Ch. 5

Y/n sat next to Hank on the sofa, Delaney and Ancil were in the kitchen. "Oh! The present!"
     "Keep down please, Y/n. You mustn't get overwhelmed." She nodded to Ancil, then rushed upstairs. Ancil walked out, the homemade beers in his arms. "Salut lieutenant. I haven't seen you here in years."
     "Yeah. If it weren't for Y/n, I'd be with Sumo." Ancil chuckled at this, handing Anderson his beer. "Thanks."
     "Il n'ya pas de quoi, mon ami." He's said that so many times, and explained it so many times.
     Y/n slammed a few boxes in front of Anderson and Ancil, making them jump. "There!"
     Ancil smiled, looking back to Hank. "We had no more use of these. Mainly because they are copies. Plus, some presents here and there. For all the christmases and birthdays we missed with you," the Frenchman explained, watching as his friend slowly inched them closer to Hank.
     "Old books, songs, games! Everything from back before androids, Hank! Ancil brought them from France, but they're all English!" He laughed, nodding. She pulled put a rectangular box, pretty big, wrapped in her iconic balloon wrapping paper. She had tons before the androids were made. "Open this one, please! You can open the others when you get home!"
     Hank took the gift, setting the glass of beer down. He adjusted himself, watching as she quickly sat down in front of him. He opened it, then opened the box. It had jazz songs in it. Plus, not to mention it had a few CDs of heavy metal bands. He pat her head, chuckling. "Thank you, kid."
     She hugged him, then ran back upstairs. "For such a scared person, she acts as if she has no fear in the world. That everything will always be okay," Ancil whispered, sadness in his eyes.
     "What's wrong with that? We need people like that."
     "She'll trust someone and get hurt. She wants to believe everything and everyone is good, Hank. She'll trust the wrong person."
     "That's already happened," Delaney sighed, looking at the two on the couch.
     "Who? When?"
     "Connor. Back at the DPD," Hank grumbled.
     Ancil got up, glaring at the two. "I am not letting her go back there."
     "Ancil, grá, she'll get fired."
     "Then let it be! It's better for her health, mon amour!"
     "What are you guys yelling about?" She stood on the last step, her head tilted to the side.
     "I know you heard, mon ami."
     "Ancil, I can't quit work. You know this. I...want to feel helpful!" She smiled, happy to be of assistance. Even if it kills her.
     "If I have to take you to France, I will. You are not working there." She looked away, then headed for the door. "Y/n!"
     She opened it, glaring at the android behind it. She moved back to the stairs, looking back at Ancil. "I'll kill myself before I stop working."
     Everything went silent. Delaney sighed, picking up Sir. "Aye, what are ye needin, Connor?"
     "That's the Connor!"
     "Ancil, not now."
     "Not now? How could you say that?! She needs to be helped!"
     His LED flashed yellow wondering why the two males were fighting. Then, he found out when Ancil approached him. "You have some nerve appearing at my door, robot."
     "Ancil, you can't destroy him."
     "Then get him out, Hank!"
     "Ancil Durand?"
     "Fuck you, robot! Get out of my house!" Connor's LED flickered to red, then returned to yellow.
     "Lieutenant, we need to get officer Y/n and head to the next investigation spot."
     "She's not going!" Ancil stopped, listening to the footfalls outside. Y/n appeared at the door, took a step in and raised her middle finger to Ancil.
     "Fuck off!" She ran out, leaving the place far behind. Ancil rushed to catch up, but failed. He placed a hand on his head, the turned back.
     "Hank. Can you go get Y/n?"
     "Not sure if I can find her, Ancil."
     Ancil kicked over somebody's trashcan, then walked back to the house. "Aye, get the android to do it, Ancil." The Frenchman waved his boyfriend away, then entered the house.
     Delaney stopped by Connor, then sent him a glance. "Aye, go find er, Connor." The androids LED flickered yellow, then he nodded. Software instability.

     Y/n sat on the top of a garbage bin, looking out for the stars. Too bad the clouds were covering them. She hopped off, knowing Ancil'll be looking for her. She stepped onto the road, pulling back quickly. Even though it was miles away, she knew a car was on it's way.
     When she heard heavy footfalls, she turned, coming face to face with Gavin. "Y/n? I thought that gay couple was taking care of you." She blushed, looking away.
     "I w-wanted some a-air..." she covered her face, looking down at her feet.
     "Alright. Well, want to get something to eat while you're out?" She didn't reply. Reed looked around,  then looked back to her. "Come on, it'll be fine."
     "O-okay." He smirked, reaching out his hand. She held onto it tightly, scared. She's always scared. He squeezed it reassuringly.
     Connor was running down the road, looking around. He did notice things that she would have laying about. He scanned them, and as right as he was, her fingerprints was covering it. What if she was in trouble? Software instability. He shook his head, following her trail.
     Gavin had sat Y/n down in a chair, sitting across from her. No, not at a restaurant. His house. She looked around, then looked at the table in front of her. Gavin set a plate of spaghetti in front of her. She looked away from it, hugging herself.
     "What's wrong, hun?" She jumped, looking at him.
     "Ancil said not to eat food from strangers..."
     "We've worked together for years. Am I that much of a stranger?"
     "I guess not...but being here unsettles me..." He looked her over, then sighed. "Not that I don't like this place or you! Wait, no! I!" He chuckled, moving over to her.
     "You don't have to like this place. Just eat your food." She was surprised. That wasn't Gavin. She looked around, then stood up.
     "I'm s-sorry, but I must be leaving," she squeaked out. He cocked a brow, smirking.
     "So soon?" She took a step to the door, then felt a hand wrap around her wrist. She froze, letting the tears fall.
     Connor had stopped, then reconstructed the places she had gone. He watched as Gavin approached, then quickly followed the path they took. Since knowing Gavin, he knew this was danger. A danger to her wellbeing and a valuable asset missing from the mission. Software instability. Hopefully he'll make it in time.
     He has to make it in time.