Ch. 12

For Ancil's home place? Well, we stayed at Dordogne. A beautiful place. She sat on the porch, what she always seems to do when she's home. Instead of her usual herbal tea, she had some Oolong tea. Ancil took a seat by her, sighing. "Sorry if you were expecting Paris."
     "No, this is good. But, can we go there?" Ancil laughed, nodding.
     "Train or car? Five hours or six?"
     "Car!" she squealed, hopping up. Ancil chuckled, rising up.
     "Alright. I'll see if Delaney wants to join," he calmly stated, hugging her. She hugged back, pulling away so he could ask Delaney.
     She sat alone, sighing happily. Connor had went back to Detroit Something about a tower and deviants. That night she couldn't sleep. They left for France after four weeks in Ireland. Nico was sad to see them go, bit didn't fight their decision.
     Delaney happily let Nico stay there for as long as he wanted. That is, if he didn't destroy his home. The pups were yapping inside, not allowed to head out. She didn't want to loose them.
Especially Alger.
     It didn't look like Detroit, but there were still some androids roaming about. But, no dog ones. Alger was a danger to this place. She sat the tea down, enjoying the breeze. Her mind was free of androids and deviants.
     Even Connor was free from her mind. She glanced down to her watch, smiling at the messages sent by Hank. She wanted to stay updated on Sumo. She had grabbed a few dog treats while at Ireland. She grabbed some more on her way to Dordogne, too. Of course, she gave Sir some.
     'Sumo's just happy to hear you're coming back soon.' She smiled to herself, turning that watch off. It had a small crack from where she threw it, but other then that, it was fine. Ancil came back out, smiling. "Let's go, mon ami." She hopped up, running inside and grabbing her coat.
     "We'll be back, Alger! And you too, Sir!" She hopped into the backseat, buckling up. She's never been to Paris, but her father said it was beautiful there.

     After Paris, they came back home. Y/n fell asleep on the couch, Alger and Sir laying on her back sleeping. Ancil kissed the top of her head, glancing to her watch when it glowed. Connor's name was displayed. He dismissed the call, the the watch off her.
     Ancil, being a mother at the moment, stores the watch away. He wanted her rest peacefully. He headed upstairs, watching Delaney fix a stack of books. "You think she'll do better at Detroit after this?"
     "Aye, grá, she has that Connor." Ancil sighed, sitting on the bed. 
     "But he's an android. There's no way he could make her that happy." Delaney shrugged, turning to look at the salty French man.
     "Ye just don't know that yet." Ancil shook his head, laying back.
     "She said that Thomas kid made her happy. He's an android made to catch deviants! He can't be a deviant himself. What would happen if he was? Wouldn't she be scared? A deviant killed her father, Delaney!" Everything went silent. "I don't want her getting hurt again. Back in high school...she tried taking her life. I can't let that happen again."
     "Why? Why take er own life?"
     "She knew something bad was going to happen. And she was right. Stephanie was the first person in her life to disappear, Delaney."
     "She' be fine with that android goin deviant." Delaney sat next to Ancil, killing the top of his head. "Don't worry yer head, grá."

     "Sumo!" The female hugged onto the big dog, patting head. He panted, wagging his tail. "I brought snacks, buddy!" Hank stood in the doorway, drinking his alcoholic beverage. She handed Sumo the Irish treats, then the French treats.
     "Well, kid. You feeling any better?"
     "Define better." He cocked a brow, standing straight. "Yes, Hank! I feel better! A little mind clearing is all it took." He smiled, nodding.
     But, she didn't like arriving back in Detroit. That android...he was Carl's, she knew that much. She had run into him, fear clouding her senses.
     It was a gathering of androids. Peacefully protesting for their rights. She had stood in the way,  ot wanting them to hurt anyone. Plus, she was frozen to the spot. He stopped in front of her, looking down at her head. She slowly met his eyes, blushing and looking away. "P-please...don't h-hurt anybody," she managed to croak out, her eyes filling with tears.
     He said he couldn't keep the promise, but he also didn't harm anybody. Three other leading figures appeared by his side, making her back a little.
      North, Josh, and Simon. Josh was nice. Simon, he made her think of her dad. And North. Stephanie would like her. She reminded her of Stephanie. She even tilted her head, and asked, "Stephanie?"
     Looked like she got off on the wrong foot with North, but when  she offered to join them, North seemed to grow on her a little. So, Y/n stood behind Markus with Simon and Josh, glancing to the soldiers. Of course, Y/n got shot. But, it was just in the arm.
     Red blood mingled with the blue blood, and that was what made them stop shooting. Tears filled Y/n's eyes, but no sob escaped her mouth. "Filfthy rats," she croaked, wiping the tears off and smudging blood under her eyes.
     "Weapons down! There's a hostage," one informed a other.
     "I...but I'm not..."
     "She is no hostage! She willingly followed us, out of fear that anybody will get hurt!" He glanced back to a few of the fallen androids. He looked back to Officer Y/n, locking eyes with her. She blushed, looking away. She then took a few steps forward, moving in front of Markus.
     "Are you filfthy rats going to kill innocent deviants?! Where were you before?!" Everything went silent, then she moved forward once more. "My father died because of your absence! But now?! Peaceful protesters?! What about no segregation?! The blacks versus whites?! You're willing to murder more people, why?!" Her voice was cracking, her eyes overflowing with tears.
     That was not a good morning. And, nobody will know of it unless she states she was there. Hank grumbled, sitting by her and Sumo. But, in a chair. "What happened to your arm?" She looked down to it, smiling.
     "I was busy! Unfortunately, I don't want my information leaked. Sorry, Hank. Maybe when...this android stuff is over?" He sighed, taking another sip of his beverage.
     "Fucking androids."