Ch. 24

Y/n groggily sat up, holding her head. She grazed past the bandage, not knowing what it was. She groaned, listening as whispers emerged from a few rooms away. She swung her legs over the mattress, firmly placing her feet onto the ground. She fixed her f/c crop top, feeling as it was wrinkly and dry as if it had been wet. She heard a shuffle, then a groggy chuckle.
     "You're awake," he said, sitting by her. She looked to him, not being able to see a thing. Her vision was blurred from the sleep and from her wet eyes. She rubbed them, looking back to the person. Her face lit aflame when she found out it was Connor. He had his uniform on, the tie loose and the two buttons undone. His hair was...messy.
     "C-Connor," she whispered out, questioning placing a hand on his cheek. His face was highlighted blue, which made her face darken. He placed his hand on hers, leaning into her touch.
     "Yeah, I'm here. I've missed you, Y/n," he chuckled out, removing their hands from his cheek. "Come on, I bet the others would be happy to see you," he chuckled once more, not helping her fiery red face. He stood up, reaching out his hand. She slowly took his, allowing him to help her up.
     "How long was I out? Where a-are we, C-Connor?" she questioned, fear lacking her every word. He smirked down to her, making her jump and blush more.
      "I'd have to say you have been out for over a few weeks. Possibly even most of the month. We're at a church for the deviants to hide out at. Jericho...sank." She slowly nodded, taking a step to the door. She fell forward, her arms around her stomach. She yelled out, tears springing from her eyes. But, before she hit the ground, she was caught by Connor.
     "Be careful, Officer Y/n," he whispered in her ear, making her shudder. She was wondering what had happened when the memory hit her. She grabbed her head, touching her stomach. "Y/n," he repeated, making her swat at him.
     "I'm fine, Connor. I can...I can walk by my...myself," she muttered, taking another step. He picked her up, then began to walk. "Connor," she squeaked out, wrapping her arms around his neck. He chuckled, glancing down to her.
     "I have already contacted Hank. Ancil wouldn't pick up my calls, but Hank got through to him. Hank suggests you should see him." She slowly nodded, squirming. He placed her down gently, a hand remaining on her shoulder to help her. She scanned the room, spotting Markus. Her heart skipped a beat, and she gave the faintest of smiles she could ever muster.
     She ran forward, ignoring the pain. Connor yelled for her, chasing her down through the crowd of androids. Markus turned back, confused and amused at Y/n. She lunged at him, hugging onto him tightly. "Markus," she whispered, tears falling. "I thought Connor would have killed you! O-or the other humans would have! Markus-" he pat her head, cutting her off.
      "I thought we had lost you, too, Y/n," he whispered back, his voice low and sincere. Tears fell faster and her face turned bright red. She hugged him once more before crumpling into his arms. Her vision was becoming blurry and the noises were slightly off.
     "Y/n!" Connor shouted, slowing down. She glanced down to her shirt, watching as blood leaked out.
     "Can you tell Hank to bring Sumo? And can you tell Ancil and Delaney to bring some of their tea? That'd be nice," she whispered, falling out of consciousness. Connor looked to Markus, sharing his concerned and sad gaze.
     Markus had spoken to Connor, allowing him to head off to the Cyberlife tower. Once he left, he got Josh and Simon to take Y/n to her "room".

     Ancil stopped at the place the ship was, dissappointed. Shane cursed, kicking the nearest rock into the water. He moved closer, making sure she hadn't drowned. He watched as red liquid mingled with the water, making him fear for his sister.
     Ancil looked in, growling. "Those androids!" he shouted, kicking Shane. Shane grabbed Ancil by the shoulders, holding him to the edge.
     "If it wasn't for you and that damned Irish freak, my sister would be here! You ruined her!" he yelled, inching Ancil closer to the edge. Ancil growled, but never said a thing. He watched as Hank appeared from behind, Sumo following. He stopped, seeing Shane and Ancil.
     "What are you two fucks doing?" he questioned, listening to Sumo pant behind him. Shane glanced back, pulling Ancil back up.
     "Nothing, Hank. Just trying to find my sister," he grumbled, glancing to Hank with hatred.
     "He tried to kill me!" Ancil slurred, pushing Shane away and moving to Hank. "What are you doing out and...and about?"
     "Connor just called. Told me to look for you and help and get you to Y/n..." he trailed off, looking to Shane. "Maybe without her fucking brother," he grumbled, making the male shoot his gaze to him.
     "Listen here-" Hank cut him off, making Shane frustrated.
     "Connor called for only us two. He knows that you're here, but he hadn't sent for you, Shane." Shane growled, moving up to Hank.
     "I will do whatever it takes to see her again!" he shouted, pointing at Hank. The lieutenant had held out his hand, stopping him.
     "If you go, they might..." Hank stopped, clearing his throat after a long silence.
     "I promised them I'd help them like she had promised them," he growled, taking a step back.
     "She promised what?" Hank questioned, glancing to Ancil. "Did you know?" Ancil shrugged, sighing.
     "At the moment, I remember nothing, mon ami." Hank sighed, looking to Shane.
     "You'll see her, but not now, Shane. Connor said she asked for us. We'll bring her back to you, okay?" Shane sighed, glaring at Ancil.
     "Fine. Make sure she's safe," and he walked off, his chain (on his beltloops) jingling. Hank sighed, looking to Sumo. He looked back up to the lieutenant, panting and wagging his tail happily.

     Y/n snapped awake, feeling the wet tongue caress her face. "Hey!" She snapped her attention to Sumo. "Sumo!" she squealed, hugging onto the St. Bernard.
     "Hey, kid. How are you feeling?" She looked up to Hank, tears in her eyes. She jumped up, feeling arms quickly wrap around her waist. She hooked onto Hank's neck, happily hugging the elder. She felt as the gash in her stomach began to stretch, so she hesitantly let go.
     "How did you know I was here?" She looked up at him, forgetting the arms. Hank chuckled, giving her a small hug.
     "Connor told us where to find you. Honestly, Ancil and I thought you were gone, kid." Tears fell, and she gave a wider smile. She wiped away her tears. Touching her cut. Her arm slid past the hand, making her shudder. She looked behind her, looking at Connor.
     "Hank is correct. Ancil also thought you were gone, which sent him...into drinking more and being in a deep mental state." She nodded, looking to Ancil. She hopped off the mattress, moving to Ancil. Connor quickly moved next to her, one hand on her shoulder and the other holding onto her arm.
     "Y/n, mon ami," he whispered, hugging onto her.
     "You look terrible," she whispered back, tears falling once more. He pulled away, wiping away his tears.
     "Your brother didn't make it home. He'll be staying a while in Detroit. And Delaney-" he stopped himself, smiling sadly. Her heart tugged, and a frown appeared.
     "He...he's dead. Ancil...I...I killed him!" she shouted, grabbing at her hair. She pulled at it, squatting down and yelling. "If I didn't go with Shane, Delaney would be with you! You would be happier!" Ancil teared up, squatting down by her, he helped her up, hugging her tightly.
     "You're alive, and Delaney would love that. He loved you, mon ami. He told me we were lucky to have you. You were like his daughter, and he loved that. He loved you like his own kin. He enjoyed you smiling and...and laughing. He enjoyed you being happy," he whispered, squeezing his eyes shut. "Every time you wanted to hurt yourself and everytime you wanted to die, he wanted me to deal with you. He loved you too much. He couldn't let you see his tears of sadness and concern. He wanted you to be strong like him. And seeing him in tears wasn't a strong thing. He would never cry in front of you, mon amour. He loved you too much...too much." Y/n sobbed into his chest. Connor's LED was yellow, signaling he was confused and that he was taking in the information.
     "Ancil...thank you," she croaked out, squeezing onto him tighter. He chuckled sadly, pulling away.
     "Shane's wanting to take you with him, mon amour." She pushed away, stumbling back. Connor caught her, glaring at Ancil.
     "I won't let him," he growled, hugging onto Y/n tightly.
     "I know, but she doesn't have a choice. He'll take her by force."
     "And I won't let him," she whispered. "Even if it means I'll or he'll die, I won't let him take me."