Ch. 18

((Gonna get a little triggering, sorry!))
     Y/n had sat in an alleyway, panting. She ran miles just to leave them behind. She glanced around, the took her watch off. She stomped on it, listening as it broke. The glass shattering made tears fall. Just a few more moments, and she'd be out of Detroit. "Away from Shane," she choked out in a whisper, shakily taking a few more steps.
     "Ah, ma'am!" She looked back, watching as a female approached her. Her short, white hair moving slightly. Behind her was a little girl, making the female choke back a sob and smile.
     "Y-yeah?" She smiled, stopping. The little girl looked up to Y/n, but she only smiled down to her.
     "Can you help us? We need a place to stay the night, and-"
     "Hey. F-follow me," Y/n waved to her, smiling. "I know a place. I was about to head there. I wanted to...hide for a while." She nodded, then allowed her to lead the way.
     They stopped at an abandoned house, and she gave them a warm smile. "Welcome to my hideout. Police couldn't find deviants here if they tried. Couldn't even find me," Y/n chuckled, moving forward.
     "Is it warm?" That little girl could make an android change, can't she? Y/n smiled, nodding.
     "I had some left over money, so I paid off some electricity here and there. I have a fireplace that we can light up. There is a bed you two could share. Top floor, turn left. Should be the door at the end of the hall." I smiled back at them, opening a window. "Sorry we can't use the door. I hammered boards to keep people out."
     The grown woman helped the child in, then slid in herself. After a while, Y/n hopped in, closing the door. I
She looked to the fireplace, grabbing a match, lighting it, and throwing it in. The fire started and she smiled. "Stay here as long as you wish-"
     "Kara. And this is Alice." I nodded, looking to the window.
     "There is food in the kitchen. Enjoy," Y/n whispered, moving back to the window.
     "Where are you going?" She looked back, her smile faltering.
     "I'm leaving to find deviants." She hopped out, closing the window. Y/n pocketed her hands in her jeans, heading to Jericho. But, she stopped. What if they didn't want her? A tear slid down her cheek and she turned a different way.
     She decided that she's leaving Detroit. Reason: they don't want her. Her mind wondered to all places. They'd be happier. But Connor. He doesn't love her. It was a lie. He can't be deviant. He has to catch deviants. And Jericho?
     They were only tolerating her. She scoffed, running a hand through her hair. Why did she believe they did? She looked at the flower on the ground, the cross sticking out of the cement. "Dad..."
      She sat down, her tears staining the cement. "Dad, I'm sorry. If I had...if only you were here, dad!" She hugged herself, biting her lip. She quickly stood up, wiping away her tears. Then, she moved away. She couldn't stay in one spot. Then, she stopped. There, appearing out of the shadows, was Markus and Shane.
     She ran, twisting her ankle. But, she continued on. She honestly didn't care. "There! Shane!" She squealed, turning a corner and lifting myself onto a fire escape. She looked down, watching as they turned.
     "Y/n!" Her heart skipped a beat, but she still stood still.
     "W-what?!" Shane stopped, stopping Markus.
     "Listen. I'm only doing it for-"
     "Shut up!" Tears streamed down her face, and my knees wobbled. "I don't want to leave, Shane! I don't want to forget you either! I want to see you, and laugh with you! Just because dad is dead, doesn't mean you get to hold onto me like I'm a pampered pup!"
     "This isn't about dad! I don't want you here with androids!" Markus glanced to him, and she grabbed the nearest object; a rusty pipe. She pointed it at Shane, wiping away the tears.
     "Then who is it about?! You?! The gang you're in?!" Shane but the lip ring, twisting it around. "And you dragged Markus in this!" She pointed the pipe to Markus, the tears threatening to fall once more.
     "Y/n, please. Come down here. Look, we aren't going to hurt you." Markus stepped forward, his voice soothing her nerves. She smiled weakly, placing the pipe down.
     "As long as Shane isn't taking me away, I'll get down," she whispered, shakily placing her hand on the rail. The smile still stood. Shane sighed, nodding.
     "Fine. I won't. But I'm leaving. The gang still needs me." She frowned, hopping down.
     She looked to Markus, then looked away with a blush. She coughed, then moved closer. She gave Shane a hug, flinching back. The thoughts from earlier roamed in her head, and she backed away from the. Why was she listening to them?
     Her heart beat rapidly, and she looked for escape routes. Markus cocked a brow, glancing to Shane, then looking at Y/n. "What's wrong?" She looked up to him, eyes wide. She backed up, biting her tongue.
     "N-nothing," she whispered, a tear sliding down her cheek.
     "Another episode," Shane mumbled, moving to her. When he did, she launched off. She wasn't waiting for them. That much was clear. She ran into Connor, falling back. She looked up to him, her eyes wild and wide.
     "Y/n? What's the matter?" He tilted his head, scanning her. She jumped back up, dashing off the other way. She stopped, looking up at Shane and Markus. Trapped. That's the way she felt. She turned to the side, rushing across the road. She dodged car after car, making it to the other side.
     Markus had gone. He didn't want to be caught. Connor and Shane rushed after her, trying to get her to stop. Why would they want to? They didn't want her. Did they? Connor finally grabbed her, making her scream. She looked back to him, feeling his arms envelope her.
     Shane stopped by them, chuckling. Connor pulled away, looking into her eyes. "What happened?"
     "Why does it matter to you?!" Tears cascaded down her cheeks and her eyes tightly squeezed shut.
     "Because I care about you, Y/n." She flinched back, punching Connor's stomach.
     "Stop lying!" He felt hurt. Didn't she believe him? What happened with her and Shane. Why did she feel unloved by him?