Ch. 8

The h/c female jolted awake, screaming. She grabbed her pillow, shoving her face into it. That deviant. He didn't deserve it. No android did.
     Then again, her father didn't deserve it either. The flashbacks grew more and more on her. Ancil rushed in, Delaney following behind. "What is it, mon ami?!"
     She looked up to him, tears rushing down her face. "Dad...android...I-I," she slammed her face into the pillow before she screamed in fear once more.
     Ancil looked back at Delaney, but he was already gone. Herbal tea. The best for her at the moment. "You shouldn't force yourself to work on this case. Please, ami, quit. For a little while, at least. S'il vous plaît?"
     She dropped the pillow, hugging onto her French friend. "A-alright..."
     "Merci, mon ami. Merci," he whispered, then kissed the top of her head. Delaney opened the door slowly, listening to the satisfying creak sound.
     "Here is yer tea, mo chara." She shakily took it, putting it against her lips. The sound of the the wind and the cup clinking against the small plate could be heard, making her relax a little.
     "Maybe we should get you to take a vacation? Maybe to Delaney' home country? Or perhaps mine? We'll let you choose, le sucre." She smiled faintly, slowly nodding.
     "Can we leave tomorrow? I'd very much like to see both of your home countries. And, can we tell Hank? And Sumo, too? Can I take Alger and Sir with?" Her voice out as shaky, and mostly strained.
     "Yes, yes, yes, and yes. Anything to take your mind off of things, mon ami." Ancil hugged her, standing up. "I'll get tickets to Ireland. France can wait," he smiled, kissing Delaney's cheek. Delaney sat by Y/n, patting her back.
     She just unsteadily drank the tea, tears still falling. "Can I visit the DPD before I leave? I just wanna see Hank's face when he hears it," she chuckled. But, the chuckle wasn't real.
     "Aye. Fair enough. I'll tell Ancil. Ye good by yerself?" She nodded, watching as he left her. She looked around the pale blue and pale f/c, giving a small sneeze (Just imagine a human giving a small kitten sneeze 😊). She looked over to the tableside, smiling at the picture of her family.
     Dad was attacked by a deviant upon arriving here. Her mother never moved here, but she got the news of the heart problems. Heart attack...and her brother? He was living somewhere in California. He spent his time with the gang he was involved with. Sister? She died in a car crash.
     Last thing the h/c headed girl remembered of her...she had told her that is was a bad idea. She had always been like that.
     She always gave off hints if something wasn't right. If something terrible would happen. But...near the androids, that went full. On the plus, she still had that sense. That weird sense. You could call it the seventh sense, since the sixth was seeing dead people.
     How else did she get a place on the team? Plus, she was able to seduce answers out of anything. Something her sister taught her. Her brother taught her to stay innocent. It was enjoyable how much he loved the innocent ones.
     He wanted to join the gang to show her what not to do. But, he was trapped there. Doing lord knows what. He wanted to destroy all evil, suddenly. Told her to always stay innocent. Only use seduction as a way of getting out of dangers. He would always be there to help her.
     She laid back down, eventually falling asleep happily.

     "What the fuck?!" She cringed back, covering her ears. "A vacation? What the actual fuck, Y/n?" She looked up at the elder, smiling faintly. But, it wasn't real.
     "Y-yeah...I'm leaving today...but, I'll come back, promise! Can you tell Sumo that I'm leaving, too?"
     "Leaving?" Connot appeared, coffee in hand. The female shouted, hiding behind Hank. She peeked out, eyeing Connor. She wouldn't admit it, but she'd like to see him go deviant. Not this...expressionless bastard. "Where would you be heading, Officer Y/n? And, don't you have to work with Hank and I?"
     "N-no...I-I....y-you see...I..." Delaney shoved her behind him, expressionless face drawn on.
     "What she needs is some time to erself. She's been waking up with terrors unimaginable running aroun that head of ers." Connor's LED flashed red, then returned to yellow.
     "Terrors?" Y/n was already blushing and pulling on Delaney to stop. Connor looked to her, his LED flashing red. "Who has been terrorizing her?"
     "No one. Just past memories," a French accent piped in, drawing everybody's attention. Y/n quickly gave a small, fake, smile, running up to her friend.
     "Ancil!" He chuckled at her actions, holding her against his chest. He ruffled her hair, looking up to Delaney, Connor, and Hank.
     "Fowler said we can leave now, mon amour. Just as soon as she gets to one more investigation spot. Please, be careful, le sucre." He kissed the top of her head, looking back up. He caught the quick color change of Connor's LED. "Delaney, please do be a dear and go with. Fowler said it would be quite alright, mon amour." Delaney nodded, grabbing Y/n's hand and leading her out.
     Hank walked past, giving a hello and goodbye when he passed. Ancil stopped Connor, looking him in the eye. "What do you want with Y/n?"
     "What do you mean?" Connor tilted his head, his LED staying yellow.
     "I saw it change red when I kissed the top of her head," he pointed to the LED, anger growing ever so slightly. "Plus, I've seen you stare at her and watched that glowy thing change quite a lot around her. Do you like her?"
     Ouch. Straight to the point, eh? Connor's LED flashed red, then returned to blue. "No. I am not deviant. I do not feel like towards her."
     This was all good for Ancil to hear. For, this salty French boi recorded it. He turned his device off, eyeing Connor. "You stay away from Y/n. Even on missions. I can't handle her crying about one of those...fuck dolls bought for the DPD." He marched away, leaving a confused Connor in his wake.