CHAPTER 71

From: Joe Thomas

Subject: Picking you up at 6 PM!!

Date: August 26th, 2019.

To: Alix Taylor

I'll be there by 6 PM ALIX!!

Joe

Did he just capitalize on my name? Oh Fuck, I shouted in my head, I love him, but he's so frustrating. I raised my hand, placing it on my head. He can be so freakin bossy! He needs to learn to try and not be so demanding. Yeah RIGHT! I said a bit out loud; it's Joeseph we're talking about. 

I have a career I need to think about. I wasn't born with a silver spoon the way he was. Brian will be coming in soon, and I'd hate to explain why I'm ticked off right about now. Don't need him to gloat.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Alix Taylor

Subject: Career WOMAN!

Date: August 26th, 2019.

To: Joe Thomas

Joe;

Rolling my eyes, should I remind you I already have a boss at work JOSEPH!

Why can't you listen to a word I say.

Brian and I need to work on some end of the month reports. Plus, I've been slacking off!

It's not like I'll let him make a pass at me!! Do you think you can handle it?

Alix XO

Something had to give, I kind of knew he was going to be uptight about this but come on. Gosh, I let out a sharp breath I was holding way too long. 

I know I freak out when Crystal is around him at work, Yet, there's no comparison, I didn't have a relationship with Brian. It was one date. Even then, It wasn't a date, we went to eat after a long night's work — no kiss, not even a hug goodbye. 

Granted, Brian was honest to let me know how he felt, and why wouldn't he be interested in me? Shit, shit, shit, I hate to upset Joe. He tends to take it out on my pussy — Kegel moment. Oh, Alix, this is not the time. Need to clear that dirty mind for a moment. 

Why do I get the feeling he's not going to be too happy since I capitalized his full name, hehe, I giggled and have a huge grin on my face, the little devil inside me loves to come out and play sometimes. Most lately. Well, here it goes nothing, I pressed send. 

Just as I thought, he's responded a bit too quickly. There's no way I'm not going to finish anything before Brian gets here! Just GREAT!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Joe Thomas

Subject: Ready and Willing

Date: August 26th, 2019.

To: Alix Taylor

Alix;

So you're working late with Brian and rolling your eyes at me? Brave I might say!

And Alix, I've told you many times THAT I listen to every word that comes out of that mouth that drives me insanely crazy.

I'd be very careful how you pronounce my name in capitalized letters Mrs. Taylor. I do remember the last time you did such a thing!!