Part 2, chapter 9

POV : Shawn

-Love you sweetheart ! I'll call you later ! I say, as I end the phone call with Madison.

My tour has started almost a month ago and I still haven't seen Madison. We have been calling each other almost everyday and I miss her a lot. I'd like to have her next to me at the end of the day, I'd have someone to whom I could talk about everything, about how exhausting the day was, about how emotionnal I get when I'm on stage and I see my fans' faces... I hope Andrew will manage to plan her a trip. I keep asking him to focus on it but it seems like my agenda is 100% booked in the next weeks... I wonder if he will even try... I hope so...

A knock at my door gets me out of my daydream.

-Come in !

-Hi Shawn, are you ready for your interview ?

It's Laura, my costume designer. She's one of the only girls in the crew, with my makeup artist and my physical coach.

-Yeah I'm ready.

She walks towards me and takes a look at my outfit.

-It's quite warm outside, you'll get sweaty like this... she says, opening one of my shirt's buttons.

-There. That's better...

She takes a look at me and smiles.

-You look gorgeous !

-Thanks.

I take my phone and follow her out of my room. Once in the elevator, I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket :

From : Princess <3 :

« Good luck sweetheart ! <3 you rock ! »

-Who is it ? Laura asks.

-My girlfriend...

-Oh...

Why did she ask that ? I think it's rude. These are my private affairs. She's not my manager, she has no right to get interested in my private relationships. Especially not with Maddi... Oh, and yes I said girlfriend. We haven't told anyone about our engagement, except for our families and Andrew... Even Brian ignores it. We haven't even talked about when we'll make it public... I guess it can wait...

The elevator bell rings and I step out, maybe a bit too quickly... The hall is quite calm, there are, for once, no fans. I am about to walk out, when I hear a tiny voice behind me...

-Mom ! Look ! Is that Shawn Mendes ?

I turn around, surprised, at the hearing of this cute child's voice, and see, at the other end of the room, a little girl staring at me. She is so cute that my heart melts instantly. She has long blonde hair tied in bunches and wide blue eyes. In her small pink dress, she looks like a porcelain doll! When she sees my face, she jumps up and down...

-Mom ! Mom ! It's him ! It's Shawn Mendes !

I can't resist ! She is so cute ! She mustn't be over 7 years old. My interview can wait! So I leave Andrew and Laura and walk towards the little girl. Fans before journalists right ?

-Hi sweetie ! I say, crouching down to reach her tiny height. What's your name?

-I... I'm Sophie... she whispers shyly.

-Hi Sophie ! I heard you say my name... are you a fan? I whisper in her ear.

-Yes.... I... I really like your songs ! I have a big poster in my room! And... my mommy promised I will go to your concert for my 7th birthday!

-Wow ! That sounds great! When's your birthday ?

-It's in 12 days !

-That's soon ! Are you coming to the Boston show ?

-Yes it'll be in Boston. Her mom answers for her.

-Well, maybe I'll see you there then! I say, giving her a kind rub on her head. Should we take a picture ?

-Yeah ! She screams !

Her mother takes out her phone, and I gently take Sophie in my arms for the picture. Before I let her down, she gives me a tight hug and lays her head on my shoulder. I can see her small pink cheeks, her tiny nose, and her wide blue eyes... She is so cute !

I let her down and walk back towards Andrew and Laura. Across the hall, Sophie waves at me with a bright smile. I wave back at her and jump in my car, but when I sit down, I get this stange feeling that she is still in my arms... I barely know this little girl, yet, I got attached to her... do I really love kids so much ?