Part 2, chapter 24

POV : Maddi

How did all this happen? Everything was going on so well... How did everything get so f*cked up in a day? Two days ago, I was waking up on Shawn's chest, and now I'm all alone in my living room, about to give birth to my baby, and I threw my fiancé out of the house... If there was one time in my life when it wasn't the moment for things to get bad, it's right now... 

I curl up and wrap my arms around my belly... I'm all alone, with just my baby and I... I decide to get up and fetch something to eat, when a sudden pain pins me to the ground. My whole stomach gets contracted and I can't move anymore. 

It hurts so much that I start crying. It won't stop... contractions... is it starting? It can't! But I never had so much pain before, they were so smaller. I look at my watch... 9.43 am... 

Finally it stops, after one minute of horrible suffering... Oh please, don't tell me the baby is coming... this time I get up and decide to lay in the couch to get some rest. 

Oh no it starts again, 3 minutes after the first one... 

More tears stream down my cheeks as I try to hold the pain, but it's just so hard... 

2 minutes. The doctor said if the time between contractions gets smaller than 2 minutes, it would mean... oh please no. Not now... my phone is upstairs, at the other end of the house... 

I try to relax in the couch, and the pain finally stops... 1 minute, 2 minutes, 5 minutes... It definitely stops. I smile, thankful that this was just a false alert, but at the same time, this means the baby is coming, it'll probably be here in less than a week. 

I pick up my phone and call the doctor, telling him what happened and at that moment, I hear a knock at the door. 

-Hey, can I come in? Someone asks, coming inside anyway. 

-Oh Connor, hi ! 

-Hey ! I figured I might come, check how you are going. I brought you some groceries so you don't have to go by yourself. 

-Thanks so much you are a sweetheart. 

Connor is the boy that's the closest to me, apart from Shawn, well, now he might be. He really is my best friend, just as much as Jane. 

-Are you okay ? He asks. You are sweaty, what did you do? 

-It's okay, I just had, well... contractions... 

-What?? hold on, we need to call a doctor!! 

-It's okay! Calm down! They happen every day. This time it was just a little more painful. I already called the doctor. 

-Okay. Call me if you need anything, I'll always be there for you... 

-Thanks. I'll try to keep my phone with me now, and not go upstairs anymore. 

-Please avoid the stairs ! 

He unpacks the stuff he brought and grabs an ice cream pot. 

-Come on, let's have a talk on the couch. I need to tell you something. 

-If it's to talk about Shawn, I don't want to hear it. 

-You don't want to, but you need to. And I'm going to force you to listen, for that little thing! He says, pointing towards my belly. 

We both sit in the couch, grab a spoon and start eating the ice cream. Chocolate and cookie dough, my favorite. He really knows me! 

-So. Let's start by the beginning. He says. Once upon a time, lived a sexy young man and his girlfriend, he was planning to propose to. He had a nice costume designer, who ended up having a crush on him. She had no discretion, and when they went on tour, Connor the photograph could clearly see how she was flirting around him.