CHAPTER 58

I manage to find a passageway onto the beach. Wow, it feels incredible out here, the air is perfect, the whole scenery is just beautiful here in Belize, and somewhere in the midst of it all, I feel freaking lost right now after what happened back in the room. While I'm in a breathtaking Private Island, with a man I'm crazy about, his X-fiance, who's his assistant, is here as well and decides to pop her head in and ask if he's alone tonight. As I mentioned, you can't make this shit up. Why must she always attend his meetings? Anna is my assistant back home, and I barely need her to attend any of my meetings.

Can I really deal with this? Why can't he tell me exactly what happened between the two of them? I feel as if I'm back in high school, fighting over a boy. That's all I need to fight over a man. Linda would keel over if that would ever happen. That's not me, I've never fought for Michael, and I knew all about his marital affairs. How sad is that?

I find a quiet location not too far in from the villa and stand to admire it all, digging my feet into the soft sand holding onto my arms and watching the waves break into the shore — mental soothing. I've been on sand, but this has to be the softest sand I've ever felt. And the view of the moonlight is spectacular and yet I'm standing here disappointed at myself, at the argument Joe and I just had.

"I'm sorry, Alix" I hear Joe's voice come from behind me. Alix, take a deep breath, I whispered to myself as I close my eyes in anguish. I need to see reason and not anger. I can't' keep going through this when she pops up. But It hurt when he implied one minute I'm happy and the next I'm throwing a tantrum or throwing shit. I guess this is how he sees me. Someone that characterizes her self as Bipolar? I stopped and turned to face him as he now stands in front of me.

"Joe, I'm sorry," I sincerely said. I sighed, looking up at him.

"Alix-" he started to say with a confused expression on his face. He assumed I was going to freak out and yell. But I cut him off. "I'm truly sorry, Joe," I admitted once again.

"What are you sorry about?" His eyes are soft.

"Cause you have this impression of me, when I get so angry with you, I have a tantrum or throw something at you...I don't know why I've been this way," I answered nervously. He pulls me into his arms. I lean my head onto his chest. I'm trying so hard not to cry.

"Joe, I hate the way I feel. I don't know who I am when I'm with you," I admitted, with my head still on his chest. My brain feels as it's all over the place. Lord, please help me!

He holds me in his arms tighter; it feels as if he doesn't want to let me go. But I have mixed emotions right now.

"Let's go back and enjoy dinner before we get back home," I said as I pull away from his arms and start to walk, but he grabs my hand making me turn around. "Back home?" he asks, confused.

"Yes, I thought it was only for today, just for the board meeting and maybe dinner? I replied, also confused by his look, watching how his eyes seem tired. Is he getting tired of me? What have I done? He pulls me close to him, and I gaze up at him.

"Well, yes, there was a meeting. I also wanted to spend a beautiful weekend with the woman I want to be with. So I brought the meeting to me, cause I can make those decisions, Alix" he replies and feel him rubbing his thumb along my knuckle. God, I love it when he does that.

"So why does she have to part of the package. She's only your assistant," I complained "I don't get it, I hate how you have to keep reminding me that she's your assistant, Joe," I said. I let go of his hand and took a step back, watching how his eyes changed.

"Alix, there's nothing you should be upset with. I had no clue she was going to coming to my room." 

"Then why did she" I questioned "Joe, the way she made it seem as if she didn't know you had a guest, I mean come on" I threw at him. I couldn't hold back, I needed him to see, she had intentions.