Part 2, chapter 7

POV : Shawn

-Hey Maddi, you should go out a little... Breathe some fresh air... I say, sitting on the couch next to her.

She has been sitting here for days, hasn't left the house and is eating very little. I am very worried for her health. I take her gently in my arms and she lays her head on my chest.

-I know it's hard for you... it is for both of us...

-I loved this baby as if he were already born...

-Me too... I whisper. Me too...

-I promised myself... she starts, but sobs interrupt her.

It breaks my heart to see her like that. It breaks the tiny piece that is left of my heart. After we lost the baby, the only thing that gives me a reason to live is Madison. I just don't want her to let herself go with sadness, she does not deserve so much pain. No one does, and especially not her.

I put a hand on her cheek and wipe her tears.

-Tell me.

-I promised myself, she sobs, that I would give you a family. And... and I can't...

-Don't worry Madison. As long as I have you, I have everything I need.

-But....

-We'll figure that out later. For now, let's go out to the park and eat a waffle.

-Okay.

I get up and grab her hand to force her to come, then I take her coat, wrap her inside like a sushi and hug her tight.

-Haha Shawn, what are you doing ?

-Keeping you warm hunny !

-I love you.

-I love you more...

-Liar...

*****

POV : Maddi

We enter the parc hand in hand. I am really tense and I know Shawn can feel it. I fear that paparazzis would come, ask questions, I am not in the mood. I don't want to dealwith anyone. The only person I want to have next to me is my boyfriend... but all my hopes fade away when a group of teenagers walk towards us.

-Try to act cool. Shawn whispers.

-I'll try.

-Shawn ! Madison ! A girl screams. Can I get a picture with you please ?

-Hmm.... yeah, of course ! Shawn hesitates.

I know he hasn't been active those last days, and keeping in touch with is fans is the best way for them not to get worried and ask questions.

-Is your album really coming out onSunday ? Another girl asks. I can't wait to listen to it! How many songs are they ?

-Well... actually it might be a little late...

I can see this girl's heart stop beating.

-What ? Why ?

-Because of... personal reasons.

I press Shawn's hand to make him understand that we should go. I don't want anymore questions. Tears are coming up to my eyes and I just can't cry here in front of everyone. We are about to finally walk away when a voice catches our attention, a voice we both recognise : Andrew.

-Shawn, Madison ! Did you guys finally come back to life ?

We turn around to face him, and what I see doesn't predict anything good. Connor, Josiah and Jake are here too, and Andrew is full of rage. With flames in his eyes, he walks towards us, not caring about the dozens of fans that gathered around us and are probably filming everything.

-What do you think you are doing Shawn?! He screams.

Right now I wish we both could disappear... is Andrew really going to yell at Shawn in front of everyone ?

Instinctively, I stick to him and he wraps his arms around me in a protective way.

-What are you doing ? He repeats. You think you can disappear like that? I must have sent you a thousand texts and you haven't answered a call in days! Did you forget you have an album to release? A World Tour to plan? Things just don't get together by themselves !

Tears start to stream down my cheeks. All this is my fault, now Shawn's in trouble because of me, because I'm not strong enough to get over what happened. I look up at him and to my surprise, I can see tears on his cheeks as well. He is so strong! He just stays here, listening to Andrew yelling at him, keeping all the pain for him as all the fans are filming silently.

-What's the problem with you Shawn? Andrew continues. I thought you were a responsible man! What are you doing? What's happening with you? WHAT IS HAPPENING ?

-YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT'S HAPPENING? Shawn suddenly yells, losing his nerves.

-YES !

-We lost our baby! That's what's happening !

This had the effect of a bomb. Everyone stays silent for a while, staring at us. Even Andrew calms down instantly.

-What ?

-You were... pregnant? Someone whispers.

Shawn catches his breath and then he adds :

-We lost our baby, and we'll never be able to have another one...