Ch. 29

The female laid in the small fort, silly straw in mouth. "What's wrong, mon chéri?"
     "I think Connor's mad at me," she mumbled, continuing to drink her tea quietly.
     "Why do you say that?" She sighed shakily, setting the straw on the other side of the cup.
     "He didn't want to have anything to do with me when I went to help him and Hank." Ancil smiled, leaning on his hand.
     "Do you think maybe it's because he wants to be known for helping? Maybe he feels left out of the team?" She laid her head down, eyes aimed at the screen of the TV. Right now, Timon and Pumbaa found Simba, wondering what they should do with him.
     "Maybe," she sighed, her emotions still down. She still felt sad. Ancil sighed, shaking his head.
    "The gay animals are about to sing. Aren't you going to join?" Y/n gave a small smile, nodding.
     "Always."

     Hank had stopped the car, looking at the building. "This is where he's at?" Connor's LED flashed yellow before returning to blue.
     "I'm sure, Lieutenant." Hank sighed, getting out. He grunted, slamming his door shut. Connor stepped out, already approaching the building.
     "Hey, bastard. Don't forget your weapon." Conor pat his coat pocket, looking at Hank.
     "I'm going to try talking first." Hank sighed, nodding.
     "Fine. Just don't fucking kill yourself dumbass."
     "Alright, Lieutenant." He stepped up to the building, watching a piece fall off.

     Y/n finished screaming the lyrics, popping a few pieces of popcorn in her mouth. "You know, you remind me of Timon. You both are very...mother like. Ooo, and salty!" She chirped, smiling.
     Ancil smiled, shaking his head. He was happy his friend was finally smiling. That's all he really cared about. "Oh, really? Well, that's weird. You remind me of Simba. A weird and friendly kid." He reached over, patting her head.
     "Neat!" She smiled, sipping on her tea again. Y/n had relaxed, smiling. Ancil looked back to the television, getting a handful of popcorn.

     Connor hadn't been successful in speaking with the deviant. He was stabbed and left. "Hank!" His partner ran in, looking around. Once he met Connor's gaze, he lowered his gun.
     "Damn it, Connor. What the fuck did I just say?" Connor pointed towards the back door, slowly getting up.
     "He ran that way. If you go now-" Hank pocketed his gun, helping Connor up.
     "I have to get you back to the DPD, dumbass." Connor mumbled something under his breath, trying to shake the lieutenant off.
     "We have to catch the deviant. If we don't it could start the past events again. Lieutenant Anderson, are you listening?"
     "You should leave the talking alone to Y/n. If you wanted it to go smoothly, you should have convinced her to come with, you damned android." Connor glared at him, finally moving his arm away.
     "Lieutenant Anderson, I was made for any type of possibility. I was made to talk them out of-"
     "And before you were built she was getting the hardest criminals to crack. Don't underestimate that girl. She might wear a damned animal onesie, but that kid has more guts than the fucking FBI." Connor stood there, taking in the information.
     "Lieutenant-"
     "Connor." Everything fell silent and the android sighed. Hank helped him out to the car, quickly driving away from the spot.

     Y/n had fallen asleep, the last scene playing quietly since Ancil turned the volume down. He crawled out of the fort, heading for the kitchen. He had pulled a bottle of Pastis out, taking a sip. He looked out the window, seeing a bird fly by.
      It was bright. One of those perfect days for playing at the park or just sitting on a bench with icecream in one hand and your love or friend in the other. A beautiful day, but he stayed inside with Y/n. Not that it matters, he enjoyed spending time with his friend.
     A knock on the door shook him from his thoughts, his green eyes shooting to the door. He set the bottle back into the fridge, dusting himself as he headed to the door. He opened it, looking at the two that stood before him.
     "Hank? Connor? What are you doing here?"
     "The damned plastic bastard got himself hurt." Ancil sighed, opening the door wider and heading back to the living room.
     "Make yourselves comfortable! Don't mind the couch that has been flipped, Y/n's sleeping under it. I'll see if I can't in touch with that deviant, Lucy, for you, Connor." He stepped into the kitchen again, grabbing the phone on the wall.
     Hank had helped Connor to the couch to the corner, standing off to the side. "So, how did he get hurt?"
     "He tried speaking to the deviant instead of just shooting the damn thing down." Ancil nodded, taking a sip of the Pastis in his hand.
     Y/n had yawned, slowly pulling herself out from under the fort. She rubbed her eyes, looking at Ancil. "What time is it?" She stretched, hearing him chuckle.
     "Scar just died." She quickly looked at the TV, pouting.
     "How did I sleep past that? You should have woken me up, I wanted to watch his karma switch up." She pulled the bowl closer to her, quickly swiveling her head around. "Hi Hank! How'd the mission go?"
     "Hey, kid," he chuckled, finally sitting on the other couch. "Let's just say it wasn't successful."
     "Aw, what happened?"
     "Connor tried smooth talking the thing. Got stabbed a couple of times." She quickly looked at the other couch.
     "Stabbed?!" He rose a brow, meeting her e/c gaze. She blushed, jumping. "We need to get Lucy!" She ran upstairs, ranting. Ancil sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.
     "That girl always does before thinking," he muttered, heading back into the kitchen. Hank had sighed, leaning his head back and closing his eyes. Y/n jumped off the stairs, buttoning the last few buttons up.
     "Ancil!"
     "I've contacted them, Y/n, just wait." Ancil grumpily replied, taking another sip of the Pastis. She shifted from one foot to the other, hearing him sigh. "Take him to them. She'll be ready," he informed, placing the phone back in the kitchen. Y/n had quickly pulled on Connor's arm, eyes staring into his.
     "Come on! You need to see Lucy!" He rolled his eyes, but stood up nonetheless. Hank stood up, heading for the door.
     "I'll bring her back, Ancil!"
     "Alright. Take care and don't get hurt again!" Y/n had placed Connor's arm around her shoulders, supporting him.
     "Are you okay? What happened? Is your vision blurry? Do you feel like your-"
     "Kid, calm down. He'll be fine."
     "Nothing's fine!" She screeched, looking at Hank. "H-he was stabbed!" Her face turned red and she opened the door, helping Connor into the car.
     "Officer, it isn't necessary to worry. I assure you, I'll be-" Y/n grabbed his shoulders, looking into his eyes.
     "It is necessary," she whispered, jumping into the backseat. "You know where it is...right Hank?" The elder chuckled, nodding.
     "I do know, Y/n. Don't worry so much, kid." Y/n slowly nodded, sitting back. She looked out the window, occasionally looking to see if Connor was doing fine.