Ch. 6

((Just make the suit fully black.))

     Y/n took a quick sip of water, then shakily put it back on the table. Yep. She was quilt tripped. Not a nice thing for her. After he comforted her and calmed her down, she felt wrong for leaving him.
    But, she wasn't too happy. She was still crying. Just a little. "Anyways, why do you not like people grabbing your wrist?"
     She wiped away a few tears, taking another sip of water. "My friend Tiffany was the last to grip my wrist with enough courage of a dying cat. A car ran over her foot and she had to head to the hospital. They put her up for the brain surgery instead of helping her foot. She didn't make it," she whispered, drinking more of the water.
     Gavin sighed, leaning back in his chair. "How are you able to build confidence to take your shirt off and sexually talk to criminals but you can't talk to co-workers?"
     "Because I know I shouldn't care about the criminals. My co-workers judge. I have to suffer the judgement until I retire," she glanced to him, then quickly looked away.
     Connor had stopped at Gavin's home, looking around. "She went willingly..." he raised his hand, then quickly lowered it. He heard a small sob, then a loud squeal. He quickly knocked, and he could hear Y/n's scream. Gavin opened the door, looking at Connor.
     "What do you want, plastic prick?"
     "Delaney sent me to retrieve Y/n." She poked her head out from behind Gavin, then looked away. He looked back at Y/n, then to the android once more.
     "I don't think she wants to go with you. After all, you did touch that picture and said trust was a mere nothing." Y/n sadly lowered her head, hugging herself. Software instability. 
     "Y/n..." Gavin growled under his breath, feeling as she gripped the back of his coat. "Hey, I...was just saying that to be...what you humans call...funny?"
     She took a sharp breath, looking at the android with glassy eyes. "That wasn't funny...plus, you're just an android." She stepped out of the house, looking up at the male robot. "We all know androids can't feel emotions," she replied rather coldly. She marched away from the two, hugging herself for warmth.
     The android watched her leave, listening as the door was slammed in his face. Small snowflakes made it into her hair, never fading away. Software instability. "Officer Y/n, wait! I...I could explain!" She glanced back, then smiled.
     "Catch me first!"
     "But! You'll get sick in this weather!" But, she didn't listen. She ran, heading for Ancil's home. "Officer!"
     Y/n placed her hands on a trashcan, launching herself over it. She listened as it fell down, but she didn't look back. She swerved, leaning her body to the right a little bit. It was like a game of limbo. Some good old Matrix, too. "Holy hell!" That was her shout when she leaped over couple sitting on a bench. She laughed it off, quickly stealing a ride from a nearby taxi. All she had to do was hop on the top. Software instability.
     All he could do was watch, mesmerized, by her hair. She looked happy and calm. She hopped off, rolling and jumping back up. She hopped over her fence, then ran inside. Connor was short of beating her new record. "Ha! Now, you can't explain, and I win!" Ancil rushed out from the kitchen, picking Y/n up and hugging her tightly.
     "You had me worried, mon ami. Don't do that ever again." She hugged back, tears slowly exiting her eyes.
     "I promise, Anicl. Only if get to continue working."
     "Fine." She smiled, hugging him tighter.
     "Officer, lieutenant. We need to head to a nearby investigation."
     "Alright, fucking android," Hank grunted, lifting himself off the couch.
     "Hank is driving no where. He has had too many of my beers. Y/n, you just be careful." She nodded, then walked to the door.
     "Send me the address! I'm walking!"
     "Officer Y/n! Your temperature-" She was already off.
     "She's impossible to speak to when her one track mind is running."
     "Aye, Hank. Let yer android take ye to the place. We don't need ye dying on Y/n."
     Y/n leaped over a pit, looking down at the androids. She stopped, looking a around. Her eyes moved over to her watch, looking at the address. She was already in front of the place. Police were scattered here and there, but she stood on the sidelines. "You got the call, too?"
     She looked at Gavin, nodding slowly. "It's too cold for my normal tricks..."
     "What's that supposed to mean?"
     She took her jacket off, then removed her pants. Underneath was tighter clothes, making the officer look her up and down. She moved forward, her sneakers pounding on the ground with new found courage.
     Connor stopped the vehicle, watching as Gavin took her clothes and followed. Software instability.  His LED flashed red, then went to yellow. When did she tear her clothes off?
     He began to overheat, turning his inner fan on. "Come on, lieutenant." He quickly exited the vehicle, then entered the house. He spotted Y/n, looking away when he saw her in the tight outfit. Wouldn't she get sick?
     She walked past him, looking at the dead body close to the door. "Couldn't have gotten far," she muttered to herself, turning to a detective. "Call your members back. I might be able to coax it out."
     "Ma'am, I-"
     She grabbed onto the collar of his shirt, pulling him close to her. "I will get you fired if you don't. This is a life or death situation, sir. Now, call them back. Drive a half a block away. When I say, come back."
     "What do you mean say?"
     "You'll know later, detective," she whispered, letting him go and pulling gloves onto her hands.
     Everybody left, except Connor and Hank. "Hank. Take Connor a little past a half blocks away. Thank you." The elder, confused, did as told while grumbling.
     "Come on, Connor."
     "We can't leave her by herself," he replied, turning his head to her.
     "Oh, come on. Don't tell me you like her."
     "No, lieutenant. It's not that," he returned to look at Hank, getting pulled out by the man. When every had gone, she sighed, a placing a hand on her head.
     "Hey! It's okay now!" She gave it her best confident voice. Then, it faltered. "D...do you not like...me?" She bit her tongue, allowing a few tears to fall.
     "No! I mean-" she laughed, cutting it off.
     "What's your name," she sniffled, wiping away her tears. It popped its head out of the roof, smiling down at her.
     "Just call me Oculi Chao. And...aren't you a deviant hunter?" His face a pale blue color. I smiled, walking up to be under him.
     "I'd rather take you home before taking you down to that place full of...humans," she whispered humans with true hatred. "Come. I made they were far gone. I can treat you to some repairing before heading home. I know somebody, trust me."
     He slowly dropped down, looking her up and down. She smiled, actually happy with this one. He was a smol baby. She hugged him, earning a darker blue face. She latched onto his hand, then led him away. She turned the microphone on the watch on, watching as it connected to the detective's watch.
     "Wanna head home?"
     "I...I..." she smiled up to him, listening as the sirens approached. His eyes grew wide as he tried to hide behind the female.
     "Good job, Officer Y/n."
     "Thanks! But, I'd like to stick around with him."
     "Why?" She looked to the other android, looking away.
     "He's...cute," she said, grabbing his arm. "No need to be afraid. If they hurt you, I'll end them! I might be a shy person, but I'd always stay loyal and deadly for my friends," she chirped, hugging him.
     Software instability. Connor's LED flashed red, and his face contorted to one of anger and disgust. He quickly wiped it off, feeling as the female hugged him. She waved off to the other officers, taking Oculi's hand. "We'll walk."
     "You need a coat or something, Officer Y/n. Here, let me join you and you can take mine." She looked back to Connor, her eyes holding happiness in them.
     "You don't have to join, Connor!" She spun back around, walking off. Connor joined, handing her his coat.