Part 2, chapter 17

POV : Shawn

-HOW COULD YOU NOT TELL ME YOU ARE ENGAGED ?!

I was sleeping in my hotel room when the door slammed open, making me jump. There, at the end of my bed, stands Laura, staring at me furiously. Her eyes are red and full of rage. She is still in her pyjamas, her hair is messy, and she probably hasn't totally recovered from yesterday night's party.

-WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME? EVERYONE KNEW EXCEPT ME! IS THAT IT?

-What ? No !

I am so confused right now... How does she know? Did Andrew tell her after what happened yesterday night? Why didn't he talk to me before?

-You are such a liar Shawn...

-I swear no one knows except Andrew !

-That's not true anymore !

-WHAT ?!

What happened ? What does she mean ? My mind races. Who knows? Who knows about it?

-The whole world knows now...

-How is it possible ?!

-Oh, you'll just have to check by yourself ! She says, throwing angrily a phone at me.

-I can't believe you lied to me...

-I did not lie to you, I just didn't tell you, like I did with everyone!

-Do you realize what would have happened ?! Did you even think about it?! I thought I had a chance! I thought you actually loved me yesterday! After all this time waiting for you patiently, I finally have you for my own, but OH NO! Mister is secretly engaged. Not so secretly now... Oh how I hope you were noticed with me yesterday...

-Please don't say that...

Tears start coming up to my eyes and make my sight blurry. This would be the worst thing on Earth... the medias publishing pictures of Laura and I... What would I tell Maddi? Would she forgive me?

-Oh I say it! You are lucky I won't tell anyone what happened, but I do hope someone else will! And you know what? Now you can find yourself a new costume designer! She yells, turning around to leave.

Nonononono this cannot happen. She can't leave ! How am I going to do for the rest of the Tour?I need a costume designer! I get up out of bed and run after her.

-Laura wait ! You can't just leave !

In the corridor, I grab her arm to hold her back, but she suddenly turns around and slaps me violently across the face.

-You deserved this one !

She stares at me in the eyes for a second, before finally leaving.

My hand on my sore cheek, I stay there shocked for a second, trying to realize everything that happened. I think I really needed that slap. What the hell is going on with me? Where did I get off the path? I can't control anything, I just keep doing the wrong things. And now I'm without Maddi and without a costume designer for tomorrow's show...

I wish I could start this Tour again, go back in time, but I'm just here with all the mistakes I made.

Slowly, I turn around and go back to my room. I curl up in my bed and pull the blanket to me.

*bam !*

Something fell on the floor.

I look next to my bed and find the phone Laura threw at me, opened on a YouTube page.

« GALA : Meet a St Laurent designer : Madison DeBeaumont »

Maddi. Seeing her makes me emotionnal. She is so beautiful in this blue puffy dress. The video has been published this morning. Is that the interview she was talking about yesterday? On the bedside table, I can see Maddi's necklace that she gave me. I feel bad I threw it across the changing room yesterday. I take it and put it back around my neck. Madison might have noticed yesterday that I didn't have it...

Then I press the screen and let my heart ignite at the hearing of Maddi's beautiful voice. She has let her long wavy brown hair down on her shoulders and wears a puffy light blue dress that she says a friend designed for her. I'm quite surprised because she usually likes to wear tight dresses, but this one suits her very well and she is lovely. I get lost in the contemplation of my fiancé when suddenly my heart skips a beat.

-Madison, what do I see on your hand...What a lovely ring! Is it a real diamond?

-Oh, yes it is.

I can see Madison blushing in a way only I can notice. I know she is scared right now...

-Don't tell me Shawn Mendes gave you this ring! Are you engaged?

Madison starts fiddling with her ring while I unconsciously do the same with my necklace.

-Well, I guess we can't keep it for ourselves anymore... Yes we are engaged!

A smile brightens her face and I can tell she is happy to say it.

-What great news ! And did you figure out a date for your wedding?

-Oh no, not yet. Shawn is on tour and we both have a lot of things to do and care about...

Wow. That word... wedding... it hits differently. I imagine Maddi in a long white dress and a veil with pearls, walking down the aisle...

Now I have to hope that the medias didn't notice Laura and I yesterday, or this beautiful white dream would fade away...