Ch. 25

Y/n had fallen back to sleep, not able to stay awake any longer. Ancil was afraid of what might happen to her, but Connor said it will all be fine. She has been asleep longer than what that robot had suggested, so Ancil sat in the room with Connor and her. Hank had went home and went to handle Shane. Ancil sighed, rubbing his temples. "How long has she been out?"
     "...Well...she's been out for at least...six hours." Ancil took a deep breath, slowly nodding.
     "What had happened? To make her...like this?"
     "An android reported that she had dashed out last minute. Others said she had been knocked when a piece of metal fell and hit her head. But, when the android helped her up the steps, a piece of metal dragged across her stomach and..." he stopped talking, lifting up her shirt and showing the bloody bandages. Ancil slowly nodded once more, touching the bandage.
     "She'd be fine now...if only you had allowed her to help you," he sadly whispered, tears lingering in his eyes.
     "Ancil, you know-"
     "All you had to do was watch after her. Or was she too much of a burden, Connor? What about the mission? That was all you were thinking!"
     "I don't think that anymore, Ancil."
     "I don't care. You should have put her first if you really loved her, Connor?"
     "And you did?" Ancil stopped, standing up.
     "I went to fetch her when she was scared. When her father died and the police called. It was either her or I'd be with my family. I put my family off, like they told me. Connor, I have no more family. Y/n's the only one I have now," he whispered, leaving the room to meet up with Markus.
     Connor stood there, his LED flashing yellow. No more family? What happened? "His mother had cancer," Y/n whispered, sitting up. "His father left, but it was too dark. And it was after the funeral. He got hit. He went to the same hospital, lucky it was the same one. No, she hadn't died yet, and his mother and father died together. The funeral was his grandmother's. She passed while sleeping," she yawned, holding back a scream and holding onto her stomach.
     "Be careful, Y/n." She didn't listen, and quickly stood up.
     "All his other family members? All he had was his brother left...like me. But, his brother didn't want to be with him. He didn't like his brother. So, he went to kill Ancil. Out of fear and protection...he killed his brother. Ancil is now the only member left. If I was raised by that android, and Delaney had died, he'd be alone...again. It took him years to find Delaney." Y/n looked at Connor, her eyes half lidded.
     She stumbled into his grasp, smiling. "Y/n?" She looked back, tears finding it's way out of her eyes.
"     Ancil, I'm sorry!" she screamed, stumbling into his arms. "I'm going to die, I feel it, Ancil! I'm sorry! Please, find somebody before I pass away!" she cried, squeezing onto him. He looked to Connor, then to her.
     "You aren't going to...no. You can't." He hugged her back, hearing her sobs. "I'll make sure you stay alive, mon ami." They stood there, hugging onto each other while crying. Everything was silent, then Markus walked in.
     "Connor. You're able to leave for the Cyberlife Tower now? We'll take care of Y/n from here. Connor slowly nodded, fixing his button up and his tie. He quickly fixed his hair, nodding once more.
     "I'll be back...be careful, Y/n," he whispered, leaving the church. The last stage was about to begin. And Y/n wasn't allowed to help. Markus had a deviant, new, help him to his home. Another deviant stayed with Y/n, making sure she was safe.
     But, when the deviant went to fetch some more warming materials, Y/n ditched her. She ran, trying to help Markus. To help the revolution.