Ch. 33

After days of recuperating, Y/n had finally gone back to work at the DPD. Yeah, she really hated the idea since she no longer had Delaney, but they gave her some things to work with. One, she can bring her puppies. As long as they were quiet a majority of the time. Two, she didn't have to head to big cases. Maybe some smaller cases like sniffing out a drug dealer or two, but not like the cases Hank would work one. Finally, she was able to go home if she began to feel panicked or feel anxiety ridden.
     Plus, she still had Hank. Connor too. Some officers knew that and wondered why they were giving her these special things, but they did come with their backfires. If she left for home, she'd still have to take calls and work, just not while she was inside the station. Smaller cases are sometimes deadly as well, but to a certain extent. Not to mention the puppies. If they keep distributing the peace inside the station, she'd have to get Ancil to get them.
     Sad, she knows, but worth it if they kept their adorable little jaws shut. She looked on the terminal, scanning the jobs they were sending to her. She stopped on one about an android. Yeah, she could do this one, but wouldn't the android get aggressive against her? You know, like "Oh, so you're siding with the humans again" type thing. She sighed, accepting the job.
     At this point, she thought of her father and that android. Neither of them deserved death, but here she was: Family-less and mourning. She turned the terminal off, picking the leash up and her cup. "Come Alger." The android dog followed after as she left the building. She stopped before running I to Hank.
     "Where are you off to, Y/n?" He asked, his head tilted slightly. She gave a worn down smile, taking a sip of her tea.
     "I'm going to get another druggie. This time, an android." He took a moment to look her over, making her feel fidgety and nervous.
     "You've been working hard ever since you got back, kid. You look like you hardly get sleep." She looked off to the side, then back to Hank.
     "How's Sumo? I haven't had time to stop by like I said I was going to." He shook his head, glaring at her now.
     "Don't fucking change the subject." She looked to the ground with a sigh.
     "No, I haven't slept for a while. Yes, I've been working harder. Only because I still wanna work, okay? I have these smaller jobs so I have to work more so I can be called a good cop." She gave a strained smile which quickly fell as she went to take a sip of her disguised choice of drink.
     "You need a break. I'll call Ancil-"
     "No! Let me just do this at one, okay? I can do it, I promise." He stared at her, shaking his head.
     "I'll take you there. I'm sure Fowler wouldn't mind." She wavered slighty before looking back up to him.
     "He's acting mean today, something happened. I'm sure he wants you in and doing your own job. I'll be fine, Hank. Promise." He sighed, holding a finger up.
     "I'll go speak to him." She watched as he left, sighing. She took another sip of the tea with a yawn.
     "Officer?" She looked slowly over to Connor, too tired to give a proper scared reaction. Though, she did quickly look down as her face turned as red as a tomato.
     "C-Connor. Hi," she whispered, staring at her cup.
     "Your health is..."
     "Fine," she quickly said, looking up with a smile. "I'll get sleep after this job. I already promised Hank, okay?" He began to grow hot, so he turned his inner fan on.
     "Y/n, I believe you should rest now." She shook her head definitely with a yawn.
     "I already accepted this job, though."
     "Anything a cop does is risky. You could get seriously hurt, Y/n. And we need you to be okay." She tapped on the coffee cup, giving a sigh.
     "Fine. I have to tell Hank that we aren't going." She went to turn back, stopping when the android placed a hand on her shoulder.
     "I'll tell him. You can wait in the lieutenant's car." She hesitated, then did as she was told. The pups followed her, laying in her lap and dozing off. She had followed suit, leaning her head on the backseat window and falling unconscious.

     "Officer. Wake up officer!" She opened her eyes, only to shut them quickly due to the light.
     "Connor," she whined, rubbing her eyes.
     "Sorry, officer." He moved in the area the light was hitting, helping her out. "We've brought you home."
     "Thanks," she mumbled, limply grabbing the leash to Sir and stumbling as she was helped. The leashed was gently plucked from her hand. She didn't complain and only trudge on sleepily. Hank had exited the car, getting the android dog out as well. He carried it to the door, knocking on it since Connor was still approaching. Ancil opened the contraption, glancing around. His eyes landed on Y/n and Connor, shock making him move.
     "What the hell happend?" Hank glanced to Ancil, sticking a hand out to stop him.
     "She's just been working herself too hard since joining back. She needs a rest." Ancil nodded, letting them in.
     "I haven't seen her since she went back. I haven't been able to talk to her either. She only comes around three in the morning to shower and head out again," he sighed, sinking into the couch. Connor led the female up the steps after unleashing her dog.
     "I thought she'd at least come back to sleep or something," Hank mumbled.
     "No. She wants to be a better cop. Ever since she realized she freed the androids, she wanted to treat them the same. Every time she took down a human, she'd have to take down an android. Then the androids complained, so she took down another human. Then, the humans would complain. She's been going nonstop and I don't know how to get it to stop," he sighed, placing his head in his hands.
     Hank pat his back, looking back to the steps. Connor had to pick her up to carry her since she fell asleep on the way. "I'm sure if I left Connor to look after her, she'd be fine." Ancil shot a glance to him, shaking his head.
     "No. No, no, no. He sleeps with you Hank. Last I checked, I didn't need a high tech boy keeping watch over her."
     "Then you had Delaney. He spent more time with her since he was at the DPD. He knew how to handle her more, Ancil. I'm sure Connor wouldn't mind spending a few nights here to watch over her." He looked to the Frenchman, seeing his reluctance to step down. Then, a sigh escaped the male looked down.
     "Alright. Fine. But we have to run it by them both first. Y/n doesn't like changes made without her input." It might have sounded selfish, but it was only because she hated moving away. She hated when her dad and that android died. All because they wouldn't listen to her.

     Y/n mumbled a goodnight, wrapping the blanket closer around her. Connor stared down at her for a while longer, scanning over her.

Y/n Denbrough
Friend
Age: 21

     He nodded before heading down the stairs. "She's asleep, Ancil." They looked back, Ancil giving a sigh.
     "As much as I hate it, I need to speak to her. Connor, Hank will, you know, speak to you." Ancil left, walking slowly up the stairs as if to not wake her up. Connor looked to Hank, his led flashing yellow.
     "What is it, Lieutenant?" Hank sighed and stood up.
     "You'll be staying here a few days with Y/n. She's been doing this for a while now apparently." Connor's led then went red before blue.
     "What about the missions?" Hank waved his hand with another sigh.
     "I'll see what Fowler says about you, but right now, since the both of you seem close," at that point, Connor's inner fan had kicked on once more. "We'll need you to help her." Connor then nodded. "That is if she agrees to it," he sighed, crossing his arms.