawn is still standing behind me.

-Oh yeah, sorry, I was looking at something...

-What is it ?

-You... you look so perfect in this dress... I wish this moment could last forever...

He sits next to me and the butterflies in my chest go crazy when his hazel eyes get lost in mine... My hand makes its way to his and he reaches out to gently caress my cheek. I love him so much, he is the most perfect man on Earth and he is mine... He knows me and he loves me. Even with my stupid temper and the fact that our family will never grow bigger than us two... he still loves me, and I can't be luckier than this...

After eating the pies and the chocolate chips muffins I baked for him, we lay down in the middle of the flowers in the shade of the willow.

-Here ! I say, handing him the flower crown I made him.

-Thanks !

He puts it on his head and the flower petals fall perfectly onto his beautiful brown curls.

-You look like a fairy! I laugh! Hey, are you okay ? You look tense...

-Yeah, it's just that... I don't want to leave... When I think about all these months without you, all these nights in a lonely bed...

-That is why I suggest we don't wait for the night to have some fun... I say, laying my hands on his chest and unbuttoning his shirt.

-Hm... good idea !

As I let his shirt fall on the grass, my eyes devour his perfectly shaped abs and my fingers run across his skin, caressing his muscles... His hands make their way to my back and his fingers run across my dress, looking for the zipper. I get closer to him, laying on his chest, and suddenly, I feel his breath in my neck as he starts kissing me slowly, first under my ear, and then, little bit by little bit, he gets down, one kiss after another.

-I love you Madison, I love you so much... he whispers.

My dress drops and he breaks the kisses to look down at me. He stays silent for a second, and lets his fingers caress my hips. Then, he grabs me gently and lays me on the floor, getting over me. As he gets closer and closer, I feel the butterflies in my chest dance, my body burn and my skin have goosebumps.

He looks at me in the eyes, and whispers : « If I had the choice between breathing and loving you, I'd use my last breath to tell you how much I love you »