Chapter 30

-Here we are! Andrew says as we hop off the car.
-Oh wow!
In front of me is the huge 4⭐ hotel in which we will be staying. A red carpet has already been laid, leading from the street, up the steps to the inside hall. Butlers take our luggage and send them directly to our rooms while we all enter to check in. I am amazed by the luxury of the place. I've been in beautiful hotels before but never in such a beautiful one! Walls are decorated with golden moldings, chandeliers hang from the ceiling, fresh flowers are disposed on each table, paintings are decorating all the walls....

-Welcome to your country, Shawn says, handing me a beautiful red rose.
-Thank you! But, where did you get it? I laugh. I look around me and notice a red rose bouquet on a table.
-Shhhhh.... he whispers, a finger on his lips.
-Hahaha! Oh Shawn you really did this!
We walk to the elevators, up to the last floor. Before entering our rooms, he asks me when we'll meet again.
-Well, I think I'll rest a bit, then I need to meet my hairdresser and make-up artist in a couple hours so we can work on my outfit for the gala.
A smile goes through his face and I think he blushes a bit.
-Yeah sure.
-We'll be finished by 4.30 pm.
-Ok great then! Let's meet at 4.45 pm in the hotel hall!
-Ok!

We both enter our respective rooms and I am amazed by what I see. The room is as luxurious as the rest of the hotel. On the king sized bed, flower petals have been layed. And behind the bed, a huge bay window gives sight on the rooftops of Paris, La Seine, the Eiffel Tower.

I put Shawn's flower in a glass of water, and then I open my luggage, put away my stuff in the cupboards, take a quick shower and call my dad

-Hi sweetheart! How are you doing?
-Great! We just landed in Paris. The hotel is absolutely breathtaking!
-This is great! And when is the gala?
-It's in two days!
-I wish you all the best! Your brother and I will be watching you on TV!
-Thanks dad!
-Would you and your friend like to come and have dinner at home the next day? It would be nice to see you two.
-Oh we'd love to! I miss you so much! I can't wait to see you!

I stay on the phone with my family until it's time for me to go to the hall. I get ready, make sure I'm not looking too bad and walk out.

-Hello! I'm Lisa, your make-up artist, this is Julie your hairdresser, and Charlotte, your stylist. A young lady says, greeting me.
-Nice to meet you, I'm Madison.

I didn't know I'd have a stylist... I led them to my room and we chat joyfully. The girls are really nice and full of great ideas. I show them my dress and the shoes I had chosen. I think Charlotte is really impressed with my work. Then she opens a wallet she had brought. Wow! It is full of diamonds!
-St Laurent will lend you the jewelry for the day. Let's see what suits you best.
She tried several on me and we finally chose a thin silver bracelet and long diamond earrings. Simple, discreet but sooo beautiful! Lisa then tries a make-up while Julie is doing my hair. We decide what is better, and as I had planned, at 4.30pm, we were finished. Everything is ready.
-Thank you girls, for everything ! I say.
-You're welcome, it was a pleasure! We had a lot of fun too!

The girls leave my bedroom and I get myself ready to meet Shawn downstairs. I let my hair fall down and put on a simple but elegant outfit. I walk down to the hall, and I see him there. He is at the other end of the room, talking to my stylist. How long has he been here for? They seem to be talking actively, and I notice how Shawn smiles... I feel something make its way through my feelings. Could it be... jealousy?