EPILOGUE CHAPTER 80

JOE'S POV

I stood there and watched her leave out the door, feeling like a complete fool, more like a fucking jackass.  She just fucking walked out-Joe what now? You know how she felt all along. God, I should have known coming here, meeting up with Crystal somehow, would've ended up not good. 

It was a mistake! Seriously Joe, what were you thinking? I didn't know what to say; my body wouldn't let me make a single move. I couldn't; I didn't do anything. I was in shock just as the way I saw it in her eyes. 

I can hear myself scream so loud in my head of disappointment, that I dropped my face into the palms of my hands. Fuck...Joe, what now? I just keep repeating and repeating. I can't stop.

She was the best thing that's ever happened to me. When she left me the first time, my entire life was consumed by her. And yet, I couldn't tell her that. I couldn't explain it; I didn't know how to function right.

When I saw her walk out of the store, I knew she was broken. I saw it in her eyes; the look caused me to freeze. I broke her into pieces, I know it, her eyes said it all. 

She stood there in front of me for what seemed an eternity; you can feel the whole room filled with tension-shit she was so close enough from me to reach out and touch her and tell her how sorry I truly am that this is all a misunderstanding. But I was a fool, I couldn't even find the courage or the words to say anything. Fuck!

I wasn't used to anyone giving a damn about me if it wasn't for my money, or a part of my company, or just something in the matter of pleasure. 

With Alix, it was more than just physical attraction. I fell deeply in love with her. I craved her, and without her, I can't function.

When I spent my entire life building up walls and being a 25-year-old-self made billionaire, I never thought of falling in love. I made sure to keep everyone at arm's length, and she came along and broke every boundary I built. I was fucking terrified that she managed to, and yet, even with just a simple stare into a picture, I never knew that someone as beautiful, loving as her, could have.

The first time I saw a picture of Alix on my sister's nightstand back at her College, where Lyla and Krista attended. I captured her pure, beautiful brown eyes filled with mischief, I knew right there and then I had to meet this woman somehow, not knowing that I would've run into her the way I did.

To say that only a picture would let me believe she was the one, I knew deep down she had to be, and to say she was beyond beautiful would be an understatement, she was fucking breathtaking. 

It's too late for realization, Joe. I kept telling myself as I watched her leave. The way she looked at me, I knew I fucked up. How am I going to fix this one? Alix will never understand the world Crystal and I live. It's pure evil.

I'm not making excuses for it, but I know Alix kept asking me time after time about my life and my family and, of course about, Crystal. But I brushed it under the carpet. Life was never that easy for me. 

How was I going to explain to a strong woman like Alix, that I was weak when it came to my father, the man with it all, the man with power, that all he did was kill my soul, made me the man that I am today, bitter.

He never was a father, to begin with. I was eight years old when the sun-of-a bitch shipped me off to private school the minute he couldn't handle me. With his excuses of 'how different I was,' he'd say. 

I watched how he took the only thing that meant the world to me, my sister's Krista. Knowing how I'd vow to always protect her from him, and I'd never let him do the things a father shouldn't do to their flesh and blood. He knew how much Krista meant to me, even as a young child and yet he had no care in the world for it. 

I watched how my mother tried her hardest but yet never succeeded in helping the situation. However, there where times Robert made sure I was comforted and reassured Krista and me, our mother loved us very much. I won't deny, I'd see tears in her eyes,  still, were they sincere? I would always love my mother; she is, after all, the one who gave birth to us.

As the years went by, I barely saw my family; only Robert would come by never missing, not one special occasion. He would encourage me to do what's best for me. I know he saw the unhappy life we lived for; he had to live it too. And for that, I'm indebted to him for life. 

When I finally graduated from high school, my Junior Year just a young sixteen-year-old boy, with more than a five-point grade average, they couldn't keep up, so they indicated me with open arms into a prestigious College in London and graduated "with the highest distinction" as they said and became a self-made Billionaire. And would you think a father would be proud?

Wrong!

So you see, Sometimes it just takes one moment to change everything and that's the fucking moment, when Alix, just walked out of the store when she saw Crystal kiss me. How stupid can I be? I squeezed my eyes shut for a long ass minute-taking a deep breath. 

As I opened them, I looked down at Crystal; her eyes staring up at me knowing exactly what happened. I don't hear her speak, though, just see her mouth move. Why did I let her kiss me? What was I thinking? I know my father would be in his glory to see the scandal this will cause.

I felt Crystal grab onto my arm in an instant. I know this part is my fault. I should have fucking known better than to have met her. I lean forward, taking her hands off me.

"Joe," Crystal says in shock.

"What, Crystal, are you serious!" I snapped. She has to be kidding me. I pulled away and walked around her. I stood still and contemplated whether or not to chase after Alix. 

"Joe...I'm sorry...I didn't mean-

I turned around. I didn't even let her finished. I raised my hands to her face, not meaningly.

"Crystal, It's done, Please...I need to go, this is my fault, regardless of how we got here, I should have never been here. This is all my fault."

Not letting her say another word, I turned back around and walked away, leaving her standing there. It's not her fault the way I left Crystal standing there speechless. It's the way her smirk left me disgusted at how she loved the way Alix saw her kiss me.

Crystal didn't realize how I saw it, But I did. Now...how am I going to fix this, how am I going to explain to Alix, it's not what it seemed? Even though it is what was she saw.

Fuck me!  I said I opened the bagel shop door exiting it. Like I said before, it just takes one moment to change everything. 

THE END!!

*********A/N HOLY MOLLY!!! HI GUYS! I just wanted to say a HUGE THANK YOU to you all for never giving up on me and giving "When It Happened" a chance. I've met some really amazing people on this ride and thank you again. What an experience this was.

So as you can already see, there is a SEQUEL!!!! "WHY IT HAPPENED" Yes indeed! Joe will NOT give up without a fight! 

I've been writing this sequel now for about two to three months now, so PLEASE bare with me. I have high hopes for this book so thanks again for everyone who has been sticking around with me this whole time!!! XOXO XOXO!!!*********