Ch. 23

Y/n bad sat by Kara and Alice, happy to see them again. "I'm glad you guys managed to escape. I mean, I didn't know he had went...rogue against his own kind," she said, scratching the back of her neck. Kara nodded slightly, laughing a little.
     "Yeah. And, hey. I'm glad you're for us," Kara said, smiling widely. Although, her motherly side screamed that she was afraid for Y/n. Y/n nodded, looking to Alice, her smile never faltering.
     "I have to be the one percent that represents," she whispered, standing up. "I'm going to find Markus and the others." Kara and Alice waved to her, and even Luther said bye to her.
     Y/n stood on the top of the ship, looking up at the sky. She shivered when the wind blew, and she heard Markus slowly speak. From the bottom of her gut, she felt something was off. She turned to the bridge of the ship, her heart pounding against her chest. There was another voice with him, and wasn't it familiar. "Don't move!" She gave an inaudible gasp, then ran into the room. Markus gave her a sad smile, and she looked to the back of the man's head.
     "Leave him alone! If you kill him, you'll have to kill me too," she said, her feeling of fear feeding into her courage. The male straightened up, still pointing the gun at Markus.
     "I just came looking for you." An image of the puppy dog like Connor appeared in her head. 
     "And that mission?" she questioned, tears fearing to fall. Connor lowered the gun, making her scoff.
      "I was worried about you, Y/n. I knew you were with the deviants. Hank didn't want to believe you were alive and Ancil-"
     "Shut up! You were the one to tell me to stop helping, Connor. And I'm sure Ancil knows where I am." She moved in front of Markus, looking Connor in the eyes. "I'm nothing to you, aren't I, Connor?" her voice faltered, and tears slipped down her cheeks. "You're doing it for your mission, Connor. Do not say it is otherwise that." She had her arms spread out, seeing as he hadn't set the gun down.
     "Y/n, I can handle this," Markus whispered, making her step forward a little more.
     "Shoot me, Connor! Come on! Anything for the mission, huh?!" She closed her hands into fists, watching as he faltered. "You don't have to work for the DPD...for Cyberlife. It's disappointing that you are a slave, Connor," she whispered, dropping her arms. "I'll hopefully see you back with the others, Markus," she whispered, moving back out.
     She moved down to the group, anger flourishing around her. She moved past them, giving a faint smile, a small wave or even a simply nod of her head. Just to make them feel happy. For them to feel hope. She sat by herself, grabbing a rock and tossing it in the air. She caught it every now and again, but she might have dropped it once or twice. She sighed, looking up to the roof. Shouts echoed through the ship, making her jump and quickly rise up.
     She was pushed, and trampled. She felt their fear envelope her. She looked back to the roof, watching as metal fell. She heard Lucy call her name, and she gave her a terrified look. The metal fell onto her head, and she passed out. That thing she heard were gunshots.

     ~~A few hours earlier~~

     "Hank! We have to find Jericho," Connor insisted, sitting on his partner's desk.
     "You heard Fowler, Connor. We're off the fucking case," he grumbled, messing with his tablet. Connor looked around, sighing.
     "We were close to something, Hank. Come on," Connor begged, watching as his partner slowly faced him.
     "Have you ever thought that we are working on the wrong side?" he questioned, looking into Connor's eyes.
     "I know we're fighting on the right side, Lieutenant. I just need-"
     "Forget it, Connor."
     "What about Y/n? What if she's there, waiting for help? And if she is...dead...wouldn't you want revenge?" Hank jumped up, poking his finger at Connor's chest.
     "You don't know what you're talking about, Connor. So keep your fucking mouth shut!" He moved away from his desk, heading outside. Connor stood up, snatching the key. He moved to the captive male, staring at him. Everything was silent, still, and calm. He allows the prisoner's escape, and watches as he tackles the FBI agent.
     Connor moved to the archive room, looking around. He plugged the key into the door, stopping when Gavin started to speak. "Hey Connor. I'm talking to you, asshole." Connor sighed, swinging the door open and he walked down the steps. After a while of Connor speaking to the androids and locating Jericho, Gavin walked in, gun pointed.
     "I've been dreaming of this since the first second I saw you," he growled, moving a bit closer.
     "Don't do it, Gavin," Connor warned, listening as his colleague scoffed.
     "You're off the case, Connor," Gavin retorted, still aiming the gun.

     Ancil had gotten a call from Hank, but the Frenchman ignored it. A call was made once more, but from Delaney. That, he answered. "Salut, mon amour?" He questioned, listening to the shuffling and sirens.
     "Uh, well, not sure what that means. It's Shane. Delaney...he's in the hospital." Ancil cried out, throwing a bottle of beer against the TV. Shane cringed at the shout, pulling the phone away from his ear.
     "Why is he there?!" His French accent coated his speech, making Shane grumble.
     "Car crash. I'm coming for Y/n, too. You don't sound like you can take care of her." Ancil threw the phone, not wanting to hear such a thing. He moved to the home phone, listening to Hank's message.
     "Connor still believes Y/n is alright. He's going to be deactivated soon, though. Well, talk to you when you're better."
     Ancil was a mess. He didn't know what to do or what not to do. He was all alone now.

     ~~~Normal times~~~

     Y/n had woke up, feeling the water rise. She gasped, jumping up. She heard the androids clambering about, and the remaining gunshots. She ran up to the stairs, stopping when she realized the stairs were broken. Time froze before she saw an android lean over. "Hurry up!" he cried, making her panic more.
     She leaped up, grabbing his hand. He helped drag her up, not knowing she was human at first. The metal scratched her stomach, and she felt blood pour out of her. She nodded to him, allowing him to lead her away. "Markus told us we can jump off here!" he yelled, glancing back. She nodded, fumbling with taking her sweatshirt off. Once it was off, she looked to him. He nodded to her, then jumped. She took a deep breath, allowing herself to fall.
     Once she hit the water, she blacked out. It was due to blood loss and the cold water shocking her heart. The deviant helped her to shore and to the new Jericho site, but she hasn't woke up yet.