Ch. 4

"Come on! We'll be late!" Tiffany shouted, grabbing Y/n by the wrist. Her only friend at the time. The female's golden locks swayed around her when she ran.
     She wanted to catch the release of the first android pup. Tiffany loved dogs as much as the next human. She loved all types, so why not get a robo one? Tiffany's green eyes was laced with happiness and enjoyment. She had so many puppies, but that never stopped her.
     "Tiffany! Slow down!" The female looked back, narrowly avoiding a vehicle.
     "Oh! Thank you, Y/n! But, lets go now! We have only half an hour left!" She took another step onto the road, a car catching her foot.
     She was sent to the hospital to get it wrapped up. But, they put her into a different procedure. Brain surgery.
     She didn't make it. The only thing that stops young Y/n is that someone grabs onto her wrist with enough confidence.
     She can't stand to see the last face Tiffany ever had.

     Y/n laid her head on her desk, sleeping. She didn't sleep at night, for she had been thinking and pacing all night. "Officer Y/n." She jumped, knocking over her photo of Tiffany and her. She looked up to Connor, then looked away quickly.
     "Y-yeah?" Software instability.
     "Uh...Hank was needing to see you." She slowly nodded, then moved away. She glanced back to him, then quickly dashed off to Anderson's desk. While she was gone, Connor moved the photograph, analyzing it.

                         Tiffany Collins

                         Tiffany Collins

     Hank was apologizing about Connor. He hadn't needed to see her. She shot her glance over at the android, then gasped. "Tiffany," she whispered.
     Before any officers near her could stop her, she tackled the android, mercilessly beating him while suffering the memories. "Y/n!"
     Delaney yanked her off, looking over Connor. She held back. Nothing was damaged. Hank moved over, pulling connor up. "What's wrong?"
     She didn't talk to him. She only held her head down, tears falling onto the floor. Memories of her friend rushed around her head. "Y/n. What happened, mate?" She spun around, pressing her face into her friend's chest.
     Connor didn't understand. Hank looked around, then his eyes landed on the picture. "Connor. She doesn't like people laying a finger on that photo."
     Anderson saw where it was moved. All the dust surrounding stayed there. Except for the clear spot where that photo sat. "Why not, lieutenant?"
     "Memories, Connor." He moved to the two, patting her back. "I'm sorry, Y/n." She spun, latching onto Hank. Delaney pat her head, silently whispering to the two. Then, he moved to Connor.
     "She's not that made at ye, mate. Ye got lucky she held back. Ye bet she'd made loads of dents in ye." He glanced back, smiling slightly. "Just give er some time. She'll realize you didn't mean harm, mate." He moved back to the two, waving to Hank as he left.
     "I didn't have to see her Connor. I bet that wasn't even in your programming to trick her."
     "I do anything for the mission. I had to get to know her for the trust. Not like that trust means anything."
     "Connor!" Delaney watched the two, the looked back, but Y/n wasn't there. He looked back, watching as she yanked out her gun.
     "Trust means a lot, you ditz," she whispered, her voice still breaking and the tears still flowing.
     "Officer Y/n. I-"
     "Save it!" Everything was silent, except for the sound of her gun hitting the ground. She grabbed the photo, threw it at Connor, then left.
     The photograph laid there, shards of glass everywhere. Software instability.  The android made a move to grab for her, but looked to see nothing.
     She laid on the road, stopping traffic. "Just run over me..."
     Hank sighed, walking up to her. "Get up, kid."
     "No.
     "You're causing traffic."
     "Tell them to kill me."
     "What? No, come on, get up," he grunted, lifting her up. She let her body fall limp, tears cascading. Software instability. Connor watched, hesitant to say anything.
     "Isnt that suicidal, officer?" He stepped up, earning a quick squeak and her hiding behind Hank.
     "That's her point. Connor, you've done enough. Go on. Back in the station."
     "But lieutenant-"
     "Connor! Leave her alone!" His LED flashed yellow, then he moved off.
     Y/n had sat on the ground, covering her face. She didn't want to see humans or androids right now. She wanted to go back to Ancil and look at all the books. She wanted to see everything they had before they made androids.
     That microwave and the racing cars they have. All the livestock and the barn in the back. All the stuff that older people remember.
     She missed smelling those books already. "D-Delaney..."
     "He went back home to talk to Ancil, kid."
     "Can you take me home? Please," she choked put, looking to him.
     "Unfortunately, not unless you want that android by you."
     "Then tell him to stay here!" Hank sighed, then sat beside her.
     "I'll drive you home, kid. Luckily, he won't catch me missing if we leave now." She nodded, letting Hank help her up. She sat beside him in the vehicle, then smiled a little.
     "I forgot to give you something last time you visited. If you come in, I'll give it to you. Plus, Ancil might make you some homemade beer." He chuckled, patting her head.
     "Alright, kid."