T W E N T Y - F O U R

Start from the beginning

"Just shut up okay. Nothing.had.happened.between.us.ever " He cut her in middle irriated with her constant blabber. "And I cannot even think to share anything with a woman like you. You get that." He replied harshly with red anger face and disconnected the call. He threw the phone aside and kept resting his head against seat thinking about the sore chapter of his life. His phone went off again with same number and this time he switched off his mobile completely forgetting that he need to inform Ishita first and his car continued to cover the distance on deserted expressway of Delhi Gurgaon Highway.

************

Ishita was whisking her coffee in mug when her apartment callbell rang, she shifted her gaze towards wall clock which was showing half past eight and then looked at Neelu who entered inside apartment with an apologetic face. Ishita shook with head with a smile seeing her house help acting like a scared kitten and sat back on chair continued to whisk the coffee and sugar in a coffee mug with a help of spoon. She spread The Times of India over dining table and her eyes started to scan headlines behind her reading specs where her hands continued to whisk the coffee until she spotted something unusual. "Neelu tere paer ko kya hua? Aise kyon chal rahi hai?" (What happened to your foot Neelu?) She asked finding Neelu walking unusually.

"Bhabhi woh aate waqt patthar se paer lag gaya toh thodi si lag gayi." (Nothing much bhabhi. I accidently stumbled on stone while walking towards your society.) Neelu replied with pale face, Ishita eyed towards her foot which looked little swollen but otherwise good, she dragged chair for her and indicated her to sit, "Main doctor ko bula doon kya?" (Should I call doctor for you?) Ishita asked with concern while examining her food which had little scratch.

"Nahi bhabhi ab theek hai yeh. Main aapke liye coffee bana deti hoon." (It will get better bhabhi. Should I prepare coffee for you?) Neelu drew her foot back and started to whisk the coffee. Her behaviour was odd for Ishita but she shrugged it and stopped her from whisking it further, "It's already done Neelu. I will make coffee you do a thing go and wake Roohi up. It's already nine." Neelu obliged same and went towards Ishita bedroom where she started to prepare coffee for two, she looked at her phone and sighed finding no call from Raman. After the unexpected morning kiss she expected to receive a courtesy call or message from him but as she received switched off message from operator she realised he cannot change or be considerate towards her.

"Bhabhi."

"Haan Neelu bolo." (Yes Neelu) Ishita replied while pouring coffee in the mug.

"Bhabhi aisa lagta hai ki Roohi ko bukhar chadha hua hai." (Bhabhi I think Roohi is having fever.) Neelu informed still standing at the doorway of her bedroom. Ishita forehead filled with line of worries and she ran towards her room to check little girl. "Par ek ghante pehle tak toh Roohi theek hi thi." (But she was fine until I woke up. What happened to her now?)  Ishita blabbered at herself looking at Neelu and then sat beside Roohi to check her. She immediately kept her hand on her forehead to check her, her forehead was little warm but her pulse rate looked normal. She covered her hands and legs properly with duvet and shifted her attention towards Neelu, "Neelu she is fine. Shayad tere haath thande honge isliye tujhe aisa laga hoga. Tu jaakar coffee pee le, wahan counter pe hi rakhi hai. Main Roohi ko lekar aati hoon." (She is fine Neelu. I guess your hands must be cold. Anyway go and have your coffee. I am coming taking Roohi along.) Ishita dismissed Neelu and patted Roohi's cheek softly to wake her up, she chuckled seeing her sleeping with open mouth, allowing the drool to come out from corner. Ishita admired her for few seconds and then patted her soft cheeks another time, her attempt was fruitful this time her little daughter finally opened her eyes and sat back with her help. Ishita folded the duvet and asked her to come in dining area, "Neelu can you help Roohi in brushing her teeth? I will prepare her chocolate milkshake." Neelu obliged same and took sleepy Roohi with her whereas Ishita started to prepare her milkshake.