Ch. 31

Y/n walked the two dogs, Alger off leash, with Ancil. They enjoyed listening to the plenty of conversations between android and human. Some even had relationships, which was amazing. Even gay relationships, which made her happier. But when one went to say hi or approach them, she hid behind Ancil and almost cried. He had to have a quick explanation ready and they'd run off.
     They stopped at Hank's home, Y/n and the pups running up and knocking quickly. "Hank! Hank, hello!" She stopped, almost knocking against the male that opened the door. "Hank, hello!" He gave a small chuckle and opened the door. The pups ran in as did Y/n, they headed for the older dog, watching his tail wag quickly.
     "So, how are you feeling, kid?" She looked back, seeing Ancil shut the door and smile at the small group. She smiled to Hank, hopping off the floor and motioning with her hands.
     "Better! Oh, did you know androids are having relationships now? Even gay ones! I mean, it's nothing bad, I like it! Oh, they recognized me! But...I couldn't talk to them. I almost cried...oh! But hey, it was okay! They can talk to Markus!" He sat down, nodding.
     "Good to know you're doing okay." He mumbled, glancing towards Ancil as the male sat down. "Oh, sorry to say, kid, but Connor's staying her as well." She looked down, then looked up.
     "It's okay, Sumo can protect me. Isn't that right Sumo?" She asked, petting the dog's belly and laughing. Hank gave a soft scoff noise, looking to Ancil. The female played with the dogs, pulling out a few treats and handing them to Sir and Sumo.
     "Lieutenant, we-" he stopped, looking around the room. Y/n had scrabbled, finally launching at Ancil and trying to hide. He sighed and pat her back. Sir hopped up, happily yipping and wagging his tail at her. He thought it game, as did Alger. She took deep breaths, never shutting her eyes as stated at the crumpled up shirt in her hands.
     "What is it now, Connor?" He looked back, then stood up. 
     "You have another homicide to head to." The female glanced to Hank, then silently called for Alger.
     "We can leave. I just wanted to say hi to Sumo and let him see the pups," she croaked, her breathing still a little erratic.
     "Officer, you're blood pressure is rising." She buried her face into Ancil's shirt again. "Officer?"
     "She's upset right now, Connor," Ancil snapped, standing up and helping his friend. "We'll head on now and let you get on with your work, Hank." The elder looked to Ancil, nodding. Ancil had leashed Sir, helping Y/n out and making sure Alger followed. Before they left, Y/n heard Hank say something to Connor before they left. She decided she wanted to run, so Ancil allowed her to as long as she makes it home before him.
     She took off, hopping onto various cars and buses. She jumped over cans of trash and even had to hop over a fallen android or two. She stopped by the house, no pants heard and made her way inside the building.

Connor's POV
     I stepped outside of Hank's home, glancing around the area. I soon found Ancil, jogging to catch up with him. "Hello Ancil. Where did Officer Y/n go?" I asked, watching as he glared to me.
     "Ce ne sont pas tes affaires," he hissed, looking back ahead. I had to recognize his language, nodding to myself.
     "Je voudrais présenter mes excuses." He snapped his head towards me, stopping. The dog tugged, giving a small whimper before running around with the android dog.
     "How dare you speak in my language to me, fuck face! How dare you make her cry and make her happy! How dare you make her feel anything!" I stared at him, trying comprehend what he was saying. "Connor, she actually fucking cares for you, so when she looks at you she takes everything in."
     "I don't-"
     "She thinks you want to go back to the way things were before you met her. She believes you want to go back to being a cold piece of shit that does things only for the mission and not for other people." I looked around, then back to Ancil.
     "Where is she, Ancil?" He hesitated, giving a sigh and a string of colorful words.
     "At home. She's been there for a while now," he sighed. I nodded, looking back to Hank's home.
     "We can take you back while we head for the homicide scene." He glared, then shook his head.
     "I'm friends with Hank, but not you. Hank had it right in the beginning, some of you are still plastic pricks," he spat, continuing on his stroll. "Now leave her the fuck alone!"

3rd person POV
     The female sat on the couch, watching an episode of f/s (favorite show). It was her fa favorite episode when she was sad. It was too bad they had to stop making these shows since androids took over. Now, she regretted helping androids. Regretted being with the police. Regretted not going with her brother and regretted that Delaney had passed. Tears sprang forth, but she never wiped them away.
     She kept watching the episode, struggling through the sniffles and hiccups. Then, her favorite part of the episode came, making her smile. Making her feel better. She didn't know why she was like this, but she tried to stop. But she couldn't, which made her feel worse. She bit her tongue, smiling as the scene passed. Best part of the best episode of the best show.
     A knock was at the door, so she hopped up happily while brushing the tears away. She opened the door, seeing Hank stand there. "Hank? Is Ancil okay? Did he get hurt?" She began to fret, her tears coming back.
     "Kid, it isn't like that. He was happily walking your little dogs when we passed him." He pat her shoulder, reassuring her. She smiled and wiped the tears away, nodding.
     "Do you wanna come in? Or do you have to quickly get over to the homicide scene? Oh, you might have to do that now, but I can still visit and you can still visit! Though, I kinda don't wanna visit because of things...but I'll still go cause I like Sumo!" Hank chuckled at the woman's childish manner, nodding.
     "It's true that I have to go to the crime scene, but first, I'm sorry for this, Connot wants to apologize," he sighed. She had frozen, then shook her head.
     "Nononono, it isn't his fault! I'm just...stupid," she mumbled, looking away. Connor had stepped up at this point, wrapping her into a hug.
     "But you aren't, Officer. It was my fault for regretting some decisions that was made." She shakily stood there, more tears coming forth. She quickly hugged back while hiccupping, soon sobbing to herself. She quickly pulled away, aggressively wiping her tears away.
     "Hank should be going to the scene now, go on." She quickly shut the door, a small smile on her face though. She enjoyed the hug and seeing him, but there was something else that ate at her. She didn't know what it was, so she decided to just watch some more episodes of her show.