Ch. 28

Y/n stood with the rest of the police officers, a pout on her face. She still had her onesie on, mainly because it was a sudden request. Hank shook his head, sighing. "You're the best person we have so far. You can hear great lengths and run fast, kid. We need you."
     "Yeah, okay. I just wanted to scream Hakuna Matata lyrics with the gay animals, but fine," she sighed, marching forward.
     "Officer? What are you wearing?" She turned to Gavin, giving a small smile and small wave.
     "I was watching a movie with Ancil, but I have to get to work now!" She moved forward again, entering the household. The first place the android had been spotted. Other officers gave her an amused glance or a small, proud wave.
     "Y/n? Why are you here?" She turned, looking at Connor.
     "Work," she muttered, looking around. He glanced down the hall, meeting Hank's glance.
     "Lieutenant, what is she doing here? I'm able to work on this case and catch the deviant alone," he grumbled, approaching his partner. Hank gave a simple shrug, smirking.
     "We needed her, Connor. No offense, but some officers still wouldn't like to work on android cases with a plastic bastard by them." Y/n squealed, grabbing a knife.
     "DNA! If human blood was spilled, android blood was spilt!" She waved the knife, head sticking out of the cabinet.
     "Damn it, kid! You aren't supposed to be crawling around in cabinets!" She smiled, shrugging.
     "I dunno, it helps find stuff! Like this knife!" She gave a glance to Connor crawling out. "I'll keep doing it!" She walked off with the knife, letting her feelings take her around.
     "Lieutenant, you can send her home before she hurts herself." Hank scoffed at the android, rolling his eyes.
     "The faster this gets done, the better. Go scan the knife or whatever you do," he grumbled, heading back to discuss what had happened so far with another officer.
     Y/n stopped at a room, closing her eyes. She quickly opened it, smiling faintly. She stepped in, eyes remaining shut. "The human treated him like a human. No, more than that. The android was loved," she mumbled, sitting on the bed.
     "Officer Y/n, I-" Connor stopped himself, looking at the officer. She slowly laid back, throwing her arms above her head. "Y/n?"
     "Hm?" She hummed, opening her eyes. "Huh? O-oh!" She jumped, sitting up and looking at Connor. "Y-yeah?"
     "I came to inspect the knife," he informed, pointing at the object in her hand. She glanced down to it, quickly nodding.
     "O-oh, yeah! Yeah, h-here." She held the knife out, letting him take it. She quickly jumped up, leaving the room.
     "Uh, officer, I have a question."
     "Y-yeah?"  
     "What were you doing before I walked in?" She thought, shaking her head.
     "Nothing! Just, thinking o-of the m-mission!" She squeaked out, quickly leaving. "Hank!"
     "What is it, officer?" She smiled, grabbing onto his sleeve.
     "They were lovers! The android was attacked in bed! The human was on something or did something, so he went to the android, pinning him on the bed. He felt pressured and attacked!" She smiled, pointing back to the room. "You can still feel the emotions back there! Er, well, I could!" She pointed to herself, smiling.
     "I just need some time in the house alone! That way I can see if I can find anything else!" Hank chuckled, nodding.
     "The problem with that is Connor."
     "What's the issue with him?" Hank shrugged, sighing.
     "He insists he can do this. He didn't even want you coming in." The female slowly nodded, closing her eyes.
     "Just make sure I run into nobody!" Hank chuckled, crossing his arms.
     "Alright, kid." Y/n had stood there for a while, then walked to the kitchen. She stopped at the counter she found the knife under, pretending to pull it out of the block. She then turned to the bedroom, getting pulled back. She kept her eyes closed, letting whoever pass them.
     "Officer? Lieutenant? What are you doing?" Hank held a finger up to his mouth, pulling Connor off to the side. He let the female go, allowing her to follow whatever she was following. She quickly placed the air knife into her pocket, getting onto the bed. Or from what she saw, onto the android.
     After the android tried to get out from under her, she unpocketed the knife, holding it up. She rammed her clasped hands onto the bed, bringing them up slowly. As if something was pushing her hands away. "Officer? Hank what is she-"
     "He was just asleep! He was terrified when he woke up. He had a bad dream and the human wasn't helping him!" She looked to the two, then down to the bed. "He thought it was just him being playful, but the fear that washed over him...the fear the grew in his eyes. How could somebody do that to someone they love?"
     "Alright, kid. Thanks for your help. Now, all we have to do is locate the android."
     "Hank. I...that android's gone. He..." She pointed to the side, finally looking at the two once more.
     "He killed himself," Connor finished, nodding. "Yes, but that doesn't help explain all the other people he has-"
     "The same model took him! The same model came in, saw his friend, and whisked him away. He went under the identity of his friend to kill the others!" Y/n jumped off the bed, the hood of her onesie falling off her head.
     "What are we waiting for? Let's get the bastard," Hank sighed, turning around.
     "I won't be aiding you, so can you drop me off at Ancil's?" Connor shot her a glance, then looked to his partner.
     "Why aren't you helping?"
     "Like you said earlier. Connor doesn't have anything to do with me," she said, the last sentence being the last thing she had said for the rest of her time with the two.