Part 2, chapter 22

POV : Shawn

-Honey ! Can you come and help me please ?

My tour ended a few weeks ago and I was able to join Maddi back in Toronto after a month apart. She has been busy buying all the stuff for the baby, such as a bed, maxi-cosi and all the necessary stuff for the baby's bedroom (including a closet for the hundreds of baby clothes my incredible fans gave us). She has put the girl clothes on one side, boys on the other, the mixed in the middle and has probably washed them all a hundred time. Without exagerating. She is cleaning everything! I wouldn't be surprised if one morning I discovered that she spent the night cleaning the floor with a toothbrush to make sure it's really clean!

Now she's calling me from upstairs, where she is working in the baby's room while I was thinking of whether I should start a new album right now or not...

-Sure honey, I'm coming.

I find her in a white t-shirt and an old denim overall, with more green paint on her than on the walls...

-Maddi, you know you are supposed to paint with the brush, not with your hair...

-I know ! I just thought the new Billie Eilish style would suit me well! She laughs.

-Come on ! You just can't stay serious more than a second, can't you?

-Serious ? Me ? She says, flicking some green paint at me.

-Oh you are challenging me? Fine !

I take off my t-shirt and walk to the nearest tin of paint. I put my hand in it and spread it all over her face.

-Hahaha there you are !

-Shaaawn ! She laughs.

Then she takes her brush and throws it at me, and it lands in my hair.

-Hey ! My hair ! What have you done !

-Hahaha !

-Hold on ! I'm gonna get you ! I laugh.

I run to her, but my feet get caught in the stool, I try to grab the stepladder not to fall, but I grab a tin of paint instead, that empties itself all over me. Oh no...

-Hahahaha ! Look at you ! Ahahah ! Who's the most riddiculous one now? Maddi laughs.

-Okay, you win this time !

I look at her laugh, I look at her smile and then I look at myself in the mirror, all covered in green paint, and I just wish that moments like this will happen forever..