Aubrey sat up straight, fixing her face into one of my typical mean mugs. "I don't see how girls do it, I could never tell a nigga I love him first. If he don't say it back, I would never live down the embarrassment" she did a high pitch voice, pretending to mock mine.

   "Haha, very funny" I responded sarcastically.

    Julian

      Neenan and I sat on the sofa in the living room, catching up

      Neenan and I sat on the sofa in the living room, catching up. Something we usually did on the weekend, since we didn't see much of each other during the week. With him applying to colleges, working, and help picking the new players for football season, his schedule been kinda hectic. "Have you picked a college yet" I asked and he shook his head.

   "I'm stuck between Morehouse and UCLA" Neenan let out a defeated sigh. "They're both good schools do whatever I pick isn't gonna be a bad decision"

   "I just can't wait to literally be right across from a school full of fine women" he rubbed his hands together, smirking in satisfaction. "I think it's obvious what my decision is at this point" he hinted.

    Hearing little footsteps, Noah pepped his head around the wall, carefully coming down the last big step. Rubbing the crust of his eye, he flicked the small pebbles somewhere. His eyes were somewhat closed, leaving a little room to watch his surroundings. Climbing onto the high sofa, he soon sat on the third cushion taking half of the blanket from me. "So what we talkin' bout"  he inserted himself into the conversation.

        "Grown folks business" Neenan simply said, earning a blank face from our little brother. Noah scoffed, leaning back into the seat, cuddling next to a free pillow. "First of all, I've done more than y'all put together. I got a girl pregnant, married another chick, and had almost ten girlfriends" he boasted, flexing his muscles as if this was a accomplishment.

     "That abortion cost me money" he exaggerates, rubbing a hand dramatically down his face. "I'm still trynna pay back my loan"

    "How much" I know we weren't suppose to entertain this but it cracks me up.

    Noah quickly held up two fingers, putting them close in our faces. "I paid two dollars, not one but two dollars" he shook his head. "You know what I could've did with that money"

     "What was you gone do, Noah? You not even in fifth grade doing all this shit" Neenan said pretending to be astonished.

    "I could've took a Uber to the movies, mall, and even took my new girl on a date" he sounded so disappointed which made it ten times funnier. "You really are a trip" I admitted, patting him on the shoulder. Not to long after, I went in the kitchen, making a turkey sandwich. Dad hasn't went grocery shopping in the past month and we're living off the random stuff in the fridge nobody eats.

      A knock sounded at the door, we all looked at each other, mentally deciding who's closer. "I'll go" Neenan volunteered, causing Noah and I to continue what we were doing. Putting the other slice of bread on top of the turkey, with no hesitation, I bit into it. "It's for you" Neenan had a mug on his face which made me question who it was. Turning the corner, I came face to face with Laura.