Chapter 28

I open the envelope, and inside I find... two plane tickets for... Paris ?!

-OMG Shawn....

-You are coming to Paris with me !

-Oh THANK YOU !!!! I scream, and jump in his arms.

-We are leaving in two days. Sorry it's a bit quick, I wanted to tell you once I'm sure I have a hotel room and everything ready for you !

-You are the best person in the entire wold !

-I know ! he laughs.

*******

-We are leaving tomorrow... I explain to my boss. I am sorry I couldn't tell you earlier, it was a surprise...

-It's OK, you can go ! he answers.

-Really ?? Thank you !

-But... You'll have some work. Nothing huge. I want you to give this to the boss of the St Laurent boutique in Paris. The one that's on the Haussmann Boulevard. He says, handing me an envelope.

-I'll give it to him myself !

Suddenly, his phone rings. He answers, and I walk to the back shop to gather my stuff. I can hear what he is saying though. « What ? .... Oh my, what are we going to do ? This is such an important event !... No one else is availabe ? .... Oh wait. I know who can do this !... don't worry I'm in charge ! » he says, and then he hangs up.

-Madison ! Can you come here please ?

-Yes ?

-I have an important request for you. Julia Michels was supposed to attend the Paris Gala to represent Toronto's St Laurent boutique, as you know it, Shawn Mendes' suit was designed here. However she cannot attend it anymore because she's sick, and Jane cannot go either for personnal reasons... I thought that maybe you could do the job, as you'll already be in Paris.

I cannot believe what I just heard. I, the new designer that just came here a few weeks ago, am going to represent them at such a huge and important event ? Oh my... It is such an opportunity for me to get more influence and importance in my job ! Maybe I can become a personnal deisgner after this !

-Me ? Of course ! I'd love to !

-Thank you so much ! This is an extremely important task I give you. Of course you'll get payed for this extra. Show the best of you and make this boutique shine around the globe ! he says with enthousiasm. Now I'll let Jane explain everything to you. Oh ! And make sure you have a great outfit !

I walk to Jane in the back shop and she greets me with a huge hug.

-THANK YOU MADISON ! You are saving us all !

-You're welcome, I'm glad I can help !

She explains everything to me during the whole afternoon. I take notes on who will be there, Who I must talk to and be interviewed by. How to act, stand, walk, talk, smile. I pracice in front of her, learn stupid but important sentences by heart, and after long and exhausting, but so exciting hours, she exclaims :

-Great ! You are ready ! Now you need an outfit ! Didn't you tell me you were designing one ? Did you finish it ?

-Oh ! I did, but I don't know if it'll fit for such an event...

-I don't care ! I want to see you wearing it anyway ! Come on ! Show me ! She says, jumping up and down excitedly.

I walk out, grab my dress, put it on and get back to her.

-Wow Madison... I don't even have the words... You are GORGEOUS ! You are.... PERFECT !! You'll definitely be wearing this dress !

The boss approved her decision, and now it seems like I'll be wearing my own dress in front of the whole world ! In front of Shawn... and at this very own though, my heart races.