Ch. 16

They arrived home, and Y/n was quite eager to take Shane around the house. Her brother only chuckled at her, happy to at least have an innocent family member left over. Connor didn't feel too happy about it. He felt replaced, which hurt him. "Wait till you see. Alger and Sir!" she squealed before entering the home.
     "That's what she used to be before deviants," Ancil whispered, beside Connor. His arms were crossed and his eyes on the building.
     "About the deviants," Connor started, his LED flashing yellow. "What caused her to be scared of all androids when it was only that one?"
     "She's scared. She didn't want the android to pass, but the same was with her father. Even though that android hurt her by taking her father, she still wanted it to be free. But, that day scars her. She doesn't just hate androids, she hates people as well. Nobody was there to help her father live." He sighed, looking at the window that Y/n was waving out of. "She only joined the Detroit Police because she wants people to feel...safe. If she has the chance, she'll leave the DPD. She'll help the deviants. That's the day Delaney and I fear the most."
     "Why would help them?"
     "She wants everyone to feel safe. Even the androids." Connor nodded, his LED returning to its natural blue hue. Ancil and Delaney had began to move to the house leaving Connor. He looked back, wondering if he should still be here.
     "Connor!" the female squealed, leaning halfway out the window. Second floor. So many dangers there. Shane quickly rushed, grabbing a hold of her, sighing when he had caught her. "Connor, join us!" She went back through the window, grabbing Shane's hand.
     "You could have hurt yourself," her brother growled, making her flinch back.
     "I'm sorry, Shane. I didn't want Connor to feel lonely," she whispered, tears filling her eyes up quickly. He sighed, hugging his younger sister. He, on the other hand, wanted Connor gone. He didn't forgive android for his father's death.
     "Y/n?" She jumped, running to the second floor to see Connor. Joy and happiness radiated from her, making Delaney and Ancil happy. Shane was also giving his best smile.
     "Connor! Connor! Shane wants to know something!" She turned back, grabbing Shane's hand and making him walk faster.
     "Alright, alright. So, you are Connor? The android robot thing she has been speaking of?" Speaking of? For how long? He glanced to the males sister, then back to Shane.
     "That is correct."
     "So lifeless. Expressionless," he muttered to himself. He looked to Y/n, raising his peirced brow, smirking. "Why is it that you-" She cut him off, holding her hands against his mouth.
     "H-how about we go s-see Hank! A-and Sumo!" She grabbed his hand, dragging him out of the house. Ancil sighed, shaking his head. Even though seeing fall for someone made him happy, he was dissappointed it had to be an android.
     "Go on, ami. Follow them. I don't trust Shane, even though he's her brother." Connor nodded, rushing out to get them.

     She knocked on Hank's door, then pressed the doorbell. She held it there until Hank opened the door, grumbling. "Who the fuck is it?" He looked at Shane, then Y/n. "What the fuck is this?"
     "This is Shane! My brother! Shane! This is Hank! I help him on the deviant investigations! Hank's nice when you know him!" Sumo barked, nosing his way out the door to see why they were yelling. "Sumo!" she squealed, patting his head. She squat down, messing with the big bean.
     "She's said things about you. Nove things, don't worry."
     "I wasn't." Shane chuckled, watching as his sister squirmed her way inside the house between Hank's legs. "What the fuck, kid?"
     "It's okay! I'm just playing with Sumo!" She smiled, hugging onto the dog. Connor smiled, amused at her cute antics. Shane sighed, shaking his head.
     "I'll get her," he muttered, looking over Hank's shoulder. "Y/n! Come on, we have to head back to Ancil's place!" She looked back, pouting.
     "But...Sumo..." she looked back at the big boy, patting his head. "Bye, boy. I'll see you later," she muttered, hopping up. "Bye Hank!" she squealed, leaving. He waved back, a small smile etched on his face.
     "Connor, go check and see if Ancil has the...stuff ready." His LED flashed yellow, and he cocked a brow.
     "Stuff?"
     "Go ahead, Y/n. I'll catch up." She nodded, rushing off to the store she was going to show to Shane. He looked tot he android after she went inside. "It's her birthday. Ancil and Delaney are getting the stuff up. Cake, decorations. All that good shit. I want you to see if it's good to bring her back. Come report back to me when you're finished." Connor nodded, his LED yellow while obtaining the information.

     She stopped, staring into Shane's eyes. "I need to show you something...important. But, do not tell the police. Not even Ancil and Connor should know."
     "Alright." She smiled once more, grabbing his hand and rushing to the boat that held her other crush.
     She stopped, staring up at it like a kid looking defianitely into their mother's eyes. "This is Jericho. Home to deviants. And nobody but deviants and us know about it. I wanna keep it that way."
     "Why are we here?"
     "I want Markus to meet you!" she squealed, grabbing his hand and running in. "H-hey! E-everybody, this is Sh-Shane!" They all muttered out a welcome, and she smiled. "H-has anybody seen Markus?!"
     Josh approached, smiling. "Yeah, come on. I'll take you to him." She grabbed onto his hand, still holding Shane's. She blushed when Josh lightly gripped her hand, leading them to his leader.
     "Y/n?" She squealed, running up and hugging Markus.
     "Look! I brought my brother! He can help you! Can't you?!" Shane's hands went numb. How did she know of his doings? He cleared his throat, cocking a brow.
     "Yeah, and? Deviants killed our father, Y/n."
     "But not them! T-they're nice! If they weren't we'd be dead by now! I wouldn't have seen you today..." she whispered, holding onto the wound. No, not better. It was worse. She hadn't cleaned it in days.
     She'd have to remember to get Connor to help her. Or even momma Ancil. "What happened to your arm?"
     "I joined them. I wanted them to be safe, Shane. Unfortunately, a soldier shot my arm. They realized I was human when my blood mingled with the blue blood. I saved most of them, Shane! And I'm proud!" She placed her hands on her hips, smiling. "Please, join us, brother! I'd be sad if you didn't... "
     "Alright. I'll help the revolution thing. But I won't be happy about it." She hugged him, turning to Markus. She snapped her fingers, handing the leader the backpack.
     "I brought extra bicomponents and blue blood. Plus, I made those costumes you wanted me to get." Markus nodded, taking the bag gently. Their hands brushed against each other, and she blushed deeply.
     "Thank you."
     "As Ancil say, Il n'ya pas de quoi," she said, bowing to hide the blush.