Ch. 14

So, life's fun, right? Not for Y/n. Ancil and Delaney left her alone...again. They had to go visit their family, but she didn't want to join. She thought they'd stay, but she lied to herself. So, during work, she was bombarded by questions revolving around Delaney.
     She slept the entire day at work and even managed to scare Gavin off. You see, he kept pestering her. All she wanted was a little nap. But, that wasn't what he wanted her to do. Her idea to get him away? Lunge at him with scissors and yell at him that his funeral was going to be soon.
     So, he left her alone. In fact, the whole place did. Even Hank managed to keep Connor at bay. When it was time to leave, she quickly gathered her supplies and left. Nobody followed her of course. Connor wanted Hank to drive him to Ancil's place, but Hank told him he wouldn't want that.
      But, he did anyways. She was just putting away a few things that she'd have to smuggle to Markus when he barged into her room. "C-Connor?!"
     "Officer Y/n, I have come to see what has been bothering you." She sat on her bed, yawning. That bed hasn't been touched since Ancil and Delaney left. She hadn't slept in over two weeks.
     "N-nothing's wrong C-Connor..." Just saying his name made her blush. Looking at him, listening to him, anything involving him made her face explode into the color of a ripe tomato.
     "Have you slept?"
     "Yes."
     "When?"
     "Just at work." She was lucky Gavin kept waking her up. Her nerves were torn when her caregivers left her. Where were they now? She doesn't know, but something bad was going to happen.
     "Why were you sleeping at work?" She began to feel overwhelmed, and her stress levels were climbing like how she climbed the fridge to get the bread on top. Quickly.
     "I was t-tired..." Tears spilled from her eyes, and she quickly wiped them off. Her watch was beeping, signaling new messages. She glanced to it, smiling weakly.
     That was, until she saw the messages. Ancil and Delaney were at the hospital. Car crash. The feeling of something bad dissolved, but a knew emotion filled her to the brim; worry. Who was to die? Will either of them live?
     What will happen to her if they did die? Her stress levels increased once more, and Connor stepped closer. "Officer-"
     "Can you get me some herbal tea?! P-please?" She quietly asked, rubbing away the tears. Her arm was growing to be a pain in the ass. It bleed rapidly and she had no time to change or clean the wound. And not enough energy. Connor nodded, slowly leaving the room.
     He was hesitant to leave her alone by herself. Ancil was clearly right; she had too many screws loose. Whatever happened to her in the past, damaged her for life.
     Another message appeared, which took her by surprise. 'I miss you already. We were heading home, a surprise for your birthday, but this had to happen. I'm sorry, little sis.' "S-Shane..."
     She gently tapped a message in, smiling faintly. 'Thank you, brother. I miss you, too. Please make sure they survive.'
     "Here's your tea," Connor said lightly, trying not to raise her stress levels even more. She could be like an android. She could kill herself at any moment now, and he'd be to blame.
     "T-thank you," she whispered, her shaky hand gently taking the glass from him.
     "I should recommend you upgrade your appliances," he muttered, trying to lift the spirits.
     "I like t-the old things...r-reminds me of h-happier times..." His LED flashed yellow and she smiled at him.
     "B-but these are h-happy t-times, too." She took another sip of her tea, yawning. Her stress levels dropped tremendously, stunning Connor. Why not slowly? Why drop quickly?
     "You haven't been getting sleep..." She looked away, blushing.
     "Y-yeah...I didn't want to sleep by mys-self. I don't want to wake up from s-something terrible and...be alone," she whispered the last part, fear closing in on her. Connor sat by her, hugging her.
     "I'll be here. Trust me." She slowly nodded, leaning her head on his shoulder and falling asleep. He watched as her face fell peacefully, making him smile. At this point, he could work with this...love emotion and still pay attention to his programming. But what of they found this flaw?
     Wouldn't Cyberlife send another home and keep him to test on? He laid her on the bed, scanning the room. He moved downstairs, stepping over the pups. Why did they sleep by the first step? He looked around, then sat on the couch. He looked over to the steps, then to the television.
     Why was it on? Did it comfort Y/n? He heard a shuffle upstairs, but as quick as it came, the noise was stopped. The pups began to run around once more, it some noise here and there. He leaned back, waiting for her shouts.

     Y/n jumped to, her eyes watering. She tried to scream but nothing came out. She grabbed at it, whimpering. She heard Alger howl, making her scream. Connor busted through the door, looking at her. His LED was red, and he scanned her. "What's wrong, Officer Y/n?!"
     "N-nothing," she whispered out, surprised he actually stayed.
     "Why did you scream?" She looked away, tears falling faster. She let out a single sob, wiping her tears away.
     "What if Ancil and Delaney don't come back?" This stopped the android. What happened to the two?
     "They will come back. They don't want to leave you alone here."
     "P-promise?" He hesitated, looking into her wide eyes. Should he promise? It'd help her now, but wouldn't she hate him after?
     "Promise," he whispered, moving to her. He hugged her, feeling her arms tightly squeeze him. Was this why she couldn't sleep? Fears? She yawned, pulling away. She laid back down, yawning.
     "Thank you, Connor." He kissed the top of her head, looking at her tear stained face.
     "You're welcome, Officer Y/n." She smiled, watching as he left helplessly.
     "Wait!" She stuck her arm out, eyes wide. He turned back, his LED flashing yellow. "S-stay with m-me?" He looked back, then shut the door. He moved towards her, sitting at the foot of the bed. "Thank you."
     "You're welcome, Officer-"
     "Just call me Y/n."
     "Alright...Y/n." She smiled, closing her eyes. Before falling fast asleep, she yawned, hugging herself.
     "Love you, Connor," she whispered, now fully asleep. His LED had flashed red, then yellow. Love? His face tinted blue, and he looked away from her. Gavin said she wouldn't love him...
     But, the again, Gavin's an ass. "I love you too, Y/n," he whispered, turning to face her sleeping form.