Ch. 30

Y/n bounced in her seat, watching as the familiar, and abandoned, church approach. Once Hank stopped, she leapt out of the car, quickly opening Connor's. She reached over and unbuckled him, tugging him out. "Officer, I can-"
     "Do not resist! I'm going to help, no matter what!" She tugged him again, watching him sigh and slowly step out. She wrapped his arm around her shoulders, helping him to the doors. Hank followed behind, opening the door when he was asked to.
     "Markus! Markus, I need you!" She squeaked out, giving occasional glances to Connor. She stopped, looking at the familiar outfit Markus wears.
     "Y/n? What happened to Connor?" She gave a short sob, handing Connor over.
     "Can you take care of him? I don't have the things and I don't know how to treat him. I don't know what to do I just-"
     "Calm down, Y/n. I'll have him taken care of. You can come with if you want." He rose a brow, holding a hand out. She nodded, taking it. He took them to a small corner, where her dearest friend was waiting for her.
     "Lucy!" She squealed, running up and hugging her still damaged friend.
     "Y/n. It's good to see you around here again," she calmly replied, pulling away to analyze her friend. "You've been doing well I see."
     "Yeah, but Connor's hurt! You need to help him!" Lucy looked to Connor, analyzing him.
     "I see. Follow me, Connor. Y/n, please wait someplace else."
     "But-" Y/n shifted from one foot to the other, growing flustered and aggravated. After her period of being out there, she reverted back to her old self. "Okay," she whispered, shuffling away. Not as many androids lived here once their independence has been bestowed upon them.
     "Y/n, I thought you'd stay by Connor's side." She shook her head, still flustered.
     "I wanted to give him some space," she mumbled, remembering the reason they left her. He didn't want her help, as always. But why now?
     "Hm, something's on your mind. Do you wanna talk about it?" She shook her head quickly, then slowly nodded. She sat by Markus, but not too close.
     "I'm afraid something might be wrong with me. I mean, Connor didn't want anything to do with me," her voice cracked, distrust falling upon the relationship.
     "Mhm. Well, some times, others need time alone."
     "He didn't want me helping on a mission!" Tears formed in her eyes as she glanced down to her hands. "He doesn't like me, I guess," she whispered, feeling Markus hug her.
     "You know that isn't true. You were the human to help break him from his coding. He owes a lot to you."
     "Maybe he wants to go back to his working days. Before he met me days." Silence followed, Markus only holding on to make her feel better. Then, Connor limped out, Lucy following after.
     "He's fixed," she announced, stopping by Y/n. The human stood up quickly, almost falling down and hugged the android.
     "Thank you so much! How can I repay you?" Lucy laughed, patting Y/n's back before pulling away.
     "You helped give us our freedom. This is just one of the many ways we pay you back." From the corner of her eye, Y/n watched Connor flinch. In her heart and mind, she knew that was what confirmed it for her. He wanted his old, boring life back. She bit her tongue, holding back tears.
     "Y/n?" She smiled, nodding.
     "We can go back now," she whispered, quickly running back out to Hank's car. Hank watched her run by, raising his brow. After a while, Connor limped up, his led red. Hank pushed himself from the wall, stopping Connor.
     "What the hell happened?" Connor only gave a sigh before shrugging.
     "She's just being bipolar as always," he mumbled, turning to where she ran out at. "One minute she was happy with Lucy and the next she became sad again." Hank looked towards the open door, hearing a faint shout. He sighed, helping Connor outside.
     "Well, it sounds like her." Connor looked away, watching as the female they were talking about buried her head in her knees through the car window. Hank sighed, taking Connor to the other side of the car and hopping in on the driver's.
     "Hank, take me home," she muttered, voice a little shaky. He sighed, turning back.
     "What happened back there, Y/n?" She didn't respond or move. Well, when she did it was because her body shook as she cried.
     "Just something-" she was caught of by a hiccup and unsteady sobs. "I confirmed." Hank sighed, reached back and pat her head and began driving away. Silence swallowed the group up, swallowed Y/n up. She felt paranoid and depressed. She just wanted to lay in bed with herbal tea and Ancil telling her stories of times before androids. At this point, she liked that thought better. A day with no androids around and no expensive electronics.
     The car stopped, her lifting her head to see Hank's house. "Connor, you head on in, I'll drive her back home."
     "But Lieutenant-"
     "Go, Connor." The android hesitated, his led flashing red before he got out and limped up the steps. Y/n climbed up to the front, resuming her hugging knees position. "Care to really tell me what happened?" Hank asked, starting the car up again.
     "I want all the androids gone," she whispered, feeling bad about saying it. They were human-ish too. Why want them gone now?
     "Why's that?" She shifted, lowering her legs and wiping her eyes.
     "Because Connor doesn't like having freedom. He wants to go back to the times were he had his programming and missions." Hank made a small chuckle, shaking his head.
     "You don't know that, kid." She snapped her head to him, but not out of anger. Just a little shocked.
     "I do know! When Lucy said that I helped them be free, he flinched! He didn't like that idea!" She gave a softer sob before coiling back up. Hank fell silent after giving another sigh. Before they arrived home, Hank stopped the car in the Detroit Police parking lot.
     "I have to get something, okay?" She gave a nod, hearing him shift around. "I won't be long," he mumbled again, leaving the car and the female. She slowly uncoiled, wiping away her tears and looking around the parking lot. As he said, he came back quickly, placing some files in the back and starting the car up.
     "Hank, how's Sumo?" He glanced, giving a chuckle.
     "He's doing good. You can come visit him when you want, kid." She nodded, watching as Ancil's home appeared, a smile making it's way on her face.
     "Thanks, Hank. For, everything," she mumbled, a small laugh at the end. He glanced to her, parking the car.
     "Well, you're welcome, kid." She smiled and gave him a nod, opening the door and quickly shutting it. She gave a limp wave, rushing up the steps and shutting the door. There, her lip quivered as she slid down the door, curling up and crying to herself. Footsteps quickly marched down the steps, Ancil standing on the last step and looking at her with shock.
     "Y/n, mon cher? What's the matter?" She looked up, wiping her eyes.
     "Nothing," she hiccupped, sniffing and slowly standing up. Seeing the Frenchman made her slightly happier. The two puppies ran up, barking at their owner. She gave a laugh, petting them and nodding to Ancil.
     "We don't have to talk now. Or anytime."
     "Connor hates me for helping them be free! He wants to go back to his programming and hunt deviants!" She wiped the fresh tears, hiccupping once more. "I saw him flinch when Lucy said I helped, I saw it!" Ancil quickly hugged her and pat her head.
     "I knew that android was bad from the start," he whispered, trying to calm her down. "Pardon, mon cher. Pardon," he sighed, pulling away and letting her wipe her tears.
     "I wanna sleep." He nodded, leading her up the steps.
     "I'll make some tea for you. Go rest your head." She nodded, letting him leave. The pups followed after, hopping onto her bed as she pulled the covers up.

     She woke up, seeing Ancil slowly trudge in. He smiled, holding two cups as the sun streamed in through the blinds. She sat up and yawned, waking Sir up. Alger had been charging on his pad, soon stirring when Sir sniffed at it. Ancil set the cup on the end table, sympathetic smile on his face. "Hank was here earlier. He seemed worried about you, mon cher." She smiled, reaching for the cup and eagerly sipping from it.
     "What did he say?" He nodded, looking towards the door.
     "Well, he said he'd be up to spend you day to help you. Surprisingly, it wasn't a joke." She nodded, then jumped up.
     "Can I go see Sumo?!" He laughed in response, nodding.
     "Oui, oui. He said you can come over whenever," he sighed, standing up. "Do you need someone to walk you there?" She thought, then shook her head. Then she nodded.
     "You can hang out with Hank while I hang out with Sumo!" She then gasped, picking Sir up and let him give her kisses. "Can you ask him if we can bring the pups?" Ancil stood up, nodding.
     "I'll go ask, mon ami." She nodded, smiling. "You get ready." Again, she nodded, placing Sir down and moving to her closet when the door shut. This was a day she was looking forward to. Just chilling with her friends and the dogs. Maybe they could even go and watch a movie too. Just maybe.